Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I remember when...

I remember when...

I remember when, 7 years ago, this forum (neijia) used to be really vital with lots of active discussion. Sam Wiley and lots of other long time practitioners would regularly post. Then Baguatiger came on and started talking about how hsing i is supposed to be like 'a trucker on crack running you down.' Then, later, blacktaoist came in and started insulting and challenging people. Everyone just became silent and left. This forum never recovered and its been a long time. I wonder how come Emptyflower survived that (at least Blacktaoist, who I think was the principal cause) and this forum didn't, particularly since there are or were a number of mutual posters. Oh well...

Bro, best move on eh?

It is up for the rest of the members to contribute and share knowledge, right?

Jay_Bee.

EF has started to go to crap as well. Few forums that are cool anymore. This is a lot of the reason many people are turned off by CMA anymore. Too bad!
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    EF has started to go to crap as well. Few forums that are cool anymore. This is a lot of the reason many people are turned off by CMA anymore. Too bad!
    Cheers
    Jake
    I don't think it's CMA, I think its internet forums in general.

There are a finite number of topics, and after they have been covered it's just politics.
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

I think the internet changes.

Youtube started in 2005. look at the CMA vid popped up in great number in 2006.

I frequent many forums chinese and english.

for most part, everyone reads regularly.

not everyone posts.

--

there is a limit that words/text may convey.

most people just post info websites and vid links.

--

discussion is also limited to poster's experiences of a topic.

--

Perhaps Walter, I do not frequent many outside (Japanese / Philipino etc.) the CMA. A couple of the grappling ones I am on they seem a bit more tame.
    I have been speaking with a lot of people lately regarding the (seemingly) lack of interest in CMA, and a lot of folks are telling me they gravitate towards BJJ and MMA because their is less "bull****." Now everyone's idea of "bull****" is different, but for the most part they are talking about all the silly politics and "secret" BS often associated with CMA.
    Everything eb's and flows, but the CMA need to clean up their act a bit more or we are going to lose a lot of interest.

SPJ - I know a ton of high level teachers that read what happens on the forum's yet do not post, so I hear you! It is funny when someone starts running their mouth (or would it be keyboard ) about such and such, and that individual is often reading right along with. Very common.

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Jake-Yeah, I'm getting burnt out on EF, too, although that forum is heads and tails above this one in terms of getting quality info (and funny stuff too -I have learned alot from that forum and gotten referrals from there to many good articles and books and things (not always IMA related- it seems like alot of internal martial artists are interested in similar things to me, i.e., personal growth, shamanism, human potential, healing, magic. strength training...)
    All in all, its probably a good thing, tho, (at least for me), as it gives me more incentive to train and move all aspects of my life forward instead of wasting time on internet forums (something I've done perhaps far too much of and have resolved to stop doing several times). Maybe my feeling of 'burnout' on these forums is a natural and good thing as I leave them behind and move on and forward to other things in life.

The funny thing is that the blacktaoist, who is (along with Maoshan), the principal 'murderer' of this forum- from looking (and a famous teacher I know looking) at his clips online- he doesn't strike me as being particularly skilled in neijia. I'm sure he can fight OK, but in terms of high level body skill- I don't see it.

I think BT means well, but his method of delivery is way off, so off that it does not matter what skills he has, you know what I mean?

P.S, if you want to keep this forum up and happening, then move on, contribute some information and ask people some sound questions.

EF is pretty tame at the mo, I saw Don Bido kicked out someone in the past day over the "lineage of iron wire thread".

CMA is nothing to be worried about, I still know there are enough hard core practitioners to keep it alive, it ain't going anywhere anything soon.

Jay_Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Yi Liu He View Post
    EF is pretty tame at the mo, I saw Don Bido kicked out someone in the past day over the "lineage of iron wire thread".

CMA is nothing to be worried about, I still know there are enough hard core practitioners to keep it alive, it ain't going anywhere anything soon.

Jay_Bee
    I think he was booted because he was just trolling.

Yeh, I think it's rude to come into someones house, don't even introduce yourself and then start asking 101 questions, without even a descent "Hello, my name is".

I am sure if he asked the guy in question about his lineage in the right manner, he would of got his answer.

JB.

Blog Entries
    Well I can say that I was kicked off of emptyflower for really stupid crap that was started by other people. So I'm not to fond of it. I recently went back and took a look at it and it seems pretty dead.

I would post in this forum more but it seems that not many actual internal practitioners post here. As soon as you post anything about internal principles or training you get jumped on by people that say "there's no difference between internal and external martial arts." These are people that, as far as I can tell, don't practice internal martial arts and just have some beef with it.

So in order for this forum to get better those people need to be excluded. Its needs to be taken as a given that there is a difference between internal and external martial arts on many levels...strategic and in terms of training methods. Until other people on this forum can respect that difference then this forum will continue to be quiet.

FP

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    Well I can say that I was kicked off of emptyflower for really stupid crap that was started by other people. So I'm not to fond of it. I recently went back and took a look at it and it seems pretty dead.

I would post in this forum more but it seems that not many actual internal practitioners post here. As soon as you post anything about internal principles or training you get jumped on by people that say "there's no difference between internal and external martial arts." These are people that, as far as I can tell, don't practice internal martial arts and just have some beef with it.

So in order for this forum to get better those people need to be excluded. Its needs to be taken as a given that there is a difference between internal and external martial arts on many levels...strategic and in terms of training methods. Until other people on this forum can respect that difference then this forum will continue to be quiet.

FP
    I find your post to be inaccurate factually. There may be a small contingent at EF that maintain there is no difference between internal and external methods, but they are in the minority.

I think your assessment is biased by the fact that you were banned from the site.

when i start studying hsing-i and have questions i'll def post them here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Joyce View Post
    I find your post to be inaccurate factually. There may be a small contingent at EF that maintain there is no difference between internal and external methods, but they are in the minority.

I think your assessment is biased by the fact that you were banned from the site.

You misread my statement, in my first paragraph I was talking about emptyflower, starting from the second paragraph I was talking about this forum.

But, yes, my opinion of emptyflower is biased because I was kicked off basically for nothing.

FP