Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I was reading an article about a soldier who was stationed at FT Devins (when it was open) He applied for a conceal carry permit. Mass is a May Issue state where they do not have to give you a permit.

The police did a check on him and found he went to school in the 8th grade with somone who is now a felon.

so he was turned down for knowing a felon, even though the kid was not a felon back then (If the soldier even knew him, or remembers him).
    I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on this one.

I serously doubt there is anyone in the entire US who went through public school and never had a classmate who was later to become a convicted felon.

He went to school with somoen who became a felon.

My point is because he was in a public school with somone who later became a felon the police chief used that as an excuse to refuse giving him a permit.

Like you said, prob all of us went to school with somone who became a felon. So does that mean you lose your rights?

"You knew bobby smith 10 years ago, last year he commited a crime, you are now somone who is friends with known felons, you cannot get a permit based on that'

essentially that is o if you go to a councilor for marriage problems, and on a background check it just shows up that you have gone to a councilor, should you lose your rights to own a gun or get a permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Like you said, prob all of us went to school with somone who became a felon. So does that mean you lose your rights?
    What I'm saying is that story is BS. Just more propaganda from the right. I have no doubt you read an article that said this but for it actually being true............

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    No, then anyone could be denied because they are deemed loony...and ANYONE can be called loony for no other reason that they disagree or have a differing opinion.
    No, you'd be denied if you have a diagnosed mental illness that could cause you to do something you shouldn't.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

A interview with one of the students in the hospital from the VA Tech shooting.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...fic_Experience

No, you'd be denied if you have a diagnosed mental illness that could cause you to do something you shouldn't.

Reply]
    What if my mental illness is Derettes? Can I have a gun then? I probably won't shoot anyone, but I'd yell and swear about it uncontrollably!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    So it's desensitization, then? So many Africans die that it's no longer a big deal, but seldom do killers kill 32 people on American soil in one shot, so that's why it's a big deal?

Like Iraq bombings, it happens every day, so it's no longer news, it's just the status quo, is that it?
    GO **** YOURSELF, YOU PIECE OF ****.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Did neil get the boot....???

Seems very still around here.

On the other side of the world, mayor in Japan got shot, Japan has hardcore gun control laws, but as most with a brain already know....laws do not stop a criminal from not giving a cr@p.

Oddly the mayor before him was stabbed to death I believe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070417/..._shooting_dc_4
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 04-18-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    Actually, probably the only people that I've ever been around that didn't seem to be so hung up so on race are white Americans, or maybe white Europeans (excluding the British).

Everybody else mentions race or nationality a LOT more in conversations, especially blacks.

But one thing that I didn't know is that Indians (from India) have a caste system and are extremely racist, if you will, among people of differing castes, lighter colored Brahmins having the highest social status.

Even the British have a caste system depending upon background, accent, etc.
    OH, SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

The newes is saying the Killer left a Manifesto, video and pictures. I may be wrong, but it looks like he mailed them to the TV news right before he started killing...
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

This guys father should of been kicked in the sack for posting bond for this little turd. Having the police take time away from urgent matters to handle this pantywaist and his antics is garbage.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...27/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    who says no one is interested in African politics? i for one am. i think one reason people dont speak on it is fair of being labeled racist even when speaking truths, and 2, because the situation is so **** confounding and seemingly complex to an outsider. like me for 1.

i understand the role of unscrupulous corporations and the after effects of European imperialism as the cause of alot of the ills there. you also can't deny that Africans have caught a raw deal in the grand scheme of things. International indifference being just one. but are you basically saying the problems in Africa can for the most be blamed simply on tribalism? thats very disheartening. corrupt governments really aren't to blame? who exactly is pulling the strings there?

you probably should start a new thread by the way, as to not derail this one too much. respect for the dead and all......
    Why are we the only ones saying this?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    The newes is saying the Killer left a Manifesto, video and pictures. I may be wrong, but it looks like he mailed them to the TV news right before he started killing...

It's all here - http://www.msn.com/.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Did neil get the boot....???

Seems very still around here.

On the other side of the world, mayor in Japan got shot, Japan has hardcore gun control laws, but as most with a brain already know....laws do not stop a criminal from not giving a cr@p.

Oddly the mayor before him was stabbed to death I believe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070417/..._shooting_dc_4
    No, because unlike you guys I'm not attacking you personally, and I've been bringing up valid points on this thread -- why are you guys getting so mad, anyways?

170 died in Iraq today, yet that only got one line on cnn.com whereas the 32 people in VA got at least 20 related links.

178 died in Iraq...

For the Women:

+ = & a