Thread: Moths

Moths

This story is going to sound rather insane, but I had to share it.

Two years ago, I purchased a large amount of herbal medicines for TCM, like I usually do, in Seattle's international district. I took the herbs, each wrapped in sealed paper bags, and placed them into a cardboard box, which I sealed with duct tape. I then placed this box on a shelf, in a room indoors. Herbs included: gypsum (yeah, It's a mineral, not an herb, I know) Aconite, Juju, apricot seed, two types of peony, magnolia bark, cinnamon bark, angelica root, ginseng root, and about 12 other herbs.

Fast forward about three months. I had used some of the herbs on occasion, so the box had been opened and closed. One day, I heard a strange rustling from the box, so I brought it down to the floor and opened it up. Inside of the box was around ten moths. However, these were not your normal moths. These moths, at least 40 percent of them, were joined, in pairs, at the head. At first I thought they were merely mating, somehow, but then I realized that they were joined at the head, and I don't know any species that mates head to head. All of the moths were fluttering about as if wounded, only one wing working on some of them.

The whole spectacle appeared perverse and disgusting to me, so I closed the box, took it outside, and opened the box. I removed all of the moths, and of course I checked for eggs or other means of reproduction, and found none. Mind you, there were NO moths left in the box.

The next day, after I had left the box with no moths sitting outside next to my front door window, I witnessed a bizaare sight. Another 8 moths had appeared, and were all stuck to the window above the box, which was now empty.

The reason that I brought this strange story up again was because I've noticed that, in recent days, whenever I put on large amounts of si sou feng, I encounter moths. These moths behave unlike normal moths, in that they do not sit still for long periods of time. These moths, instead of trying to fly close to light, seem to fly at my body when I'm in the room. And I don't mean by accident; I mean that if I dodge out of the way, the will make multiple sweeps at me until I leave the room or I let them land on me.

This has led me to believe that perhaps, one of the following is possible: 1: Moths are somehow mutated by a terotogen in one or more of the herbs or in the preservatives (if any) in these herbs. 2: Moths are somehow attracted to these herbs. 3: Moths may be affected by super-sensitive to types of Qi and/or can be spontaneously generated by exotic qi combinations.

Of course, #3 is the crazy one. But, I wanted to know, has anyone else had similar crazy experiences with animals, plants, etc after using Jows or Chinese Herbs?

No, but I am interested in crazy Siamese moths now. Where can I get some?

Try leaving some herbs like the one I listed in a dark, dry area. Wait a few months.

I wish you took a pic of some of those moths

It's hard to imagine Siamese moths joined at the head.

I've heard many, many stories of bugs sprouting up in herbal mixes, mostly maggots. It's turned many a western friend off TCM herbs because they don't know if the eggs were in the herbs or actually part of the recipe. Probably a little of both, eh? Most westerners really don't want to know what cordyceps are now, do they?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I think the moths have to do more with your own personal Qi vibrations attracting them rather than an ingredient in the herbal formula. I've had odd experiences with animals in the past, usually while engaging in some sort of 'esoteric' practice that places me closer to the consciousness of the Earth.

This one time I was playing the digeridoo near a stream to catch the sound reflected off the earthen bank on the other side. After playing for a few minutes, I noticed a salamander making its way toward me on the shore of the stream. Soon thereafter, another followed... next thing you know there were at least 8 of 'em all watching me play the didge - I kid you not! And no, I was not high! (Well... maybe a little ).

Then they started doin' it! Woah! Didgeridoo has some powerful effects... too bad I cant get the same effect with human females!!!

Anyways, my point is that animals and insects perceive different energy forms that we are unable to. Moths can perceive infrared, while other insects operate on the uv spectrum.

It might just be you, dude...

peace

ox

Ease up on the herbs, herbox

Are you saying that your digerido playing attracts salamanders and makes them fornicate?
    Am I the only one to call B.S. on this?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I call shenanigans.

*cough*... wha?

Gene, that's exactly what I'm saying. I thought I'd told you about that incident years ago - 'sides, you know how it goes! Whenever you play the didgeridoo, the nacho cheese ninjettes come out from their hiding places... so I don't know what's so unbelievable about a couple of ***** salamanders looking for some nice background music to do their thang.

ox

dude, I can' t believe h0rny is also a banned word. That's rediculous! What's next? ***** **** *** ******** **** blocking my ****** words, man!

****ox

Right, well, we'll be censoring the word 'ox' next

Never compare nacho ninjettes to salamanders in heat.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

http://www.mothmanlives.com/

I knew your name sounded familiar! :P
    Mark