Thread: OT: U.S. Ranger MA

OT: U.S. Ranger MA

I read that the Rangers train in Jiu Jitsu.

Is this true, and if so is it the only MA the Rangers train in?

Does the Army in general or the Rangers in particular have anything like a kickboxing or MMA team?

I know they do boxing, but does anyone here know what else they do?
    Last edited by Crushing Fist; 04-29-2007 at 07:48 AM.
    Words!

Just words!

My training brother was a Ranger, and he trains in Shaolin ninjitsu right now. From prior discusssions, I know they train in jujitsu, but much of it is just kickboxing and very practical defense and offense. The emphasis is on practicality and lethality, of course. Brute force and testosterone were the order of the day.

- 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

The ARMY holds a MMA tournament every year. Qualifiers from each base go to a national tournament and fight amateur MMA rules (no closed fist strikes to the head, etc...).

Being such that Ashida Kim has been mentioned on another thread, I think it would be interesting to note that he worked the Kata Dan-te with the Rangers back around the time of the Gulf War, and saw some action with the SEALS shortly before 9/11. I don't recall if he ever did teach any Ranger camps, though.

I wonder if he taught the SEALS Judo Katana Jutsu?

Because "the dragon is the mind of the spiritual tiger, which is to say supremely walking in the warrior's enlightenment." Thus sayeth Grande Latte John Tesh.

Or was it Yani?

Anyway, that's what people are saying these days, if you believe the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Being such that Ashida Kim has been mentioned on another thread, I think it would be interesting to note that he worked the Kata Dan-te with the Rangers back around the time of the Gulf War, and saw some action with the SEALS shortly before 9/11. I don't recall if he ever did teach any Ranger camps, though.
    You better produce some proof of that nonsense. A lot of hookers saw action before 9/11 too.

BTW, The Rangers, The SEALs, The Green Berets are all big groups. No body like Ashida Kim has taught any complete group of special operators anything. Maybe he showed a trick to one in a bar but that is not the same as teaching The Rangers.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.