Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate running...

Well, the puppies got plenty of exersize yesterday anyway. My dad came over and "fixed" thier run. He then let them out in it and left them with the theory that they'd show him where the wholes were. It took me and my oldest son 2 hours to catch Sissy, though Sonic Lazy-butt came back on his own after about 45 minutes.

We did, indead, find the wholes, though. And I worked my Intro to Nunchaku with my left hand anyway, as I really did need to do practice with my left hand. No, we did not go for a run this morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    I hate running because my shins are always talking to me when I do it... hence why I tend to gravitate to the stair machines, or the eliptical. Escpecially one over in the corner of the gym that I've nicknamed "the beast" because its lowest resistance level is nightmarish compared to every other eliptical I've ever used... and since the feet move in a more elongated circle, it's a bit more like a jog than the vertical pedaling of most such machines...

I hope when I lose enough weight, my shins might shut up and I can jog without problems.
    mine hurt as well and im only a buck fourty eight. you should listen to ten tigers. i might try that before i start sprinting.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    sprints-not jogging. Ever notice how marathon runners look like ethiopians and sprinters are jacked? Sprints release growth hormone and boost fat burning, while developing lean mass.
    Running is done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, utilizing the fat storages for fuel, rather than food. Breakfast is muscle milk lite, next breakfast is 4 egg whites,1/2 cup oatmeal,water. Lunch is chicken breast on whole wheat. Snack is muscle milk lite, dinner is baby spinach with a can of tuna thrown in, carrots,tomatoes, or a frozen Beverly Hills diet dinner-330 cal-qbout 30 grams protien. Lots of water during the day and weight training/lien gung during the week. My lien gung consists of different pushups, jars, rings,iron bars,and grip strengthening. I will be adding hindu squats,hindu pushups, and others as my trainng intensifies, but no standard weightlifting.
    any recommendations for starting a sprinting program like this without access to a track? i could measure some areas in my neighborhood with my car to get approximations, but i honestly had my heart set on running in the woods.

this is also keeping in mind that im lifting 3 - 5 days a week (comps in june and sept) and doing jiujitsu 2. do you think a run in the morning a few days a week woudl be too much?
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    wait...sorry to be so nosey...You're paralyzed?

so you cant walk or stand or anything?

do you still practice upper body stuff?
    i was curious too hsk. you and i had some discussions way back in the day, but if i remember right didnt you have a video of you doing a form competition not too long ago?
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Well, the puppies got plenty of exersize yesterday anyway. My dad came over and "fixed" thier run. He then let them out in it and left them with the theory that they'd show him where the wholes were. It took me and my oldest son 2 hours to catch Sissy, though Sonic Lazy-butt came back on his own after about 45 minutes.

We did, indead, find the wholes, though. And I worked my Intro to Nunchaku with my left hand anyway, as I really did need to do practice with my left hand. No, we did not go for a run this morning...
    i'm comfused
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    i'm comfused
    about what?
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

fixed ... in it ... wholes ... and find wholes.
    where's my beer?

what?

Now I'm confused... Are you talking about my dad messing up the dog run trying to fix it?

i'm not sure
    where's my beer?

um... ok....

Anywho. When for a nice run with Sissy this morning. I think I might be comming down with something, becuase I actually enjoyed the heck out of it. You know how you get into the groove? The weather was just right, the sun just peeking over the horizon. Sissy was running nice today rather than looking for small furry things to lunge after. Had my I-pod loaded up with Danzig's older stuff, and I just ran. I haven't had that much fun running since high school, pre-injury; back when I actually liked to run.

um... ok....

Anywho. When for a nice run with Sissy this morning. I think I might be comming down with something, becuase I actually enjoyed the heck out of it. You know how you get into the groove? The weather was just right, the sun just peeking over the horizon. Sissy was running nice today rather than looking for small furry things to lunge after. Had my I-pod loaded up with Danzig's older stuff, and I just ran. I haven't had that much fun running since high school, pre-injury; back when I actually liked to run.

Glen Danzig is nothing for a martial artist to be listening to. His JKD training failed him when he tried to catch the punch that knocked him out. Will look for vid to post later.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Glen Danzig is nothing for a martial artist to be listening to. His JKD training failed him when he tried to catch the punch that knocked him out. Will look for vid to post later.
    Well, of course it did. He let his ego lead rather than his training. Just because the other guy was a blob, he figured he could push around a bigger man. Dumb...

But I still, and always will, love his music.
    Last edited by Becca; 05-10-2007 at 08:37 AM.

glen was being a complete ****head and im glad he got knocked out. the other dude had every right to be ****ed and he just wanted to be heard. there was absolutely no reason to get physical and glen got what was coming to him.

that said i still love old school misfits.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    glen was being a complete ****head and im glad he got knocked out. the other dude had every right to be ****ed and he just wanted to be heard. there was absolutely no reason to get physical and glen got what was coming to him.

that said i still love old school misfits.
    agree with this 100%... and Samain. Anyone know why someone solodly grounded in punk would now be clasified as metal??? It still sounds like hard core puck to me.

agree with this 100%... and Samain. Anyone know why someone solodly grounded in punk would now be clasified as metal??? It still sounds like hard core puck to me.
    i think, at least with the whole Danzig gig, its the material, ideas and basically that dark satanic heavy metal attitude.

sinces you know danzig is totally satanic.

on a side note, i thought danzig would have been a perfect Wolverine for the Xman movie, hes short, buff, and hairy. PLUS he's a super wolvering fan freak.

but they got some average skinny dude who looks nothing like the comic character.

stupid movie people
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!