Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I remember when...

I think one problem might stem from the nature of internal work. Many people have a tough time relating about experiences without some kind of reference that many know of, but it wouldn't entirely be their fault either. Experiences can be difficult to articulate. It isn't as easy as saying 'when he's got you like so, turn this way, bend you neck down and you slid out'.

maybe it's also the saying that's something like
    'those who know don't talk'

?

I think there might be 2 versions of that sentence.

1. Those who know don't talk because they are uneffected by those that don't want to believe and by those that want to skip all the steps to 'mastery'.

2. Those who know don't talk because they use much of their time delving deeper because those that know normally don't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sung View Post
    maybe it's also the saying that's something like
    'those who know don't talk'

?
    Well that would suck.

If they don't talk, how can you ever learn from them?
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

I don't think it is necessary to blame anyone for killing a BB or a thread. All one need do is ignore the person you don't want to communicate with.

Think of them as leaves blowing in the wind while you are taking a jog. They are only a concern if you react to them. If you recognize the presence of the leaves you spend all your energy trying to avoid them. In this sense "avoiding" them is meant to be thought of as "recognizing them". When you recognize the leaves and try to avoid them you waste energy; they become a barrier to be circumvented and you spend your time trying to run around them. Recognizing the leaves allows them to interfere with the flow of your jog. In the realm of conversation it is recognizing the post of someone you feel is bringing the thread down and responding to them that brings the thread down. If, when jogging, I merely ignore the leaves and continue with my run, I am essentially unaffected by them. If on a BB you simply ignore those you are not compatible with they in essence don't exist for you and therefore cannot affect your interactions with those who do appeal to you.

I consider interacting on BB's as part of my training. It is an integral part of practice to learn to apply Internal principles to all interactions, not just during physical training. Internal principles are not limited to the physical/self-defense realm of activity; they apply to every area of life, including social interactions. To avoid unpleasant interactions is good at times, but to engage them at times provides a measure of our skill. Remember, skill is improved by constant testing/training.

A BB is relatively safe training hall because we can interact somewhat anonymously, leave whenever it gets to hot for us, and come back later to try again. When someone appears to be trying to bring a thread down try to see it as an opportunity for self-growth. Perhaps they truly are trying to bring the thread down, but that shouldn't matter if their participation is providing you with an opportunity for growth. You can't change the world, but you can always change yourself. Instead of thinking of the glass as half empty, consider it half full of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I consider interacting on BB's as part of my training. It is an integral part of practice to learn to apply Internal principles to all interactions, not just during physical training. Internal principles are not limited to the physical/self-defense realm of activity; they apply to every area of life, including social interactions. To avoid unpleasant interactions is good at times, but to engage them at times provides a measure of our skill. Remember, skill is improved by constant testing/training.
    Here's a challenge I propose for you, Brown. Make your keyboard so 'sad' psychically that the keys move down on their own, so that you can respond to this post.

I sat here for 10 mins. projecting my Chi and nothing happened. I don't thing it worked!

But I did get an headache, does that mean anything??

P.S. Internal principles are not just the cultivation of Chi, it also includes the understanding and application of the principles of Tao and it is that to which I was referring.

Hehehe.

Okay, try this. Think of the emotional body of the keyboard. Think of the energy vibrations switching from their current state to one that would be 'sad'. Then, visualize the keys moving down to type up your reply. When you've done this, eliminate from our mind the concepts of the past or the future, focusing entirely on the present. The keyboard is so sad, that it is dropping its keys to type out your response to this post. Since there's no past or future with this idea/feeling, it must be happening for you right now.

If it doesn't work, there's something in you keeping it from happening.

Edit: If you got a headache, you're trying too hard. Just Tao the crap out of the keyboard.
    Last edited by RonH; 05-03-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Hehehe.

Okay, try this. Think of the emotional body of the keyboard. Think of the energy vibrations switching from their current state to one that would be 'sad'. Then, visualize the keys moving down to type up your reply. When you've done this, eliminate from our mind the concepts of the past or the future, focusing entirely on the present. The keyboard is so sad, that it is dropping its keys to type out your response to this post. Since there's no past or future with this idea/feeling, it must be happening for you right now.

If it doesn't work, there's something in you keeping it from happening.

Edit: If you got a headache, you're trying too hard. Just Tao the crap out of the keyboard.
    The problem is the more sad I think the more sad I feel and then my tears short out the keyboard. I think I am too sensitive for this exercise.

Remember when we were talking a long time ago about shielding v self-control? Think of it like that. Disassocaite yourself from the sad that's bubbling up in you. If that's still a problem, imagine that the keyboard has a life of its own, responding the way you would. Visualize that it has a feeling of wanting to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Remember when we were talking a long time ago about shielding v self-control? Think of it like that. Disassocaite yourself from the sad that's bubbling up in you. If that's still a problem, imagine that the keyboard has a life of its own, responding the way you would. Visualize that it has a feeling of wanting to speak.
    hoaisfjoav
    weitjg-98q346ysjfiweuhvtuipahgf;kljuidgbhpriovrjopckwejd[waporjfuierghuier87
    y40853iujf48tynhfvdi

Hey!! It Works!! What did it say though???
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 05-03-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Greetings..

The Internal threads suffer due, largely, to people's lack of belief in their system.. to be silenced by the MMA braggarts is a signature of that situation.. i have no issues with EF, i visited and found it lacking in authenticity, sincerity, and practically any element of humanatarian compassion.. i have not visited since..

Yes, at one time KFO internal threads were a great source of information.. and, Kudos to Scott R. Brown for his tireless efforts to raise the bar.. wallowing in the sentiments of who/what damages a thread is a bit like living in the past, better to pursue who/what can revive this resource.. Much of the reason i have backed-off is the lack of decent topics and the embarassing displays rudeness..

Internal practitioners suffer the disbelief of most others, including many CMA people as well.. it is our inability to convey the experience of Internal Arts, both physically and through standard communications, that challenge our credibility.. well, that and the unfortunate number of observable frauds.. and often we even challenge the credibility of our own art, not directly, but.. in very subtle concessions to the more persistent and opiniated detractors..

I have been fortunate to train with some remarkable teachers, so there is no doubt in my experiences that Internal Arts are valid combat arts, and.. so much more.. i look forward to the time when Internal Arts rise to the challenge of demonstrating their worth..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

The Internal threads suffer due, largely, to people's lack of belief in their system.. to be silenced by the MMA braggarts is a signature of that situation.. i have no issues with EF, i visited and found it lacking in authenticity, sincerity, and practically any element of humanitarian compassion.. i have not visited since..

Be well...

Wow, guess you told us.

But how do you have no issues with something and then label it lacking in...?

Does the phrase internally inconsistent mean anything to you?
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Blog Entries
    What's your dysfunction?

Greetings..

Walter: Thanks for the analysis.. but, it's an observation, not an "issue".. i'm over it..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"