Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: de la hoya vs mayweather

de la hoya vs mayweather

bets, anyone?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

De La Hoya for da win all the way.

Saturday's fight

Mayweather..I know I know de la Hoya is bigger and heavier...
    a great match. No dishonor for the loser.

I hope that they will show it again soon- I have to be at a wing chun training event.

DE la Hoya has to try and take care of business early otherwise he could gas out.

joy chaudhuri
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 05-03-2007 at 12:21 PM.

my moneys on

Boring ----------___________
    Bless you

Boring?

Nah- I dont recall either being in a boring fight.

Both care about their reputations and the money and the future even thought it might be in promotions.

There are enough "dislikes" between the fighters and trainers and emotions to fuel real action.

It should be a classic- both fighters have very well developed and detailed skills...
    defensive and offensive. Even of it is "boring"------the little details should be very interesting.

joy chaudhuri

yeah, considering mayweather's dad used to train de la hoya, they have a lot of history - it's gonna be good. I don't want to bet against mayweather, but de la hoya has a lot of power in his punches. If he can land some solid shots early, he can take him. It's definitely one for the history books.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Boring ----------___________
    not a boxing fan?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    not a boxing fan?

I like boxing from a sparring perspective, but not as a spectator sport (anymore).
    Last edited by bodhitree; 05-04-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    Bless you

It's being hyped up more than what I think it is going to be. Mayweather doesn't want an outright fight, De La Hoya is bigger and stronger.

Mayweather is easily quicker, perhaps even quicker than Mosely in his prime. To make things worse, word is De La Hoya has been taking a little bit of a beating here and there from Mosely in sparring.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that De La Hoya has better than a puncher's chance in this fight, he can box. He will need to cut the ring off and either corner/trap Mayweather, or goad him into a bit of a brawl. Otherwise it will be Mayweather by decision, and not necessarily an exciting one either, although the threat of De La Hoy's left hook will keep fans a little attentive since one or two can change the fight at any time. My money's on Mayweather.

Greetings,

De La Hoya will lose if there is a fourteen year old female at ringside.

mickey

I thought it was fairly exciting. In those first rounds I was pretty awed by the way they moved. It look like they had a strobe light in the ring, or that they we're claymation or something. It was way too close.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

boooooring!

and i lost money on De La Hoya....

JAB B!TCH!!!

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

From my perspective, De La Hoya gave Mayweather too much respect early on and didn't jab enough to set up his harder shots. I know he was concerned about Mayweahter's speed and counter off the jab, but De La Hoya was fighting not to win, but to avoid getting knocked out. While he didn't get knocked out, he didn't win either. And he could have won if he fought a bit more aggressively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Judge Penn sez

And he could have won if he fought a bit more aggressively.

I dont think so...he had already begun to fade- stamina wise and has done that before. To Mayweather's credit he stays in shape. Regarding de la Hoya's jabs not working--- little Mayweather moves had something to do with that. But both are great fighters. I dont criticize either.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    From my perspective, De La Hoya gave Mayweather too much respect early on and didn't jab enough to set up his harder shots. I know he was concerned about Mayweahter's speed and counter off the jab, but De La Hoya was fighting not to win, but to avoid getting knocked out. While he didn't get knocked out, he didn't win either. And he could have won if he fought a bit more aggressively.
    mayweather is not a KO artist... I don't think he could have knocked de la hoya out. De la hoya on the other hand, coulda knocked mayweather on his ass.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter