Thread: Articles

8stepsifu Guest

Articles

This would be a good place to mention what kind of articles kung fu magazine is interested in. I know that there are a few writers on here myself included. I will be appearing in the July issue of blackbelt and I have a few works in progress.

One of them is an ongoing interview with Master James Sun of 8 Step Praying Mantis Kung Fu. The interview is very diverse and covers many topics. It's not a shameless promotion piece.

anyway, let us know what your looking for.

Take the world lightly, and your spirit will not be burdened. Consider everything minor, and your mind will not be confused. Regard death and life as equal, and your heart will not be afraid.

GeneChing Guest

non fiction

We are looking for everything non fictional. Please don't send us any more cartoons or original poetry. If you look at our writer's guide, (click the 'write for kfm' at the bottom of our home page) there are some suggestions. The best thing to do is pitch us your idea, and we can work with you to make it fit our mutual needs.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

8stepsifu Guest
    people actually send fiction?

I punch you
    You punch me
    You hit my kidney
    and blood do I pee.

I lock up your joint
    screaming, you frantically tap
    but it is a mute point
    because your bones will soon snap.

Hai Ku
    Eagle claw to nuts
    begging for mercy he grips
    pain swells and I pass out

well I have all summer to write. I'll see what I can do.

Take the world lightly, and your spirit will not be burdened. Consider everything minor, and your mind will not be confused. Regard death and life as equal, and your heart will not be afraid.

GeneChing Guest

and how

Sure we get fiction. Just look at half the posts on this forum ;) Seriously, we do get a lot of fiction, bad poetry, comics, and low budget videos. Sometimes it can be really amusing.

BTW, your poems (which I have now read twice, thank you) seems fixated on pee, bones and nuts. Did I tell you I studied Freudian psychology for a while? Is there any other poems you would like to share with us?
    :p

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

8stepsifu Guest

lol sure

But you asked for it

Grappling poetry

in a tangled mass
    we grapple, hoping of course
    that no one sports wood......(That one was just for you Sigmund) :)

In vietnam I bought a jackrabbit
    that taught me Tae Kwan Do
    I had my coke habbit
    and he had a 6 inch fro.

He taught me every day
    in the swelterning jungles of nam
    and though I had no money
    I gave him military spam

We kicked around each sunday
    while all the villagers were in church
    and on a post he stood me
    like a crane upon its perch

He had me balance there,
    without letting me go
    but after 15 minutes of persistance
    I became the master of chung moo do.