Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    32 vs. 6 million ... Is not being so worried about 32 people when 6 million kids are dying every year from starvation crazy? Or are you total lunatics?
    Yet still you avoid the idea that you may be blinded by your ego. I'm not even mad anymore, it's just kind of sad. I shouldn'th ave argued with you, my passions clouded my judgement, I'm sorry to everyone for continuing this kind of talk. It was exactly what I was trying not to do earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Yet still you avoid the idea that you may be blinded by your ego. I'm not even mad anymore, it's just kind of sad. I shouldn'th ave argued with you, my passions clouded my judgement, I'm sorry to everyone for continuing this kind of talk. It was exactly what I was trying not to do earlier.
    Dude, it's just that the day this story broke, I got on CNN.com, and there was like 4 pages of headlines about the 32 people dying.

Then, on one little line underneath, there was this news story about 18 thousand kids per day dying of starvation. I had no idea there were that many kids dying every day.

The extreme stupidity of us hyping this story of the VA tech shootings, when 6 million kids are dying every year of starvation, is just absolutely stupid. 32 people just isn't as newsworthy at all as 6 million.

Then when I got on here to say that, everybody attacked me and said I was stupid.

Just admit it. Admit that it's stupid, that's all. What does ego have to do with it?

Anyways, I'm done with this topic. It's pretty obvious that 32 dead VA tech students are more important to the U.S. than 6 million kids dying of starvation every year.

Just say it:

"Yes, it is a huge mistake for the world's richest country, the one most influential in world politics, where over 60% of the adult population is overweight, to have 5 or more of its largest news channels at once covering the deaths of 32 people for days, when there are 18 thousand poor starving children dying every day.."

Just say it. ADMIT IT.

That's all I'm asking here is you to recognize the extreme stupidity of this, and that 32 people dying just isn't newsworthy compared to 18 thousand kids or 6 million per year starving to death.

That's all. Just admit it.

http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0...-hunger-e.html
    ?Fine?!!

And all we are asking is that you give respect where respect is due.

How the f*** can you ask me to "admit" newsworthyness when you can't do the same?

AGAIN - PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

You are simply the victim of your own selfishness.

I am ONE and you are NONE.

That alone should trigger some sort of intestinal response, yet it seems that you have none, so...

Unfortunately, I must revert to my previously posted addended repostings and tell you to STFU.

I'm sorry, I really am, but you give me NO choice.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense why you and the media are hyping up the deaths of 32 people when 18,000 children die every day in Africa.

You are totally ignoring 6 million people dying in an extremely horrible, painful way every year.

Here's 32 well fed, well cared for people dying in their prime. Compared to 6 million poor children spending sometimes years in suffering without food, and then dying painful deaths, that's hardly a tragedy in comparison, yet it's getting a TON of media attention.

In short, it makes no sense at all.
    you seem more concerned about a self-righteous cause to make yourself feel somehow superior to everyone else, instead of having genuinely blind compassionate concern for your fellow human being. it seems like nowadays even acts of supposed compassion are motivated by ulterior motives, namely for PR and just plain ego-stroking. its like the celebrity who gives an easily affordable sum of money to a flavor of the month charity, and then holds a giant press conference to brag about it. "look at me! im more caring than the rest of you!"

if you were truly as compassionate as you say you are then why would the fact that the victims were well fed college students matter in the least? why would that de-value their pain and suffering? why should their deaths be ignored when they lived in the conditions that every human being on earth should rightfully exist in? you seem to forget the ultimate goal in trying to help the poor in Africa and elsewhere. its so that they eventually have the same standards of living and opportunities that those young Virginia Tech students had.

but you touting the poverty of Africans seems to have less to do with them and more to do with the "more compassionate than thou" attitude that seems to be in vogue nowadays. you have people running from one cause of the month to the next cause of the month. from one protest to the next without actually accomplishing anything or in any way helping the people whose suffering they always seemed to be concerned about. feeling bad for sumone and whining to everyone in earshot about it does absolutely nothing. but yet these "concerned individuals" turn a blind eye to whats right in front of them. stepping over the beggar in the street in order to run to the next rally so that they can scream about all the injustices in the world.

theres an old Hindu belief that charity should be done in silence and anonymity, and that your act of kindness becomes meaningful if you do it for monetary rewards or approval seeking or even a verbal pat on the back because you wanna come off as a caring individual.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

The point is, the 6 million kids starving every year is something YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT.

Tomorrow another 18 thousand will die.

They aren't dead yet, they will die tomorrow. If people got off their asses they could go feed them. Or pass out condoms. Or something.

There ain't nothing you can do about the people dead in VA.

In other words, we're spending billions on an Iraq war when that $ could go to help a lot of poor starving people around the world. We're the fattest country in the world when 6 million kids per year are starving.

Meantime, they hardly talk about it. Instead, they hype Anna Nicole Smith and these 32 people dying in VA.

Get it? It's pretty simple.
    why aren't you in Africa now handing out condoms and feeding malnourished babies? you can only account for yourself. instead of telling us what we should be doing, lead by example. thats the most powerful statement you can make. complaining about it doesn't help. certainly trying to overshadow the deaths of 32 people doesn't help your cause in the least. you fail to realize people are agreeing with you for the most part. but dont try to say the deaths in VA are meaningless and un-newsworthy. they dont seem to be for anyone but you. being concerned for the deaths of one group of people doesn't have to be to the exclusion of another.

now stop being a wanker already. its distasteful to be trolling on such a serious subject even for you neil.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

It's also a Christian idea.

Matthew 6:2-4

So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

yep. no one has a monopoly on a good idea.

logically the act of compassion stops being for their benefit.
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 04-18-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Neil, how the **** you can go on and on about empathy for kids in Africa and in the same breath **** all over the feelings of people who are empathising in the Virginia case in a most unempathetic way is beyond me.

Empathy is empathy, are you trying to tell people who they should be empathetic to/for? It's a feeling: you feel it. **** off this thread you fool.

But wait, take this with you too: then you say you were unaware that so many people were dying in Africa (how the **** you could be unaware of that I do not know) and in the same newfound breath lecture how other people should do something about it, you self-righteous dozy over-priveleged twat. Start another thread on the kids in Africa and we'll happily come over there and rip you a new one about that too.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

neilhytholt

If you aren't seeking some kind of attention then why don't you realize noone here agrees with you and go to some other thread? You keep on posting your "my cause is holier than thous cause" posts and you are not reeling anyone in. Please, just shut up (on this issue)
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    No, you'd be denied if you have a diagnosed mental illness that could cause you to do something you shouldn't.

Reply]
    What if my mental illness is Derettes? Can I have a gun then? I probably won't shoot anyone, but I'd yell and swear about it uncontrollably!
    Turns out if the judge had him committed to a mental institution then he could not have bought a gun. But since the judge had him go to out patient it didn't go on his record.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    what is the government gonna do? they can't put a ban on all weapons,
    they can

and put metal detectors at the gates

a la south central

or here's an idea

since i do accept that it would be incredibly difficult to outlaw fire arms in america

how about they limit gun sales to

a) registered hunters

b) people who have left college/university

c) house owners

d) the retired

?????
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I once talked to a woman who said she was bipolar and when she would go manic she would give away all her clothes and money to strangers and sleep with a lot of random guys.
    adress ? phone number ?

LOL
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    adress ? phone number ?

LOL
    Now that's a great reply!
    Bless you