Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3

Spiderman 3

Silent Assassin just told me Spiderman III broke the box in HK, besting Kung Fu Hustle's record by nearly twice as much take.

Spiderman 3 Opens, Earns $29M
    Wednesday, May. 02, 2007 By AP/DAVID GERMAIN

(LOS ANGELES) — "Spider-Man 3" cast a worldwide web with a blockbuster first day, hauling in $29.15 million in 16 overseas markets and beating the debuts of the previous two "Spider-Man" flicks in each locale.

The film had the best opening day ever Tuesday in some countries, including France, Italy, South Korea and Hong Kong, distributor Sony Pictures said.

"Spider-Man 3" opens over the next couple of days in dozens of other countries, including the United States on Friday.

"`Spider-Man' is a worldwide franchise, and the thing we're most excited about is that in two pretty completely separate parts of the world we've gotten off to a great start," Jeff Blake, Sony vice chairman, said Wednesday. "We certainly hope for the same in North America."

Domestically, 2002's "Spider-Man" opened with $114.8 million in its first weekend, a record debut that stood until "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" shattered it last year with a $135.6 million weekend.

"Spider-Man 2" opened on a Wednesday before the Fourth of July weekend in 2004, pulling in a record $180.1 million in its first six days.

The two previous films combined for a total of $1.6 billion worldwide, about half of that coming in the United States.

In France, "Spider-Man 3" took in $6.8 million on opening day, more than the first-day grosses there for "Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2" combined.

It grossed $4.6 million in Germany, $4 million in Italy, $3.7 million in Japan, $3.4 million in South Korea, $1.1 million in the Philippines and $1 million each in Hong Kong and Thailand.

The third installment in director Sam Raimi's superhero series, "Spider-Man 3" reunites Tobey Maguire as the web-slinger, Kirsten Dunst as the love of his life and James Franco as his old pal turned enemy.

Adapted from the Marvel comic books, the film also introduces two new villains, Thomas Haden Church as the Sandman and Topher Grace as Venom.

Along with bad guys, Spidey ends up battling his own dark side as he fights the temptation to use his powers for evil after an alien entity infects his superhero outfit.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Saw it last night.

Much more comic-book and the previous adaptations . . .

some fun surprises as well.

I was never fond of Venom in the comic but it played out well in the film by really expanding the "Marvel Universe" of the Silver Screen.

your spider sense should have warned you

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

boooo!!!!!

this sh!t was whack. i'm gonna hit sam raimi with beng chuan to the chest when i see him for this awefull movie. i saw it on imax and imax always makes the crapiest movies look better and it still sucked. what the hell was up with all the stupid saturday night fever struts and the ****ing dancing. and how the hell you gonna have spider man crying three times in the movie and crying like ***** at that. nonono this movie was bad. the action was good, but i hated it.

the movie was great. the only things I really didn't care for were the matrix style aerial fight scenes and venom's "death" - they leave it open as to whether or not he's dead, but if they are keeping with the comic, then he should be very much alive. what's wrong with spidey crying? he may be an awesome fighting, cynical smartass, but peter parker is a geek to his heart. naturally, he's more sensitive than other marvel characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing another installment, possibly with carnage and someone else - rhino or electro, maybe.

Can't wait to see silver surfer in FF2 - he is the only reason I wanna see that movie.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

it was ok. im kinda disapointed with the whole venom thing though. next movie should have venom and spiderman with kraven hunting them both
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I never finished watchign Spiderman 2, hopefully they give a recap in part 3.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

American cinema weaps for the death of any real tragedy.

Who cares if he's redeemed? He never did anything worth caring about any real redemption.

That aside, massive props to Tommy Church for 'roidin out. He was fricken huge.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I never finished watchign Spiderman 2, hopefully they give a recap in part 3.
    No.

you could always go rent it though...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

uh yeah they do

they did recap the first two movies in the opening of spider man 3. don't know what you were watching sevenstar

*SPOILER*

i didnt like how they handled venom. i thought he should have just been saved for the next movie instead of trying to fit him in the last 30 minutes or so. i hope he didnt die cause that would be stupid to have one of spidermans most popular villians be dead and only have 30 minutes of show time. sandman served a good purpose and i like how he was done.

i know they are making a 4th one but i dont know if toby mcguire will be in it. he said probably maybe. if they do i would like to see a movie revolving around spiderman vs venom. maybe throw kraven in there to hunt the two or something.

they have scorpian, electro, mysterio, the vulture, hydroman (correct name?) rhino, the lizard, hobgoblin, demogoblin, and carnage as good villians they could still use. there are others but they were in other movies. ie kingpin. i have the original marvel series card sets 1-5. i have to look up, i know i am missing some people.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

kraven

alot of people been talking about the whole kraven thing, and i think that would be an execellent way to go they should save venom thou for like part five or something.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    alot of people been talking about the whole kraven thing, and i think that would be an execellent way to go they should save venom thou for like part five or something.

kraven would be fun, but i dont think he could carry it as bad guy alone. he's a cool badguy, but many people dont know who he is. green goblin i always disliked.) i would like to see lizard or scorpian personally. sinister six would be too much for 1 movie. hobgoblin would be nice, but how much of goblins can we take on flyer's?

movies VS comics

now i know movies have to put in there glitz-n-glam and stuff but the funny thing is.
    if you took lets say 20 comics in the numbered order like 1-20.
    BAM you have a movie with enough action and drama for all viewers.

I guess what i'm saying is i like movies that follow the books as best they can and comics themselve are packed with plots. Some big some small. You have all thats needed for a great movie in most comic. With today tech you could make thing in them come alive.

As for spidey 3 it had tomany villains for 1 movie it should've been broken up.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. First Law of Equivalent Exchange.

The scientific laws of thermodynamics draws a similarity to the law of equivalent exchange. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can be converted from one form to another but cannot be created or destroyed.

another spoiler

venom's total screen time from the church tower to the end is 22 minutes.