Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: safety of this taoist sexual practice?

Hello cjurakpt,

I never wrote anything about rigidity with the spine with yoga practice. With regard to the kundalini energy going up the spine, it is not uncommon. From what you have posted, it seems you have no personal experience with the kundalini energy beyond what you have observed and read. I have a feeling you will get there soon.

mickey

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    I never wrote anything about rigidity with the spine with yoga practice.
    I know - please show me where I ever said or even implied that you did; even so, I think it's evident from my post that I do not believe that this is what correct yoga practice espouses; in my experience, some people have incorrectly interpreted this to be so, but again, I did not suggest this was the case with you

With regard to the kundalini energy going up the spine, it is not uncommon.
    again, my experience with yoga is minimal, so I can only go by what I have seen / read in regards to that particular practice; so in my experience it is not something I have heard about, but again, I do not doubt the veracity of what you state

From what you have posted, it seems you have no personal experience with the kundalini energy beyond what you have observed and read.
    well, then I guess that must be the case...

I have a feeling you will get there soon.
    thanks for the prediction

Mickey-

could you please reply to my last post on the previous page?

thanks

Hello phoenixrising,

I am sorry for missing your question.

Mantak Chia's method seems to involve a visualization aspect that does not result in a physical manifestation. That is how it was for me with the Microcosmic Orbit (by the way, I took the seminar after reading the book). The way that I learned is that the energy is real. I cannot go into detail more than that. I actually experienced the energy going up my spine. It is no joke. If you are looking for instruction it would be improper to for me to do something like that through the internet. It requires the presence of an experienced practitioner. I will be getting back to this thread with more info for you. Right now, business beckons me.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 06-01-2007 at 04:13 AM.

cjurakpt Guest
    Mickey is correct

in regards to Micro Orbit practice, this is absolutely not a process of visualization; the way in which this practice manifests, if done correctly, will occur without visualizing what is happening - it is a very real feeling that occurs and follows certain guidelines of behavior; the key phrase is "don't lead, don't hinder"; in other words, the temptation is to actually try to do something when you do or don't feel the process occuring - the key is awareness without fixation

and yes, this is not something to be attempted alone because there are issues of continuity that need to be followed (in other words, you can't just start it and stop it whenever you feel like - classically it's described as a 100 Days meditation; it took me somewhere around that much time, I don't remember exactly, it was over 10 years ago, I'd have to dig up my journal notes on it; after it's achieved, it then works into the Macro Cosmic Orbit, which includes the legs and arms; this one takes a bit longer...), and having the guidance of an experienced instructor is critical to tell you what to pay attention to and what not to pay too much attention to, such as when the energy gets "stuck" at certain places (Eight Qi Manifestations of tightness, itches, aches, vibration, sound, image, smell and cold), etc.

good luck in your search
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 05-31-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "Well, I don't believe that what you referred to is a Daoist technique. However, a proven scientific method for increasing "staying power" is to stimulate until near-ejaculation, then compressing the head and repeating this 5 times each time."

"tried that pinching/compressing thing to see how it was.

I will never do it again.

It hurt like you wouldn't believe and I'm not even speaking of the compression. The pain came from the muscles expelling very forcefully, but because it was closed off, they couldn't have their full range of motion and it felt like it was being ripped apart from the inside out."

ok, I think that the reason you hurt yourself could be that the above "Proven, scientific technique" is described incorrectly.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have learned, you do not compress the head, but squeeze the BASE, as well as pressing in on the pernium (taint)while doing a male kegel manuever. (can be combined with picturing your grandmother naked)
    If you compress the head, you would definately hurt yourself. If you tried to choke off urination by doing this, rather than with muscular contraction, it would cause extreme pain-heck, doing it with contraction hurts.
    Check your sources.

thanks Mickey (and others)- the search continues!

Greetings,

Here are some book suggestions for you:

Wheels of Light by Anodea Judith - The author writes about the 7 chakra system with much detail: a true yoga book.

The Kundalini Experience by Gopi Krishna- The title says it all.

Path Notes of an Amarican Ninja Master by Glenn J. Morris- The author's first kundalini experience still makes me laugh hard. The book is a nice look at another person's spiritual development. He passed away last year on April Fool's day. I find that incredibly appropriate and very, very, funny. You will understand when youu read his material.

Good Luck to you in your pursuit and in your practice.

mickey

PS: Mantak Chia's microcosmic orbit works more with the spiritual body (I guess that is a Taoist thing) and its development.
    Last edited by mickey; 06-01-2007 at 07:51 AM.

cjurakpt Guest
    as it turns out, my teacher is giving a public class (uncommon for him) at a local NYC yoga school (Golden Bridge Yoga) in June; it's not micro orbit per se, but it might be of interest:

Medical Qigong: Alchemy of the Taoist yoga with Sat Hon
    http://goldenbridgeyoganyc.com/?main_page=page&id=1

scroll down to the middle of the page for the seminar info

Thanks. Mickey, what did you think of the kundalini school I linked to? I live in LA, so the NYC seminar isn't likely at the moment.

I've already read Pathnotes and Morris' other books and enjoyed them. It seemed to me, however, that the way he followed was virtually the same as Chia's, which you don't seem to recommend. Also, are you suggesting I can learn the way to do it from the books recommended instead of instruction, or did you just put them there for interests sake?

Yo TenTigers,

I do remember hearing a rhythmic series of blood curdling screams. Now I know it was you.

mickey

Hi phoenixrising,

I looked at the site. All I remember about Yogi Bhajan is that he passed away one or two years ago. Since I have had no experience with him or his students, I cannot say yes or no.

Glenn Morris had his experience, if you remember, while watching an adult feature and doing "something." It was physical; though the after effects were physical, mental and spiritual. This guy did have doctorate's in psychology. So his representations may lean in the direction that you observed.

Do I believe that someone can experience kundalini through their own practice? Yes. Would I tell you to do that? Absolutely not. That would be irresponsible.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 06-01-2007 at 04:59 PM.

phoenixrising,

I reread this post. I need to make a few clarifications. When I write about certain practices being physical, it is not to mean that there are no metaphysical aspects to the practice. It is that the use of visualization, in the Western sense, can create such a disconnect that there is no benefit to the practitioner. Visualization, in the Western sense, is a self contained mind trip to nowhere; there is no interaction between the mind and the body. People like Carl Jung have helped the Western model of consciousness move east.

In the Eastern sense, visualization is POWERFUL. It is the ability to effect change within yourself and in the world around you. That ability is an expression of the Divine essence that is within you. Needless to say, there is no disconnect here between mind and body. Even the term "visualization" falls short here. The person is simply DOING it.

So stuff like auras do exist even if you cannot sense them. People can still astral project and so forth. We are still the stuff that dreams are made of.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 06-01-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Mickey-

Thanks for your response. One thing I'm still not clear on, though, is whether or not the books you recommended would teach me to open the orbit or not?

phoenixrising,

I only recommend them guide posts and nothing more. You need to be prepared for your future experiences. I see you want to go it alone. Learn as much as you can so you can be fully prepared for your awakening (gosh, I am so concerned for your wellbeing, I am repeating myself).

Have you ever experienced reiki?

mickey