Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: those ufc/pride fanboys getting on my nerves

those ufc/pride fanboys getting on my nerves

Why is it that those arse-lickers specially the ones that still wetting their knickers have to put their typical UFC tears any martial artist apart speeches in the comment boxes?
    Dont they have anything better to do? who cares that they sit in front of the telly wanking away over the latest ufc show..Im sick and tired over all that ufc/mma beats everything shyte.. I respect mma as any other martial art but whats wrong with some of their egos ? Its not my fault that they need a round of applause to sleep better...HEY,GREAT U PRACTISE BJJ,MMA OR WHATEVER!! THATS SO GREAT I ALMOST MOIST MYSELF

ps.dont take it too serious..just being ****ed off over some stupid comments on youtube...

My friend does the music inbetween the fights at the UFC events. I have had the privilege of watching some of the fights in the production booth. Now I enjoy watching the UFC and have met some of the fighters. All the fighters I met were pretty cool mellow dudes. However most of the fans were complete J@ckasses and were walking around posturing with their team shirts on. Sizeing each other up, etc.
    It seems to me at least, that some of the mma events such as UFC attract a caliber of crowd not too unlike the Pro Wrestling crowd.
    One event last year, It was Tito Ortiz vs. Forest Griffin. It was a close fight but the Judges gave Tito the decision. Now some Tito nuthuggers before the decision thought for some reason they had to justify their existence and proclaim that Tito was the winner and wanted validation from me and my friend who were hunched over the monitors, Laptops, etc. They came towards the production area(up in the rafters) in their beer fueled stupor they spittled expletive after F@cking expletive that"Tito won right? Tito won right?". We kinda of looked at them, ignored them, then blew them off. They were like ''your the internet dudes right?, so Tito won right?'' I said'' yeah, yeah sure''. The announcer called the winner, the crowd went nuts and the two fans went home, donned their marble sacks and spooned each other while watching Tito on the hightlight reels.
    It was ridiculous.......the ''internet dudes" WTF?
    So yeah Lau kar bo. I understand you venting dude.

Ignorance is bliss. At the gym I work out at there is a heavy bag and speed bag in the corner. This is a regular gym, not a boxing gym, and often when I'm doing bag work I will have people come up to me and ask what I study. Two examples come to my mind. One younger guy came up to me and asked if I "fought like those UFC guys", at which point I answered, yes, I train striking and submission grappling. His response was, "good, because boxers suck and any one with any kind of grappling skill can beat a boxer". Another gem of a comment came from another younger guy, who asked if I competed. This was recently and I told him I was training for a San Shou competition. He looked puzzled and asked, what's that? I told him basically it is kickboxing with throws and takedowns. His response, "oh, you mean that UFC crap, those guys suck, any good street fighter could beat those guys". The point is there will always be stupid people with ignorant opinions on things they know jack s*it about. When I asked both of these geniuses what they had trained in, neither had any real training. So take it with a grain of salt.

I can't stand a lot of MMA fans, fighters on the other hand work hard, have a good work ethic, have probably had their ego crushed at one point or another. I practice BJJ, but I understand what you're saying.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I can't stand a lot of MMA fans, fighters on the other hand work hard, have a good work ethic, have probably had their ego crushed at one point or another. I practice BJJ, but I understand what you're saying.
    That's pretty much the general consensus with the guys I train with. It's one thing when two guys who put the work in are discussing/arguing the why's and wherefors of a fight. But whenever I hear people on either side nutriding, I get p!ssed. But then I remember! I was an idiot too (still am, by most accounts), when I started training, and it wasn't till I'd taken a few licks that I understood about ego and all that.

Think about it like 10 year olds arguing religion. You might get angry, but in the end, it's really kinda cute to see two people who have no understanding of their own arguement going at it.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

typically, it's not the fighters who have ego problems
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Every group has their fanboys... Look at all the crap the kungfu fanboys give karate, tae kwon do, and contemporary wushu. Traditional kungfu fanboys talk as much crap as anyone

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Every group has their fanboys... Look at all the crap the kungfu fanboys give karate, tae kwon do, and contemporary wushu. Traditional kungfu fanboys talk as much crap as anyone

Look at the Bruce Lee fans.

I'm not a fan of any fans...

...except for fans of the mag. They're ok.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

gene did you get a little talking to today about a slump in sales? two posts in a row both links to www.martialartsmart.com

just curious

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    gene did you get a little talking to today about a slump in sales? two posts in a row both links to www.martialartsmart.com

just curious
    He should be banned for spamming the boards.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Why...?

Sigh... The more I hear about the UFC vs "real" martial arts the more I get annoyed. People need to understand. Any Kung Fu artist here knows that you should never speak badly of another form of fighting. Just because it is not yours does not mean it is bad.
    UFC is a form of fighting. It is a sport with rules and everyone needs to realize there is no reason to compare and say this is better or that is because both are situational.

My SiFu would never say a bad thing about any form of fighting. He would say respect them all. As i'm sure yours would.
    So relax, enjoy your forms and continue to train!

the post was not against mmaers it was agsint the fans of it. i think.

part of what i notice with fans of anything is all they are looking for is something to identify with. like when your favorite sports team wins and you are like "we won" but what we? you weren't out there playing. i am the same way with foot ball (Go Eagles!) also studies show that testosterone levels tend to rise in men when they watch sporting events especially if it is a close matchup.

this is most likely true with fighting. aggression increases among the fans due to increased levels of testosterone. they want to be tough because their fighter just won and through their identifying with the fighter the have vicariously won as well. that makes them tough. i would love to do research in the feild of aggression. maybe i'll do my graduate work in a related branch of psych.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    the post was not against mmaers it was agsint the fans of it. i think.

part of what i notice with fans of anything is all they are looking for is something to identify with. like when your favorite sports team wins and you are like "we won" but what we? you weren't out there playing. i am the same way with foot ball (Go Eagles!) also studies show that testosterone levels tend to rise in men when they watch sporting events especially if it is a close matchup.

this is most likely true with fighting. aggression increases among the fans due to increased levels of testosterone. they want to be tough because their fighter just won and through their identifying with the fighter the have vicariously won as well. that makes them tough. i would love to do research in the feild of aggression. maybe i'll do my graduate work in a related branch of psych.
    The only reason my test levels ever rose from watching the Eagles was because of how ****ed off I'd get.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Okay,many good replies ...

Now something nice happened..

It started that some kid made some real bad comments about my sihing ..in a clip which shows mostly bits of forms ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5RyZ6UlL4#GU5U2spHI_4 )
    anyway I replied to him in not the nicest way.. well,weexchanged some messages but already my second message was more informative and educational..then I blocked him cos his replies were always the same..

He didnt see the other clip of my sihing which focus more on conditioning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJz0hqWviA

But today I recieved a message in youtube,the person says he is the father and appologized for the rude behaviour of his son...he said he deleted his sons account..who knows maybe its not the father but the same person ..

AND NO my post was not against mma it was against the behaviour of some of the fans