Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

I Am Not A Legume EMJ

~242.8 lbs. (about 5 days ago)

Kung-Fu as I understand it has been very something. Bagua as it has been recently, the stepping is wrong. The Internal Arts Big Three- I avoid Hsing-I. Yang Taijiquan is focused on teaching form 1-2-3 style but there is very good instruction at places(6th Generation). Wing Chun people miss-out on shifting the body off-line at the feet-instead they might pivot like center foot yet you need to pivot one ball other is heel to align upper-body side-step in place. Hung Gar Tiger Crane is pretty uniform... Any way back to what I'm doing to get the comment Nuts about Kung-Fu.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I had at one point about Four sets of Squirrel's Taijiquanesque. I only fully recall the first set. I am reworking what I can recall of the second set.

Here's some Pedaler Squirrel [muffled audio;and some of me out of shot]-EMJ Pedaler Squirrel And Side Pedal Squirrel

Realized my changing leg might do with walking differently-my foot forward more, and standing with the leg out and flat for gentle stretch. It still might be imperative to Think Purple and Break Lightning Squirrel.

I was asked to teach someone Tennis, and so I have been designing lessons and exercises. I have been using a tennis ball to be resistance...if one is going to play tennis, control of the racket by flexible and strong hands until I could give pointers might be useful.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I spend my days with thoughts of moving to stay upright or to get-up with the least hurting of my unsettled thigh. I am finding that adjusting the foot or the knee-to-ankle leg, can reset the muscles or realign to not get signals of 6-8 level and moments of nearly intolerable levels.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_KnowI
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    It still might be imperative to Think Purple and Break Lightning Squirrel.
    Found some evidence of squirrel style in Kung Fu Magazine, of all places! Perhaps Gene could tell us where we could find Yuanming Zhang or Johnny Jang these days:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Good Catch, Someone Mentioned That Too Also: Squirrel Form In Xingyi

YinOrYan,

Sure, follow the trail or see if there is one with people related to the video. Did some looking myself since you did that find...Gene Ching also intimated that there was a Squirrel form in Xingyi (Xingi) (Hsing-Yi, Hsing-I) in this very thread.
    thread post #71Page 2 of this thread- Gene Ching mention pointing to Xingyi having a form called Squirrel, late September 2002.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 07-03-2022 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Adding the letter f to the word mysel
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

YinOrYan,

Sure, follow the trail or see if there is one with people related to the video. Did some looking myself since you did that find...Gene Ching also intimated that there was a Squirrel form in Xingyi (Xingi) (Hsing-Yi, Hsing-I) in this very thread.
    thread post #71Page 2 of this thread- Gene Ching mention pointing to Xingyi having a form called Squirrel, late September 2002.

No_Know
    There's probably more info on one of those old video tapes. It would probably be easy to tell if they were just making stuff up, or had some historical sources, or some mix of both. Either way, I'm sure one could find some unique moves in there to spring on your opponents.

Haha, "mysel" sounds like a Freudian-typo! Like you're looking to sell your kung fu to the highest bidder...

Alas, you guys are taxing my memories...

I trained alongside Dr. Jang and wrote a few articles with him. He's very knowledgeable and had a lot of obscure Xingyi stuff. As for those videos, if memory serves (and this is where you're taxing me guys) his video was replaced by the series that were done by GM Liang Shou-yu, Helen Liang & Yang Chenhan. You'll see all of that in the O-Mei Kung Fu DVDs section.

I'm not sure if Dr. Jang's VHS video was ever upgraded to DVD. The video department of TC Media was dissolved when the pandemic killed our print mag, and I doubt those master tapes were preserved, sad to say.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries

Killed The Mag But Hsing Yi Wood And Water Make A Rag Weaved Like Reeling Silk EMJ

I recall five element Hsing (Y)I ["e". I did Wood once. Jet Li in "The One," and later in the DVD "The Grandmaster" have examples of stereotypical powerful Hsing-I["e"]

I'll look... ....... .........

No_Know

Blog Entries

Moore Squirrele T'ai Chi Ch'uan form But Inspired By A Woman And Her Cat EMJ

232.0 lbs last night

I did see 228.8 lbs end of last month... but then the first happens, I buy the food I no longer had, and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat,-EMJ

Many thoughts--moments I do not exercise. Different lookings a Taijiquan. Ring Practice this morning. That I liked Bagua but palm not fist chang not ch'uan. That what I understood to be core to an art I do not see as general practice... But they...My mind should come to my thoughts and other than the thinkings others value.

I had a Taijiquan TCC like form. I made the form thinking of a reactor--Ashleigh Burton-- @Awkwardashleigh and her cat-Beans. I was looking at Pat the Wild Horse's Mane.. The technique looked like her holding the cat. I thought of TCC of which I was aware, and person's personality. Later was how to communicate my thinkings. It is just movements, but from where do they come... There is the form--to keep the moves, there is ... there was tolerance level of the practitioner. An eager listener might be literal or exact as me and not as me for her body-application appropriate to their abilities..person would not know that. effectively I would do each style of the form instead of merely mentioning it-which seems empty without grasping.

There are about fourteen moves. Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu attempt, Squirrel names by number--(of moves and or or techniques in general). TJQ has an opening an breathing----I might not be able to do that justice. Narrows it to two beginning moves to omit and three closing moves...When there is no going into deeper aspect stay near the surface--just the form as opposed to the taijiquan.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I like the competition level version-----it feels Nice!!...I just have to loosen it even more for flow and absence of thinking of.

Video of some sort soonish. Even though there have been thoughts of not being noticed by person too much-I can honor what I said about a form for her inspired by her cat and reflecting what I think of her:

*01) Sassy
    *02) I Am All That
    Transformation ending in--reacter naming matters versus ananimity for hold cat can be varied and the technique cannot be preserved as to the personal understandings and exposures - experiences of the listener.. Her Ashleigh Burton holding beans is iconic to me an resembles a splinter technique from PtWHM-TCC.-Ernie Moore Jr.

*03) Holding Beans
    *04) Let Beans Look-Out The Window (Show Beans The World)
    *05) Theatre!
    *06) Hi. Hello There.
    *07) Hello To You Too
    [a morphing move]

Morphing Move -involves a final position from a standardized previous position, but involves necessary flare that is not in the description nor the reasonable assuming of the end posture or ending of the technique.. --layering form with application of the technique from a potentially real opponent will give you these.
    [Specific cha

Practicing technique with thoughts of an uncooperative opponent being aggressive and reading Yang TCC transmissions of essence of TJQ I gather that the sparrow's tail is the arm of an attacker. Competition form can vary from practical application of technique. so trying any one form with all the styles--competition, application, health and doesn't care about the history or origin...can't be done without compromise of each at particular moments incorporating multiples even during the course of each single move.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Lets wrap this up----stuff to get to, to do, to get done. to maintain and up-keep, must do other than preference things. and be part of even if separate from-the World.-Ernie Moore Jr.

[my reason for SquirrelTaiJiQuan--
    *08) Ward-Off.......
    [pullback and down]
    *09) Press (in Squirrel it can vary but same side as Ward-Off was)

I'm saying vary because in Squirrel one might stop at a technique while in commission of a form and drill a single technique even repeat a pocket or two or more techniques that are a compliment. Also, refining by doing-reviewing-ensuing during doing a form once can happen--even alternating sides for balance of being attacked from the other side but using the technique in multiple directions.

[[I had to change my ways for more recent comprehension and use Transmission from Yang versus competition (24) I'm so used to and thought it was the way. This I need to read again but currently Push is a catlike move-brushing away the arm(s) coming-up-pushing-in from under still pushing then pushing-down.-Ernie Moore Jr.]]

Ended...there's return to beginning and then close that I added for her health to pull the side back thigh to gently stretch-out and open--Note the Open has a side-front press posture with breathing -this seems worthwhile potentially--it seems a good thing.-I No_Know

g2g I No_Know

Blog Entries

Squirrel's Stairwork: Leopard Paw, Leopard Fist.

