Thread: Akron Ohio Choy Li Fut Classes open to public

Hybrid View

Akron Ohio Choy Li Fut Classes open to public

This is to let folks in the N.E. Ohio area know that there are Classes in Choy li fut being conducted
    4 times per week. With some reluctance I have decided to open these classes to the public. With the permission of my teacher Sifu David Carr, and Grandmaster Wong Doc Fai.

This is my 35 year of kung fu study, the last 25 years I have devoted to the study of Northern Praying Mantis. But the Choy li Fut
    I learned in my younger years has never left me, "due to its excellent training methods".
    If you are in the Akron area or other parts of N.E. Ohio it's worth a stop by and see what I'm sure you will think may be one of the most interesting and hardest training sessions being conducted in the area. It's not for everybody, It is "very hard". Choy Li fut is known for its long endurance incredible footwork and its idea of your fist being like a steel ball on the end of a bullwhip. The nice thing about Choy Li Fut is that anybody can learn it, and it gives a person incredible body power. It is said sometimes that Choy Li Fut is the quick road to kung fu proficency. My students enjoy it.

I would be interested in feedback from this post from some of the locals or anyone else.

Mike Biggie
    Northern Praying Mantis Shaolin Boxing Academy
    1155 Canton Rd.
    Akron, Ohio 44312

330-798-0144 Cell 330-697-0398
    Tuesday: 8:30-9:30 PM, Thursday 6:30-7:30 PM Saturdays 10:30-1:00 PM again from 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM Saturday afternoon

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Congrats, Mike!

Was hoping you guys were going to make it to the GLT this weekend.

We drove friday and today so we didn't have any extra time or I woulda called you.

Matt
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thumbs up Congratulations!!!

Mike, Congratulations on opening your teaching to the public! Good Luck with this 'new' endevor! I'm positive you will have great success with the school and turn-out' some excellent students! Da-Fu Hao!!!, Li Ma-Keh

Shifu Mike Biggie

I have had the pleasure to meet and train with Shifu Biggie. He has extensive knowledge of both CLF and Northern Praying Mantis. True he is hard core and not for the faint at heart, yet he is very compassionate about the fighting arts and his students. You will be trained well. You can see this thru students that have trained with him. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Mike I wish you the best, I know you have been wanting to do this for a while. Not sure if my travels will take me your way this year. Shi Zhengzhong is coming to the US and I have to be in DC and LA in August. I would love to train some CLF with you some time, your the best!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Congrats my brother

Mike,

Good luck with the new classes. I look forward to hearing how the classes are going for you.

Be well.

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind remarks and encouragement guys. It was a hard decision to
    even consider splitting my teaching and training time between my beloved
    7 star mantis and my Choy li fut, from years ago.

My main concern has and always will be my students. I want to make sure
    that they get the most out of their time with me.
    Having a commercial studio, I have seen alot of new student become completely
    frustrated with Mantis and leave. But since I have started training folks in Choy li fut, I have seen the new people make an immediate connection to it and, most stay now.and my older student never miss.
    The youngsters love it. So to all my Mantis friends I hope you do not consider me a sell out.
    We still train our 7 star mantis 4 times a week. But me, I'm a purist.

Yu shan and Oso, Sorry I missed your visit North, You are always welcome when you are in the area.
    and so is everyone else.

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Biggie
    Northern Praying Mantis Shaolin Boxing Academy
    1155 Canton Rd.
    Akron, Ohio 44312

330-798-0144 Cell 330-697-0398
    Tuesday: 8:30-9:30 PM, Thursday 6:30-7:30 PM Saturdays 10:30-1:00 PM again from 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM Saturday afternoon