Thread: chinese army combatives clip

chinese army combatives clip

Here is a 3 minute clip on chinese military combatives training. It's in chinese with no subtitles.

The opening soundtrack brought me back to the late 70's. I got so hyped that I donned my Warriors leather vest and went to start a rumble with the Baseball Furies who tend to hang out at the local roller rink.

There were no Baseball Furies in sight....so I settled on bashing some Orphans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp2yXPsiBv4

i love the one where he walks up and pops the unawares in the kidney.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

slightly ot

Trying to stay fit? Give the PLA's new exercise routine with Chinese characteristics a go

The PLA has released a new funky aerobics exercise routine to help keep its soldiers fit. The routine, which is perhaps inspired by the PLA’s rendition of “Xiao Pingguo,” comprises 8 sections with each section being 5 minutes long.
    China’s military newspaper declared that the routine, “absorbs aspects of popular dance and Chinese tai chi, as well as other factors. The content is novel and original; it has its own distinct style, and the movements are masculine and vigorous.” A cursory look at the routine reveals that it is perhaps already more “masculine and vigorous” than the PLA’s other training methods.

It is intended that the routine will “create strong cultural characteristics in the army, improve combat effectiveness, and contribute to all-rounded development” and will be promoted to the army as well as the armed police force.
    This exercise routine might help PLA soldiers shed a few pounds given all the pizza and wings they share with American soldiers. However, the key question remains: can they do the collarbone challenge?
    Watch the video of the routine below:
    You must follow the link to see the vid. It's special.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

守护香港!驻香港部队的官宣,有态度、有力量!| 小央视频

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart