Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Hybrid View

honorisc Guest

The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Having connections with the magazine, perhaps you could provide me with research(ed) information.

Since Kung-Fu is considered to be Chinese, hopefully this research would extend to Chinese communities (all over the World)~.

Has there been or is there prior to this request~ (a orthodox(ed)) Kung-Fu called ~ Squirrel? What about this Style/System? Who teaches it? What's their lineage (How did they come to teach Squirrel-The Kung-Fu?) What age is the Kung-Fu?...Stuff like that. Thank you, if This Magazine resource even regards this request. I've asked two people high-up in their organizations (T'ien Shan P'ai and Hung Fot (Hung Fut). Their answers I take as law. A magazine such as this hunts for small uncertainties sometimes, because such a magazine as This is generous, as are all greats at one time or another.

Very Good :~>

Very some such,perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

GeneChing Guest

never heard of squirrel style

I have heard of flea style thought, but have yet to witness it. I also saw a style where the master made funny, twitchy faces like a squirrel - it was some sort of distraction/qigong technique, but I don't recall it being called squirrel. I suppose anything is possible. I you find out more, let us know. I love bizarre styles, even if their fake.
    ;)

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

honorisc Guest

Out more

Saturday afternoon, watching television, I used to see beautiful men with long flowing hair, who could jump thirty feet in the air. One day when my leg was hurting, I put my hand above it Without touching, my leg felt better. I would get Kung-Fu manuals and mimic the postures in the pictures or drawings and try to follow the directions. I got several weapons and thier manuals. Trying to figure out the weapons and do the forms was fun.

Eventually I had would-like for my own Kung-Fu. Given my exposure, animals (Heung family and Shao-Lin), I decided upon Leopard and Monkey--ferocity, flexability and playfulness. One day when comming to my house-place from junior high school I noticed a Squirrel on a wall near a tree near the path to my house-place. I looked and noticed it's thick thighs-I liked kicking. I thought about how a squirrel can from standing, jump backwards, rotate(?) in mid-air ninety degrees, and hit the ground running. I took this as an indication of good abdominals-I was at least pudgy. My Kung-Fu would be Squirrel. They have claws, they are agile and they are playful--Leopard-Monkey. I did not have tigers nor cranes in my yards, but I did have squirrels.

I watched them and thought about their movements. Tigers claw. Cranes flap and peck. What do squirrels do?.. They stand. I notice their stance. So I began by mimicing their stance. Even with their hips below their knees they are standing very upright. Squirrel practioners are to only stop standing when they fall. I often hoped to lose my balance. When Squirrel sleeps there is a positioning of the pillow to support half the stomach. And a positioning of the arms to support the upper body while one sleeps. Breathing and alignments, Fun and Comprehensions and Comfort make up Squirrel.

From the beginning of Squirrel that first night in the living-room came the nature of Squirrel. Exercises that were physically~ demanding, biomechanical(addressing near perfect body alignment~), looked good (nice looking/pretty/appealing), were Fun. There is no going beyond Comfort in Squirrel. But I would liked a Kung-Fu. That required a weapon, forms and fighting applications.

Weapon--I came to have the railroad spike as the weapon of Squirrel. It has a blunt end, at least two pointy corners, at least one (blade) edge, fits in a fistwhile extending beyond at both ends, it could be used to block a sword at least once--bludgeoning, stabbing, cutting raking...

Forms came later, but were founded from, what is likely or best to do next from this position. Eventually forms and small forms (techniques) came from wind, rain, waves of an ocean, Winter, stars, bugs, turtles, mollusks, construction workers' machinery, how people do their jods(work)...Yet not all of these were Squirrel.

I thought of fighting application. When on attacks one is vulnerable somewhere. Squirrel was to not have any attacks. The Squirrel practitioner would be deleloped enough as to be able to stand through many attacks getting hit and sometimes blocking untill the attacker(s) got tired. However, I went back to the concept of Leopard-Monkey and what is involved with Kung-Fu. So, there came that there would be one attack in Squirrel. When appropriate, strike to the throat. Grab. Lock. End fight(Death or submission). Later, two more general areas were apart of Squirrel. They were to incapacitate. Killing is not required; merely not anyone getting hurt. That's why no attacks. We could both get hurt. That's...there's no good reason we should both get hurt...since you want to beat me up, go ahead until you get too tired. Hopefully you did not hurt yourself beating on me. I would No_Know all of the possibilities of Squirrel. When I die, those who come after will use all that they had before they knew of Squirrel as I did. Keeping with the comprehensions of alignment and breathing, Fun and Comfort they would find the Squirrel that they can see. Their Squirrel is theirs. My Squirrel is mine. I noticed something I called it Squirrel. That is all~.
    I found that Squirrel was not a Kung-Fu. It required History and a link to the Soul that was China. And without such a background, It could not be a Kung-Fu. There was something else here, Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu. Ernie Moore Jr.s Kung-Fu was greatly influenced by Squirrel. While this is what allowed the attacks and defenses in the forms It was merely an identifier. I could not validly claim to have a Kung-Fu.

