Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: how do you cope with breakup(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    I have to admit that best thing I ever got out of the whole martial arts thing was a good healthy sense of detachment. Learning to recognize the nature of the mind and the ability to stay calm in any kind of storm.
    Nicely put. But sometimes the ability to not freek out makes others uncomfortable... I was once told that I can't be taking my job seriously because nothing, even a bum-chewing from the big boss, makes me loose my cool unless I'm sick or something.

... Was told much the same thing by every one of my exes... I guess a woman who doesn't bawl like a 2-year-old at a well earned speeding ticket is freekish?

Dunno. I just stay single and happy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Single & Free - spent a good part of my adult life like that. I dated a lot, but simply did not see the advantage to 'getting involved' with women who were not suitable for a real long-term thing. I was so happy as a single guy that some of my friends didn't show at my wedding, thinking it was a joke!

Oh well.

Detachment is a powerful tool. The other opton just seems to be living as a victim to random thoughts and chermical secretions.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Becca,
    What I find really funny is that most men find most women 'crazy' - and when I look at most men objectively - well they are crazy too. It's hard to find a rationale person who agrees with your own craziness

In order to adapt to the need for women to randomly bust out crying, I suggest you practice just bawling like a nutter at random, inconsequential events. It might not improve others reaction to you, but at least you can have fun watching them react to you...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    In order to adapt to the need for women to randomly bust out crying, I suggest you practice just bawling like a nutter at random, inconsequential events. It might not improve others reaction to you, but at least you can have fun watching them react to you...
    rotflmao!!!! Sounds like something I might actually do....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

sing your feelings out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Lnl...elated&search=

strings of love songs from 1990's till present.

The gift that keeps on giving. Last year I found a recent picture of the girl that dumped me, and she was pasty and looked all of her 41 years. Meanwhile Mrs. Rogue is the same age but looks to be in her early to mid 30's, has wash board abs and a very sweet figure. Life is really, really good.

So if one dumps you keep your eyes out for that next girl.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

WATCH DEPRESSIVE MOVIES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL17H...elated&search=

there is some one out there worse than you.

we do not feel that bad any more.

Seka Chu.

world crying/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fu4iH95Ig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnraf...elated&search=

Last edited by SPJ; 04-22-2007 at 10:02 AM.

the movie link is a very sad one.

my sis insisted on me to watch and speak from the heart.

since a little kid, I tended to be overanalytical of things, thus I tend to be detached, emotionless, feelingless, senseless etc.

I promised my sister that I would watch the movie and speak from the heart.

true love:

1. a promise kept. the boy saku taro and the girl aki are high school sweet hearts. unfortunately, aki had leukemia. they communicated via audio tapes. from introducing each other, what they like and dun like, -- to date, --- all the way to the last tape.
    when they promised each other something, they would do them. the last promise being a visit to ururu or high ground in australia where the natives believe to be holy ground and the center of the world.

2. be grateful for being able to support each other and keep each other company. in the last tape, aki said thank you for all the days and events that saku kept her company till the very end.

3. wanting to be remembered. at first. aki knew she would soon be gone. she wanted a wedding picture to be remembered by. aki smiled in the picture. saku was sad and did not smile.

4. letting things go. in the last tape, in contrast to the wedding pic, aki wanted saku to spread her ashes over the ururu high ground and finish the promise or last wish. aki wanted saku to move on with his life after that.

5. wanting whatever the best for him or her.

--

ritsuko was sending the last audio tape and hit by a car, became crippled. --

the last audio tape was not delivered till much later.

--

a closure for 3 of them.

--

Last edited by SPJ; 04-21-2007 at 10:45 PM.

drink a lot, screw hookers and snort lines of blow off their ass.

once you get bored of that, straighten out and get back to life.

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

tough one, i never plan to put myself in the position of a breakup....

but if I got ditched by my girl for no reason.....**** i dont know what i'd do

i bet this helped in no way at all

craig

I don't know what all the moaning and fussing is all about. You're martial artists, and it's time to begin acting like martial artists. After all, this isn't a marital arts forum.

I have come across so many fit birds in my sojourns and adventures, I honestly don't know how you guys could have problems with breakups. Just look for opportunities to render justice, and women tend to follow in the wake.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    drink a lot, screw hookers and snort lines of blow off their ass.

once you get bored of that, straighten out and get back to life.

lol
    who would ever get bored of that ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Break up.

Let yourself feel whatever joy, anger or frustration ensues, never hide from your feelings.

Burn that emotion up like lump of coal.

After it passes, rest and learn from the xperience.

Move on.

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi