Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: I hate running...

Nope, never heard of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Gotcha! thanks ^.^
    Mark

been a long time since I posted, so....

pretty much quit training formally. Wrestling coach has been training for his first true MMA match (this Saterday at ROF 31) so I haven't been meeting with him since the seminar back in September. Got pizzed off one too many times in kung fu being told to watch my control for hitting dead on but with some heat... then getting my neck wrenched my class mates who were using no controll and mussing up the techniques. The straw that broke the camel's back, though, was being told I could pay to learn the rest of the sword form I'd already paid to learn at summer camp. (My son and I were the only 2 who didn't get the same amount as every one else at summer camp because I came a day late.) As they say, "my way or the high way." So I left. Not going to join another school till I get that contract paid off.

So..... just training on my own. I got started just doing some general calistenics after work while the dogs do thier thing in the back yard - jumping jacks, wind mills, jump rope, squat jumps, ect. It's only for about 15 minutes; just enough to get a bit warm. I have also been doing this any time I take to dogs out. Still doing the shoots and stance training while walking the pups, too. I have also more or less cohersed myself onto a very strict diet of 1,700-1,800 calories a day, wich sucks. But since I am not trying to keep up in a group class, now is the time to cut way back on the calorie in-take. I actually gained about 15 lbs in the first month after cutting it all out!
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Well then. Just posting to rant. I took my 11 year-old to his first live MMA fight so he could see Coach Wood compete. Coach won 2:10 into the first by submission RNC, if your interested. Every thing was going great, we were haveing a great time sipping smoothies out of neon plastic tikki cups and filling up on peanuts ans fries. My son was making intelligent comments and asking good questions. I spacifically bought seats in a part of the arena the hard drinkers and party snots don't usually end up, as they never stay seated in the section they bought seats in... And guessed wrong.

A whole pack of them slipped into our section between the 2nd and 3rd fight. The 3rd figh was a women's bought, so I bet you can guess what happened next... We all got treated to detailed, graphic, drunken descriptions of just how ***** watching "chicks get it on with each other" was making them. So my son and I moved. And by the time the next women's fight started, they had managed to migrate close enough to our new spot, we got treated to an even raunchier dialog... so we left.

Way to go Drunken Moronic Frat Boys of the world... an 11 year-old kid had his very first live MMA experience ruined by you.
    Last edited by Becca; 12-03-2007 at 08:19 AM.

Cats and dogs...

So I found a mouse last night when I was cleaning the spare bathroom. I don’t usually leave the door open to this bathroom as it is only partially remolded and a bit of an eye sore, though it’s fully functional. I leave the door open and go grab my kids’ cats. The cats obviously smelled it because they started checking things out. Then, after about 30 seconds they both come tearing out of there terrified. I’m guessing they found the mouse….

My little Shepard, Sissy, being a very curious girl, just has to go in and see what scared the cats. The next thing I know there’s banging and crashing noises coming from the spare bathroom. The dog had obviously found the mouse… I go in to see what on earth she was up to. She was tossing this tiny little gry mouse up and letting it run about 3 feet before pouncing on it, and sliding into the walls in the process. This is the same dog that once chased a baby chicken till it fell over dead.

I can’t put bait and traps out because of the animals, so I figure it’s only fair that they take care of any pests the get in the house. But it never crossed my mind that a 40 pound Shepard mix would be a better mouser than the cats.

LOL @ your pussified cats !!

They need to learn wing chun !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Had an actual face-to-face with Sifu last night. It went pretty well considering I quit his school and still owe on the contract. I thought I was meeting with him to hash out a timeline for when I would have it paid off. I guess I forgot that he likes to keep in touch with former students, make sure things are going well for them. I also discovered that I don't owe as much as I thought I did; I should have it paid off in the next 2 pay checks. Good finacial news is better than a gift at Christmas time!

who knew....

That walk 4 dogs could be an effective full body workout.

I'm "baby sitting" my kung fu brother's dog over the Christam holiday. No biggie; I've watched him before and never had any problems. Well, apparently Buddy's leash maners have gone down hill since that last "visit". What is usually a nice 15 minute jog turned into, well, a not-so-nice 30 tug-a-thon with my little shepard joining in. Apperently Sissy figured that since Buddy was going nuts she could too. Thank goodness my two males were behaving themselve!

On the up side, I did get a burn going like I usually only get when I do Chinese Stance Exersize... 10 times in a row.

Best exersize ever (at least at the moment) seems to be throwing chewed up basketballs in random directions as fast as I can get to them while dogs run them down and bring them only 3/4s of the way back. we do this 3-4 times a day. There is well over 6 inches of snow in my back yard... well we got almost a foot, but much of it has been very well tamped down. I have managed to drop a whole pants size in the last week - even though it was Christmas! Gotta love anything that helps you loose weight durring the holidays.

Just jumping in here...I love running so much. I ran five days a week before I started training martial arts. However, in addition to being tired all the time from rigorous training, I started finding running painful as if the stance and strength work was countering the effect of the distance running on my legs. More pressure on the achilles etc.

I continued to run and train, but with much less running. Then I got an acute sprain in jump. I haven't run any significant distance for five months. I hope I can get back into it. Good to hear there are other runners who use kung fu as cross training! Err, perhaps it is the opposite now. My running is going to hopefully my cross training. Just one more New Years resolution.

Good job picking up a difficult hobby! It's great for your endurance. I'm also quite jealous that you have dogs!! I have one cat who always wants to be in the middle of everything. I guess I just have fewer dogpeople getting under my feet while at home.

Went digging for this thread. Anyone who's followed it knows about my dogs. I had to put the oldest, Smokey, to sleep today. He just hasn't done well this past winter and isn't eating well. And at almost 14 years old, he's getting a little senile. Last night, he bit one of my kids. I loved the little fur ball, but I won't tolerate a dog biting a kid unprevoked.

R.I.P. Old man.