Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3

the emo spiderman

The daughter of a friend of mine said that Spiderman 3 is "Spiderman goes emo." She's totally right. I mean, look at Parker's hair.

I hate emo...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

thats exactly what...

me and all my friends said, one of my partners bought 50 seats at the imax for all his employees to go see it and i snatched up two ticks, for me and my girly. and i'm so glad i saw it for free, spider man was crying like a *****, and when he went dark he was just super emo. again i say somebody needs to smakc sam raimi in the head so he could wake the **** up.

part 4 is scrapped

so spider man four has been scrapped and raimi and the entire cast is out....and i gotta say im kinda happy. but what im not happy about is sony's plan to reboot the entire series from scratch making it more dark and gritty like batman which to me is a wrong move for spider man....also the person on the super short list to play spider man...and this is just what i heard from a good source this is not in the news reports but my sources tell me taylor lautner is on the super short list to play spiderman...but he has plenty of films lined up. so we'll see...there are a few othr names that would be better picks then taylor. and they should ait till action man comes out to check the reception because if the fanboys dont like taylor, they will sink spider man...

Sturgess could Be the new Parker

Hollywood News noticed a retweet by "Adulthood" director Noel Clarke to British actor Arnold Oceng. He mentioned that Sturgess has been offered the part in upcoming "Spider-Man" film.
    "Got inside track. jim sturgess has bin offerd the new spiderMan in spiderMan reboot, U knw I always get da inside scoop."

i'd take sturges over lautner...nothing wrong with lautner but i just dont see him as spiderman

I think justin bartha would be a great peter parker, he has the look, if compared to classic spider man parker.

Last edited by Lucas; 01-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I think justin bartha would be a great peter parker, he has the look, if compared to classic spider man parker.

looks way to old to play a high school, student.

i guess im talking older parker, when hes maried to M J and is in his 20's. where hes always scruffy and getting beat up by the sinister 6 and all that fun stuff.

im tired of teeny heros

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i mean he would totally be a good fit...why they are rebooting this is beyond me. sony might get effed in the Ae. for doing it. but we'll see its all how they repackage it.

I'm hoping that Sony drops the ball on this big time and the rights revert back to Marvel, so they can do it in-house and knock it out of the park.

And, you know what, Spider-Man 3 mostly sucked because of Sony. Raimi didn't want to do Venom, and though I like Venom they should've listened to Raimi on this one, and hence why he was criminally underused. Raimi isn't into the McFarlane era and McFarlane made Venom what he is. That movie would've been awesome if it had only been the Sandman and "New Goblin" stuff sans the symbiot suit & emo-Parker. Throwing in Venom was completely unnecessary and completely wasted. Which is kind of Raimi's way of saying to the studio "screw you" for messing with what he was doing. They, unfortunately, didn't get the memo and wouldn't agree on a script with Raimi.

This reboot will bite them in the ass eventually, especially if the studio goes a direction they seemed to be attempting to force on Raimi. Dark and edgy simply isn't Spider-Man for the most part. It's not like Spider-Man 1 and 2 are consider two of the greatest superhero movies ever made, up there with Iron Man, and Batman Begins and The Dark Knight or anything...

actually when raimi said he couldnt complete four on time, they washed out the whole crew including raimi, its just been confirmed that marc webb, director of 500 days of summer(great movie btw) and a ton of really cool music videos, well be the director for the reboot. even if the movie flops(EXTREMELY, HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) doesnt mean the right revert back to marvel. it doesnt work that way.. sony retains the rights as long as they keep making spider man films within a certain amount of years. which is why fox called wolverine, "X-men origins:". from what i hear marvel is going to be concentrating on there other lesser known but still popular hero's to make movies with. besides having cap, iron, hulk, and a ton of other tent poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Raimi isn't into the McFarlane era and McFarlane made Venom what he is.
    booya. personally id like to see the spiderman/wolverine/wendigo series, it'll never happen and it would get ruined if it did, but i loved that storyline

a couple mcfarlane covers. love his style. i remember reading hes the one that actually gave spidey his in insane flexability in his action poses.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    actually when raimi said he couldnt complete four on time, they washed out the whole crew including raimi, its just been confirmed that marc webb, director of 500 days of summer(great movie btw) and a ton of really cool music videos, well be the director for the reboot. even if the movie flops(EXTREMELY, HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) doesnt mean the right revert back to marvel. it doesnt work that way.. sony retains the rights as long as they keep making spider man films within a certain amount of years. which is why fox called wolverine, "X-men origins:". from what i hear marvel is going to be concentrating on there other lesser known but still popular hero's to make movies with. besides having cap, iron, hulk, and a ton of other tent poles.
    I'm aware of that. In theory the Marvel/Disney alliance could buy back the rights to Spidey. Marvel's going to make tons of dough off the Avengers stuff. Sony is screwing the pooch here. Especially if they actually go with the whole "focus on teen angst rather than crime fighting" bit they announced in conjunction with Marc Webb as director. Basing it on Ultimate Spider-Man, one of the least popular of the Ultimate books almost universally hated by readers.

the rights to spider man is worth billions...disney is not going to give marvel that kind of money, for spider man...would it be worth it probably.. but thats alot of capital and it would probably be the highest pay outs for the rights of an intellectual property in history. and sony wouldnt sell it for anything short, if at all. if this doesnt work they are just going go back to the drawing board.