Thread: Budo Dojo?

Sochin Guest

Budo Dojo?

Hi,

I was trying to find a site for the old Budo Dojo magazine and I ended up with Kung Fu Magazine - I guess both were part of TC Media?

I'm actually looking for info about copyright but I found a new forum - great ! - instead.
    If any TCMedia types a re here, let me know, OK?+

http://pacificcoast.net/~ttruscott]The Fighting Old ManĂ¼

GeneChing Guest

Budo Dojo

Budo Dojo was published quarterly from 1993 to 1996 by TC Media. It focused upon Japanese fighting arts. All of the back issues are still available through MartailArtsMart.com. Just click the ad banner following the links to magazines.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & kungfumagazine.com

Sochin Guest

Thank you....

Thank you for your prompt reply, geneching,

I would like to fill out my collection all right - they were an excellent magazine...

but what I really want is to post some articles from Budo Dojo on a message forum like this for the edification of our organization.

Therefore I want to enqire of someone about copyright and how to get permission to post these essays.

Can you direct me to the person in charge of such things?

Sochin Guest

Does no interest imply permission?

I guess if no one is interested in steering me right here, I may as well just go for it...

I tried.

GeneChing Guest

sorry so tardy

Hi Sochin,
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. We had some problems with our DSL connection (figures, right after our launch - at least it was after!) So it's been a week of putting out fires for me - like always! You can email me personally and we can discuss permission for copyright. Generally, it's no problem as long as it's credited and linked to us - but we do reserve the right to examine your site first. Also, if you getting a lot of traffic, you should look into becoming an affiliate of MartialArtsMart.com - it can provide some income support for your site.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & kungfumagazine.com

Sochin Guest

Thank you for your reply..

and now I feel a little sheepish for being pushy, please excuse me.

I'll take this to e-mail,

Tedp