232.4 (2 nights ago) lbs

To go upstairs in the house or downstairs I can move faster on my hands and feet. Also, I might rest my Femur to reduce the weight directly over top of it.-Ernie Moore Jr.

When I use my hands for this I had been using fists. Younger, more than thirty years ago I had an orange covered book--"The Unseen Mind Force Of Kung Fu." There are directions to doing practices. One Practice is a circular push-up--Lying Tiger or Sleeping tiger. There are three basic phases--Palm, Fist, Three finger tips (the first three digits).-Ernie Moore Jr.

I only practiced such things a few days a year for a decade or so. Yet I have had experience that leaning on one's palms the bone can get bruised--the hand is unusable for support. I could use fists as feet I would have been doing this for inside stairs. When the fists started to feel bruised, worn fracturing, I went to Leopard Paw And Leopard Claw--fists with a contact area middle phylanges 232.4 (2 nights ago) lbs

To go upstairs in the house or downstairs I can move faster on my hands and feet. Also, I might rest my Femur to reduce the weight directly over top of it.-Ernie Moore Jr.

When I use my hands for this I had been using fists. Younger, more than thirty years ago I had an orange covered book--"The Unseen Mind Force Of Kung Fu." There are directions to doing practices. One Practice is a circular push-up--Lying Tiger or Sleeping tiger. There are three basic phases--Palm, Fist, Three finger tips (the first three digits).-Ernie Moore Jr.

I only practiced such things a few days a year for a decade or so. Yet I have had experience that leaning on one's palms the bone can get bruised--the hand is unusable for support. I could use fists as feet I would have been doing this for inside stairs. When the fists started to feel bruised, worn fracturing, I went to Leopard Paw And Leopard Claw--fists with a contact area of middle phylanges and thumb tip or first distal phylange. Reminds me of Ying Jow Pai-Eagle Claw hand I got shown in an airport from a Brazilian School practitioner,, (Note in the 1990's they had a 9th generation chosen, I was introduced to at a Baltimore Maryland Kung-Fu Wushu International competition [Not competing], Inner Harbor [He is a demonstrator of the Form in the Fire and Rain (??) Production Company video cassette]).-Ernie Moore Jr.

Stuff used again and again gets tired of it (people included), I would punch occasionally to engage 2ndary and 3rdiary (tertiary). And with Leopard's Paw I also strike the stairs with the front and side. I switch, but I and weining myself from closed fist to Leopard Fist.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Note: by end of last month-March 2023 I was 228.0 lbs.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know

I could use fists as feet I would have been doing this for inside stairs. When the fists started to feel bruised, worn fracturing, I went to Leopard Paw And Leopard Claw
    That's interesting. I use leopard paws on the mat when doing yoga, not just because it feels stronger, but if you've even had your hand pinned down by someone's foot, it makes you feel less exposed. Some yoga instructors really hate when I do that, but that's their ego trip...

Blog Entries
    233.2 about 6 nights ago

Post #4 & perhaps #6 of this thread were show us posts and be plain about it... let's start

Pedaler Squirrel's Weaving Hand
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvAJODB...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Pedaler Squirrel's Linking Strikes
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvGQLYB...RlODBiNWFlZA==

If I find something to link,, there you go,, zi had bouts of using an item as an excurse to do moves on...

Using a repurposed item this one makes Pedaler Squirrel.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know

If I find something to link,, there you go,, zi had bouts of using an item as an excurse to do moves on...
    Just noticed on your IG that you post a bit of math. Wonder if you do kung fu math too...

Blog Entries

YinOrYan Wonders If No_Know Does Kung-Fu Math

232.x? +week ago

I was asked for My Squurrel Book so some (small amount) might learn Squirrel Techniques. There were so many, and I would have to do drawings in each manual, I said, Volume One.

