Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: training to fight again

training to fight again

training to fight again. its been 2 years so i said wtf. i'll do it.

i will let you know on the progress. right now i have to get my cardio up. i did a couple three minute rounds with just; jabbing, crossing, hooking, uppercuts, spinning back fists, sprawling, and ducking. i was still able to deliver some hard punches at the end when i was really winded.

after the rounds i did some pad kicking. i did front heal kick, roundhouse kicks, and side kicks. i was able to pull off some high and hard round houses like cro cop and ganzaga. my side kicks were good considering i thought i needed work on them.

that is all.
    next i think i am going to do some take downs and take down prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

when is the fight, and what is the fornat?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

NYC August 9 on the corner of 125th!

im thinking of competing in dallas in sanshou. depending on how well i am prepared. if not we can throwdown mk in august.

if not, my connections would probably allow me to compete in some of the mma fights around new england.

i have the fighters notebook so i have been looking at that. i know the author's of it and can visit them for help with my groundwork.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

good luck man, train hard!!!

did some take down and take down prevention this weekend. more for mma type stuff then for sanda.

2 yrs!!! pfffttt.....try not training for 12+ I nearly threw a hip joint out trying to throw a hook kick. Moving fast is only a dream these days. I can only sprawl fast if someone knocked me out.

Hey if you're comming to Dallas to Taiji Legacy, shoot me an IM, would love for you to buy me a beer.....errrr.....me buy you a beer. Well let's each buy one until we can do drunken forms without acting.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

What's this I hear?

Buying me beer at TJL? Sounds great!

Best of luck SLL. I'd love to see you fight at TJL! Perhaps the attending forum members can gather to cheer you on!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

tjl will be blast this year. beer night before forms? ok! beer night before fighting? whatever i'm down. but preferbly after

if i do sanda then i will let you know, i dont know if i have enough time to get the fighting down with the big gloves on and stuff. May is pretty crazy for me and june/july might not be enough.

i'm working on more mma type stuff :-X

if i do the contineous, i have to watch out, i have always gotten disqualified cause i laid into guys who didnt understand light contact.

i've been putting together some chin na that will work in the ring. its not too bad, there are a couple good ones where you can crank wrist or elbow. but im not too sure on the ruling. might have to result in some of my sifu's old judo training.

xcakid, i dont throw hook kicks because of my hips. i can only get them like waste height maybe a little higher. its weird i was delivering powerful round houses up and down the spectrum the other night though after doing a couple 3 minute rounds. i got a story about the round house kick. i wont tell it on the board though. bring it up if we meet, just say "adam, roundhouse kick at the mma school."

If you guys are up for it. I would be will to get together a KFM meet Thurs before TJL at a restaurant somewhere in Plano or Richardson near the event. Fri and Sat may be busy with all seminars and such.

I am not buying since I am more than likely be unemployed by then(contract work ending). But separate checks, and good company will still be good. Thinking about Bone Daddy's in Richardson. Hot waitresses, great BBQ, good drinks and I can probably get the room upstars just for us KFM'ers.

The website to Bone Daddy's

Sorry for the thread jack
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Xcakid

I actually am probably flying in thursday. there is another member on this board i talk to who now lives in fort worth, i forget his screen name. if i fly in we can meet up for bbq and hot chicks. i am down

Adam

Pork Chop is in Ft. Worth.

You never know, you might even run into the stud on the right.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 05-02-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Pork Chop is in Ft. Worth.

You never know, you might even run into the stud on the right.
    pork chop, thats it! i can give him a call. my sifu is a vegetarian though lol.

mk what about the stud on the left?

Provided I don't have any government interference, I should be fighting San Da at TJL this summer. Helmer and Rawlins are always hounding me when I go to these things.

Whats your weight class? I'll be fighting at 185, I'm too lazy to drop weight.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

right now i weigh 191. i am hoping to drop at least 3-4 pounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioe-DgoOTls