Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: how do you cope with breakup(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Yeah a friend of mine's girlfriend cheated on him. He laquered photos of her giving him head onto her Church's Front door with Naval Shellac. They had to replace the door to get the photos down, or so I'm told.

Ooohhhhh that's a good one. Must take a note of that one.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    so you have someone to share common interests and life with:

somehow, it did not work out.

how do you cope?

I ask my neice, very nicely, not to e-mail me constantly about it - I'll call here when I get home from work.

I love her, and I love being the younger, favorite aunt, but if I here one more sob storry over some guy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

i'd fix it all with a knife.

id fix it all.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    A Fifth of Jack Daniels
    Two Hookers
    and a Vicodin.

Word (although I would amend that to a 5th of JD, a dimebag and a pack of Marlboros)

But seriously, all you need is time...

Time to deal, time to heal.
    Last edited by tug; 04-18-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Amendment
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    so you have someone to share common interests and life with:

somehow, it did not work out.

how do you cope?

It helps when they're divorcing you and trying to take your kids and your $$$.

It tends to give you less time to worry about things when you're in the middle of fighting for custody and trying to keep her from taking your assets.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    It helps when they're divorcing you and trying to take your kids and your $$$.

It tends to give you less time to worry about things when you're in the middle of fighting for custody and trying to keep her from taking your assets.
    STFU you POS!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Have Gene Ching kick you in the sack.

When I finally got kicked to the curb by my first big love I went out and bought a candy apple red guitar to celebrate. I still have and play that guitar. Life is good.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Have Gene Ching kick you in the sack.

When I finally got kicked to the curb by my first big love I went out and bought a candy apple red guitar to celebrate. I still have and play that guitar. Life is good.

Word.

Allow yourself to re-introduce yourself to yourself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    a phoenix crashes and burns and is reborn from the ashes. You are the phoenix.
    Work on yourself. Start running every morning,adding sprints. Do the Body For Life total transformation. Buy some nice clothes for yourself, and a bottle of your fave cologne. Splurge. You deserve it. By summer, you will be awesome.
    Re-connect with friends that fell by the wayside when she took over your life.
    Move on. Another chapter in your life.
    Of course, there is also adultfriendfinder,fling,bootycall, and such to fill in the gaps....

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=45906

heres how one young south korean immigrant dealt with it the other day
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

24 hour rule. give your self 24 hours to completly immerse yourself in your sadness, regret, anger whatever after 24 hours slap a smile on your face and go about your business.

if its a really long relationship than i say you go through all the seasons single. one full year. in that time redefine who you are as a single person. get new clothes, a new workout, new hobbies a few new friends. no matter what don't contact the ex. just try to have as much fun as you can and embrace the freedom of only being responsible for yourself and having little to no accountability for the dumb **** you want to do.

(unless there are kids involved in which case i have no advice)

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=45906

heres how one young south korean immigrant dealt with it the other day
    live and let live. mensch.

sometimes, we have to break up the old, so that we may build something new.

--

long hours of physical exertion coupled with mental reflection.

To me, when in the past i have gone through a break up, often times i am emotionally over it very fast. The total change in my life and the void that seems to be left is what gets me. (really depends on the severity of the relationship) Once life re adjusts to being without that person there, the poor mood is completely gone.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Recognize your emotions for what they are - delusion and attachment. Breath. Move on. Enjoy.

I have to admit that best thing I ever got out of the whole martial arts thing was a good healthy sense of detachment. Learning to recognize the nature of the mind and the ability to stay calm in any kind of storm.

Coming from some fairly high-strung (in a non-annoying way) genetic stock, this was a true blessing. When I was really young, I'd get all torn up. Until about my Junior year in HS, I realized my perspective was totally stupid. Somewhere by my mid-twenties my free-fighting mindset crossed over to my daily life.

This is perhaps the best value of a combat sport and a good coach. You can do combat sports without acheiving this, but training with people who get the psychology of it all - it's priceless, man.

Being detached has also helped by making my choices good. I'm the happiest married guy I know - because my resoning for choosing the relationship were based on objective factors - not any fleeting delusions.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!