Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    IL ... you're not even in VA and letting yourself get all emotional over these people. This just shows the news media has made you into sheeple.]
    If these people are have been mislead by the media, you have been mislead by your Self.
    Last edited by SaintSage; 04-18-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: bad html

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I read that a 70 some year old professor from romania tried to jam the door and saved 20 students.

he was shot in the process.

he spent time in a nazi concentration camp during ww ii.

--

a hero. a humanist, a shepard.

--

My past high school teacher is Jewish and this really hit her hard. He wasn't the only one who did heroic things either, it's really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    The fact that I'm not in VA has absolutely nothing to do with the way I'm reacting, AND it also has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with the media coverage.
    Listen, tugjob, did you ever stop to think for 2 seconds why you're so emotional about this? When there are so many people dying all around the world?

The media has nothing to do with it? Really? If the media spammed as many images of starving and dying African children as it did this, do you really think it wouldn't have an impact on you?

???

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    If these people are have been mislead by the media, you have been mislead by your Self.
    The way this hysteria is going, wouldn't be surprised if there are some lynchings soon ...

All they could talk about on like 4 channels was the fact that he wrote 'disturbing' stories. Pretty soon they'll probably outlaw any kind of disturbing story.

(Although that doesn't really seem to stop the movies).

Hey, anybody think his invective and subsequent attacks were strangely reminiscent of the carnage of John Woo movies? Perhaps Asian cinema had something to do with this after all.

The way this hysteria is going, wouldn't be surprised if there are some lynchings soon ...

All they could talk about on like 4 channels was the fact that he wrote 'disturbing' stories. Pretty soon they'll probably outlaw any kind of disturbing story.

(Although that doesn't really seem to stop the movies).

Hey, anybody think his invective and subsequent attacks were strangely reminiscent of the carnage of John Woo movies? Perhaps Asian cinema had something to do with this after all.
    You're avoiding my point. YOU are starting to sound a little crazy...

Listen, tugjob, did you ever stop to think for 2 seconds why you're so emotional about this? When there are so many people dying all around the world?

The media has nothing to do with it? Really? If the media spammed as many images of starving and dying African children as it did this, do you really think it wouldn't have an impact on you?

???

Don't even think to ask me why I have responded like I did. You don't know me and I don't know you, and most of us here don't know each other beyond our posts. You have NO idea what I have been through or where I have hung my hat, so... Before you reply, you should READ. What I said was the media has nothing to do with my reaction, which is 180 degrees different from what you just said.

AND I might agree, if the media DID have something to do with it/had an affect on my emotions, it probably would have an impact on me.

Either way, STFU.

Make some sense, man.
    Last edited by tug; 04-18-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Addition
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I read that a 70 some year old professor from romania tried to jam the door and saved 20 students.

he was shot in the process.

he spent time in a nazi concentration camp during ww ii.

--

a hero. a humanist, a shepard.

--

Yes, SPJ - "There were stories of heroism. Students of Liviu Librescu, an engineering science and mechanics lecturer, say he blocked the door of his classroom with his body to protect those inside. Librescu, 76, was a Holocaust survivor."

*REMEMBER AND RESPECT*

Others would have died had it not been for his actions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

He's got no heart dood.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

He's got no heart dood.
    Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense why you and the media are hyping up the deaths of 32 people when 18,000 children die every day in Africa.

You are totally ignoring 6 million people dying in an extremely horrible, painful way every year.

Here's 32 well fed, well cared for people dying in their prime. Compared to 6 million poor children spending sometimes years in suffering without food, and then dying painful deaths, that's hardly a tragedy in comparison, yet it's getting a TON of media attention.

In short, it makes no sense at all.

C'mon Kneel, whaddaya got??????
    Last edited by tug; 04-18-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Blah
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

32 vs. 6 million ... Is not being so worried about 32 people when 6 million kids are dying every year from starvation crazy? Or are you total lunatics?

Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense why you and the media are hyping up the deaths of 32 people when 18,000 children die every day in Africa.

You are totally ignoring 6 million people dying in an extremely horrible, painful way every year.

Here's 32 well fed, well cared for people dying in their prime. Compared to 6 million poor children spending sometimes years in suffering without food, and then dying painful deaths, that's hardly a tragedy in comparison, yet it's getting a TON of media attention.

In short, it makes no sense at all.
    There's no "HYPING" here, you F@CK!

And NO ONE is ignoring your 6 million!

Just get with the program man! This is TODAY, this is NOW. That's how we deal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

how is sumone expected to mourn the lives of people worlds away if they can't do the same for those at home? its like mourning for a complete stranger but not grieving over the death of your mother. that wouldn't be right in the least.

it atleast shows that if people have the capacity to mourn the dead here and now in our own country, then maybe sometime in the future it will transfer over to those other people.

all the needlessly dead should be grieved over Neil. you shouldn't pick and chose or value the life of one versus another. if you have compassion for one group of people and not the other, then what is your compassion really worth? doesn't it sort of get canceled out? your act of compassion becomes meaningless in my opinion when you show apathy towards the suffering of others.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There's no "HYPING" here, you F@CK!

And NO ONE is ignoring your 6 million!

Just get with the program man! This is TODAY, this is NOW. That's how we deal.
    Just say it:

"Yes, it is a huge mistake for the world's richest country, the one most influential in world politics, where over 60% of the adult population is overweight, to have 5 or more of its largest news channels at once covering the deaths of 32 people for days, when there are 18 thousand poor starving children dying every day.."

Just say it. ADMIT IT.

That's all I'm asking here is you to recognize the extreme stupidity of this, and that 32 people dying just isn't newsworthy compared to 18 thousand kids or 6 million per year starving to death.

That's all. Just admit it.

http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0...-hunger-e.html
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-18-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    all the needlessly dead should be grieved over Neil. you shouldn't pick and chose or value the life of one versus another. if you have compassion for one group of people and not the other, then what is your compassion really worth? doesn't it sort of get canceled out? your act of compassion becomes meaningless in my opinion when you show apathy towards the suffering of others.
    The point is, the 6 million kids starving every year is something YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT.

Tomorrow another 18 thousand will die.

They aren't dead yet, they will die tomorrow. If people got off their asses they could go feed them. Or pass out condoms. Or something.

There ain't nothing you can do about the people dead in VA.

In other words, we're spending billions on an Iraq war when that $ could go to help a lot of poor starving people around the world. We're the fattest country in the world when 6 million kids per year are starving.

Meantime, they hardly talk about it. Instead, they hype Anna Nicole Smith and these 32 people dying in VA.

Get it? It's pretty simple.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-18-2007 at 10:12 PM.