Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

BTW they posted some results on some study a while back.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17186270/

[QUOTE=neilhytholt;755389]No, because unlike you guys I'm not attacking you personally, and I've been bringing up valid points on this thread -- why are you guys getting so mad, anyways?

Because you're a HIJACKER who has NO RESPECT for those of us trying to compartmentalize what we most recently have to deal with.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    No, because unlike you guys I'm not attacking you personally, and I've been bringing up valid points on this thread -- why are you guys getting so mad, anyways?

Because you're a HIJACKER who has NO RESPECT for those of us trying to compartmentalize what we most recently have to deal with.
    Yeah, whatever. Let's all have a crisis support group, shall we? ??? 32 people died ... the question you should ask yourself is why do you care for those 32 more than 18,000 kids per day dying in Africa?

BTW, seems like the guy had some serious issues, did you see this one?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/virginia_...5sWx4NfhWs0NUE
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-18-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    No, you'd be denied if you have a diagnosed mental illness that could cause you to do something you shouldn't.

Reply]
    What if my mental illness is Derettes? Can I have a gun then? I probably won't shoot anyone, but I'd yell and swear about it uncontrollably!
    Kind of like what you do about your dealings with women.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Seriously, guys, why the big fuss over this thing? 178 people died in Iraq today, over 100 in car accidents in the U.S., your chances of dying in a car accident are far worse than dying of a shooter like this.

So is it fear? Is that why you're upset?

Is it because of the crazy guy? Is that why?

Why are you in such a big fuss about these 32 people when so many others are dying? It's not exactly rational, is it?

No, it's not rational.

I don't care if it's rational. I know someone who was lost in V Tech, I want respect for the dead there. I got a call from a very close friend in tears monday night, wailing at the death of that girl. That's emotional. This is about emotion. Stop trying to judge us and tell us our morality is skewed. Don't forget what it is to be human. Rationality, emotion, spirit, all of it.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I ask, it's because a disturbing trend has been popping up recently, like where people I've run into at work for example, obsess over stupid details, like the format of a report, while completely ignoring huge details, such as making sure the server environment for production is completed.

Or obsessing over the amount of money their daughter is spending on the cell phone bill, the fact that it's $12 more than last month, while they have maxed out their credit cards completely and are paying like 25% interest when they could get a loan from the bank for that debt at 7%.

No, because unlike you guys I'm not attacking you personally, and I've been bringing up valid points on this thread -- why are you guys getting so mad, anyways?

170 died in Iraq today, yet that only got one line on cnn.com whereas the 32 people in VA got at least 20 related links.

Not that it makes it any less trajic but Iraq is AT WAR! Your "points" are anything but valid, they are stupid opinions shared for shock value.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Not that it makes it any less trajic but Iraq is AT WAR! Your "points" are anything but valid, they are stupid opinions shared for shock value.
    Actually, no, it's not shock value, because if you can't solve the big issues facing humanity, then the entire race is doomed.

If you worry more about 32 people than 18,000 then that's pretty messed up. But it's extremely obvious from your responses that you do indeed worry more about these 32 people than 18,000 per day. Which is extremely sad, isn't it?

Seriously, guys, why the big fuss over this thing? 178 people died in Iraq today, over 100 in car accidents in the U.S., your chances of dying in a car accident are far worse than dying of a shooter like this.

So is it fear? Is that why you're upset?

Is it because of the crazy guy? Is that why?

Why are you in such a big fuss about these 32 people when so many others are dying? It's not exactly rational, is it?

You've said essentially the SAME EXACT THING in ALMOST THE SAME EXACT WORDS in almost EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD.

32, 100, 18,000 blah blah blah STFU and SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

(please)
    Last edited by tug; 04-18-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    I don't care if it's rational. I know someone who was lost in V Tech, I want respect for the dead there. I got a call from a very close friend in tears monday night, wailing at the death of that girl. That's emotional. This is about emotion. Stop trying to judge us and tell us our morality is skewed. Don't forget what it is to be human. Rationality, emotion, spirit, all of it.

And THAT's what this thread was originally intended for (11 pgs ago).

I feel you SS...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

You've said essentially the SAME EXACT THING in ALMOST THE SAME EXACT WORDS in almost EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD.

32, 100, 18,000 blah blah blah STFU and SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

(please)
    Okay, how about this? You guys seem to be totally messed in the head because you're obsessing over these 32 people rather than all the other people who are dying.

They have it pasted all over the news channels, and are totally ignoring everything else going on, which is totally whacked.

Is that meaningful? I mean, who the hell cares about 32 VA tech students when 18,000 kids are dying a day and you don't worry about that?

Bottom line is you guys seem totally mental.

And THAT's what this thread was originally intended for (11 pgs ago).

I feel you SS...
    Thanks bro. I haven't been hearing that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Thanks bro. I haven't been hearing that a lot.
    Well, if you know somebody that's different, then it's personal for you. But I've been getting calls all day on the phone from whacked relatives over this thing who don't know anybody and are thinking of taking their kids out of school.

Because they have empathy, Neil, and they fear for their children. That's not whack, that's people who are hurt and need help with their emotions. They don't need to justify their emotions, they need people to console them.