Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm guy with big swollen hand (vid)

Iron Palm guy with big swollen hand (vid)

Is this normal?

Take a look at his right hand throughout the vid. Or look at when he puts his hands side by side at 2:34
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

If you read American Shaolin, The dude talks about the guys who do Iron Palm having oversized hands and the dudes doing Iron head talking with a stutter.

It's not so much unusual as preventable, I think.

I'm not really an expert on Iron hand. But there are plenty of people who at least claim the skill without deformities. I never seen any of them break a stack of four bricks though.

maybe he uses one of those f-cked up jows with mercury in it?

The chick at the end was cute too.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

if you train the iron palm and iron body the wrong way it can mess you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

that looked sick.....his hand is prob perm. damaged!

I Doubt it. I think this is more like a weightlifter who ONLY lifts with his right arm.

It's not swollen, it's massively over developed because he only does his one hand.

Wonder what it would feel like to be hit with that hand?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

ow

if you can read this your trying to hard
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

that would be funny, his jabbing hand is all small then comes the big cross
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    that would be funny, his jabbing hand is all small then comes the big cross

It would be like being in a cartoon fight. LOL
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I Doubt it. I think this is more like a weightlifter who ONLY lifts with his right arm.

It's not swollen, it's massively over developed because he only does his one hand.
    Not really. There really aren't many muscles in your hand to which you can cause hypertrophy, and even so, iron palm training doesn't cause hypertrophy in the first place. It's probably swollen due to scar tissue.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    so, using that philosphy...now, I'm thinkin here...if I take my..um...well,"Little Rikki"
    and basically, I would have to start small, (Hey, that's not what I meant) but..eventually, I can do to "Little Rikki" what that guy did to his hand.

...then I'd be King of the Beach.

It looks like that guy went through the last stage of iron palm or iron sand palm training. Basicaly stirring a pot full of iron filings and sand that has been heated to over 100 degrees with your hand. Apparently it is only done by people who already have children as the martial artist can become sterile . i dunno but no amount of weightlifting caused his hand to become that big.

Thank you, thank you...thank you all....

I ripped that clip off of the CCTV site. It was in the "related videos" section when I was searching for some footage from an amateur lei tai tournament I saw on TV.

I'll just come right out and say it since nobody else is: that is obscene. My Sifu has been doing iron palm for a very long time and his hands look normal. That is the wrong way to do it if you want longevity in your ability to hold a spoon when you're in your golden years.

However, if this got him out of the ghetto and feeds his family, then more power to him.
    A unique snowflake

Nice find, Iron. As you know, I'm a huge believer in hand conditioning. The first thing that turned me on to chinese methods was an article in Karate Illustrated back in the early nineties.

A gentleman performed an experiment for about three years, training his right hand against a makiwara with daily salt rubs, and his left hand in Iron Palm using jow (how he rubbed in the jow without getting any on his right hand is beyond me... maybe he used a rubber glove). Anyhow there were before and after photos, and the difference was amazing. His right hand had the callouses you typically see on senior karateka... his left hand was visibly larger than his right, but had no apparent damage.

I suppose if you do Iron Palm like you should, on both hands, you won't look deformed. You'll just look like you have big hands. Not counting the stains from the jow, of course.