Thread: What's up with Morne Swanepoel?

What's up with Morne Swanepoel?

His latest Black Belt article sounded very familiar.

Urban Tactical vs. Urban Tactical Weapons

Urban Tactical was published in BB June 2007. Urban Tactical Weapons was published by us in our 2007 March/April. One is a re-hash of the other. In fact, I haven't seen such a literal re-hash in some time. It's unfortunate. I wonder if Robert Young is aware of it. This is the reason why martial arts magazines do not accept simultaneous submissions. The thing is that we might accept an article and sit on it for a few months due to publishing schedules. This makes simultaneous publication a constant possibility if the freelance authors fail to honor the simultaneous submission rule. Obviously, Mr. Young and I do not share our publishing schedules. The tricky thing in this situation is that Morne's new piece is completely rewritten, so it's almost like a technical loophole. However, it still reflects poorly overall. There's so much to be written about the martial arts that it's really a shame when the publications overlap.

I'd be more upset about this if we published it second, not first.

I'm surprised you didn't comment about Graceffo's article, which was somewhat redundant to the The Monk From Brooklyn series we published some time ago.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart