Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abortion decision text link

Well, it seems to me the preconditions of experts testifying is not really present in many cases prior to this ruling. Or the 'experts' were already stacked in favor of one side. Medicine has ALWAYS been politicized. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. I can't see how this ruling really changes things in that regard.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Anyone on a sane level can see how horrible this type of procedure is, same with Dilation and Evacuation which some use during the 2nd trimester.

My point being that despite the very low percentage rate, that some people may actually need this procedure done for a realistic medical reason. Maybe a much better use of the ban would be a very strict reporting agency for any doctor who performs the procedure to make sure it is for the right medical reason.

It's just disgusting even thinking about this whole deal....
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 04-22-2007 at 11:08 AM.

all men are sitting here saying this,, but when a women is nake and ready to f_ck_ you don't say no...

Again, like I said in my other post, there is NO ONE WAY SOLUTION.

We have to education men and women, so guys don't just go out and hit on girls and try to have sex.. Even then this is gonna happen.

Girls are going to get peer pressure into sex and whatever..

Mostly this is because of BAD PARENTING, BAD EDUCATION SYSTEM, and peope NOT KNOWING BETTER.

So of course abortion needs to be there....educating mass of consquences and protecting themselves.. All of which they have tackle.

Its everyone is societies fault. A HOT chick walkin down the street, all men would stare and make comments. That is like the big start for this.

Plus, Congress is tryin to do all these abortion stuff why??>.... Well the world's population is exploding and it's time they control the population otherswise by 2050 we are going to have serious problems with population. And don't askk.... I took political geography last quarter...

Merrprankers I totally agree with you on the abortion things,, but man there are really a lot of INCAPABLE mothers out there and it's better either to put up adoption than infanticide. BUt the world is crappy because there are tons of mothers like that.. Mothers who don't know how to mother.
    Last edited by wind draft; 05-14-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Mas Judt,

It's funny that you mention viability, I was just talking to my wife about this and commenting that anti-abortion activists are really just impatient. They've already won the fight. They just have to wait.

As medical technology improves, viability becomes earlier and earlier and the window for abortion decreases. States and the federal government have every right to move the window further and further back, IMO as long as they make an exception for the health of the mother, as a potential life is always worth less than an existing one (viability is a PERCENT chance of survival, not 100%, hence my reasoning here that an established life is worth more.)
    BINGO. It bothers me to hear people talk about the fear of over-turning Roe v. Wade when the Court has already done that in the case of Casey v. Planned Parenthood. What this case says is that the State has a legitimate and rationally based interest in protecting the life of a fetus based upon the reasonable viability of the fetus' life outside of the womb. Thus, your observation is constituionally correct (as mandated by the Supreme Court). This recent case is a stronger expression of the precedent that has already been set, yet it should not be surprising given the past treatment of the Court on this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.