I'm concerned what they are expecting. Many might think punches, kicks, strikes... Squirrel has only one attack. It was the choice to be biggly defensive based on an unlikelyness to excel at Strength, Speed, Deftness, Reaction, Conditioning, fighting skill... I realized every attack left me open-vulnerable. I might not have hand strength or the savvy to successfully complete a counter or grab. -Ernie Moore Jr.

I had chosen an animal upon which to base a Kung-Fu...I should look at that animal for its strongest attributes characteristics. A Squirrel stands. Ideally, I might use an extreme framework modled on my observations of a squirrel standing. -Ernie Moore Jr.

I No_Know if it was purely the squirrel stance mimick, or if I encorporated concepts I'd read about in manuals or gotten from movies and stories about how kungfus are to be.

The stance relies on leaning enough to create non tensed tension from one part to another requiring the previous part maintain an establishment-- be moored.-Ernie Moore Jr.

The knees are out, so that when kicked-in, they're only kicked-in to straight and resists buckling to kicked-in broken.

The feet are spaced so the thighs touch, and knees could fold to restrain the passage to the groin. The chain-lean I mentioned puts the groin back at least half as far as the feet are long. You can typically kick, up between a standing person's knees and catch the groin above the knees. In Squirrel On Guard stance...Squirrel at Ready--Ready Squirrel??? And Squirrel at Rest--RestingSquirrel or Merely (core) Squirrel Stance, the gonads or libia majora are ****her back than the knees are forward and a groin kick has a slightly or better chance to land with less impact if at all-I presume.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Ssssssoooooooo, going over techniques to include,, it's dismal, because Squirrel is boring and mainly just stands there. -Ernie Moore Jr.

When Kyle and I were looking at Kung-Fu Movies I came to add moves over the Squirrel, from the Squirrel, so that kungfu or fight moves could be looked at. And this began, Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I would select an attack on me and rationalize a functional reasonable response. I chose Internal kungfu as a core,, hated T'ai Chi Ch'uan so many liked it yyck), and disliked Hsing-(Y)I ( so hard and forceful). I did palm changes of original school Bagua Palm...but whattt?? Eight times out of a year for three or four years. Doing less each year and years in between. Bucksam Kong's Hung gar Tiger/Crane was my first form at eight...[ thank you movies-Shaw Brothers-Golden Harvest]. Hung Pattern Five Animal Fist,, Shaolin Five animals , TaMo's five animals, movie Monkey, Seven Star Praying Mantis 12 word formula, like first four words. Vagabond Kung Fu, popular Southern Drunkards Boxing.. looked at Tsai Lee Fo,,, Hop gar guard stances. Monkey style Paulie Zink, Drunken monkey form,,WoShu Monkey (wouldn't pass move 6 or 7) WuShu Drunkard Boxing, WuSong Breaks Manacles... so smatterings and more at concepts from muchly these.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Bone softening--Leg In The Sky, Well Spring Fist, Turtle back (just the massage), Iron Bull closed mouth, Iron Knee, Guitar Playing Kung (no bag) Lying Tiger, to fist. House of Lizard Kung, Herculese Elbow, Centipede Leap,, some of these more than others, but more at up to four days or so over years to decades.-Ernie Moore Jr.

As to kungfu math...Some of the exercises introduced doing a move a certain number each session. I realized I have three techniques if I include Pelaler Squirrel,, techniques that are numbered..-Ernie Moore Jr.

I realized I go by mive descriptions more than drawings.-Ernie Moore Jr.

The techniques are 33, 16, 27, Open The (3) Central Gates, And 5 Forearms. The techniques are made-up of techniques. In Squirrel, muchly there is no one move because a move is usually required after a move is issued. Squirrel is a Breathing. It uses kungfu looking moves to address breathing, and uses functional effective biomechanics--alignment-for smoothe breathing-forever breathing.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I avoid calling Squirrel a Kung-Fu except family kungfu... I try to be respectful of real Kung-Fu that needs-has lineage and history from a recognized authority. Gene Ching was gracious enough to include it as Other. I include punch kick things as Fun--a Squirrel requirement, I have to enjoy the move. Executing it Has to feel good!! But it's development through breathing, alignment and bio(body) mechanics