So I still have not Heard of a Kung-Fu called Squirrel. And I hope to not. This breathing of mine is a Nice thing to have with my beginning interest in, and current appreciation of actual Kung-Fu. It's the only significance that I can have near a World too far removed for me to achieve anything significant in it.

There are four Words in Squirrel. Here is part of the first Word.

As a practitioner of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel, the I that is, was, will be, is not, was not ever, will not ever be, fights intangibles, knocks the Sun and Moon and pulls the stars. The I that is, was, will be, is not, was not ever, will not ever be, is Complete. I am alone. I am all one. I am alone...I stopped saying it at the beginning of a practice because that would be too regimented, too ceremoneous. Perhaps it is in a Journal I still have. The Squirrel Book is no longer in my hands~.

Squirrel at almost any moment. It is a celebration of Joy--of Love. Imagine being attacked whenever. get out of the attack. If I cannont escape the attack, I must direct myself to not be unable. This is Squirrel. I stop when I care to. When I care to not continue, I acknowledge this- then continue. To acknowledge the would-like to stop, is to stop. From a place of not, one may begin (again). When I can continue I desist. It only matters that I could. Doing it to prove that it could be done might be considered wasteful and unnecessary. Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu/ Squirrel is what it's called~. Yet It is not a Kung-Fu. It s a Breathing. Breath, alignment, Fun, Comprehension, Comfort; some-such, whatever contains these things is Squirrel.

Most of the stuff in Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, to look at me you would say I can't do them.. But in Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu Squirrel the completion of the would-like is irrelevant-ish. Comprehension of what one would like-to occure and the starting of this is all that is required. It is in the Comprehension where a thing begins. Pushing a wall while barely touching it, with the comprehension of the wall moving, my whole body acts to achieve this. I become completely active to a subatomic level when attempting a theoretical impossibility. Yet to comprehend this develops me. My Self does not comprehend Impossible. So I can work myself from a subatomic level which tranlates on up through to macroatomic (superatomic:-)) structures, without perceiveable stress nor strain to me or my systems. Also I got the foundation of movement and mechanics of Squirrel from what I comprehended while washing dishes at a kitchen sink.

I normally wouldn't say. But it seemed appropriate as to your request.

This was Fun.

Very whatever some-such very good

[This message was edited by No_Know on 06-22-01 at 06:55 PM.]

GeneChing Guest

trippin...

sounds wacky
    send us some pics
    got website?

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

honorisc Guest

Website...pictures of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel

Any website is not related to Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel.

I've got two pictures online. Should I try to put them here, on this board? Or, where should I send them (I got double prints. If you (all) had would liked a copy)...

[This message was edited by No_Know on 06-26-01 at 02:39 PM.]

GeneChing Guest

just send us the links

we just want to see what your talking about.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

honorisc Guest
    One of two pictures

The other of two pictures

GeneChing Guest

nuts

The 1st pic didn't download for me. The 2nd pic, well, I couldn't see the squirrel. Is that you?

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

honorisc Guest
    Yes, that's me.

The Squirrel in the picture that downloaded was blocking in that stance. That's the Squirrel aspect of Erine Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel--doingat it's near impossible or most technical...it is Fun to face seemingly impossible situations. It works the Mind and broadens the database of how to cope.

The concept of someone all out (even some-out attacking)non loaded-gun type of attacking and getting thwarted by someone in that stance really pleases me--Fun.

Pure Squirrel basically just stands there. It's not much to look at at all. I used to call it boring. Not because it was difficult or didn't seem to work but because compared to fighting Kung-Fus, just standing there and getting struck and blocking until the others got tired and went away, seemed lacking. Yet, I find it thrilling...I liken it to being very Wu Ji in the T'ai Ch'i, and T'ai Ch'i in the Wu Ji...That daoist thing of before the yin and yang. And the yin and the yang containing that.

Also, Squirrel posture is maintained even in the stance you saw. Hips over toes; back behind hips; shoulders level and left where they are, upper middle back, back and up; elbows down and in, and in front of shoulders; Breathe Through Your Feet, or Barely Breathe; Comprehend. There is a line of Comprhension, from the heels to edge of my buttocksthrough the upper abdominals(bottom edge of the solar plexus plane to beyond the front of the shoulders.

Some-such

GeneChing Guest

squirrel fist

In Mandarin, squirrel fist would be song shu ying quan. song=pine shu=rat ying=form quan=fist
    Thought you might like to know that.

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

honorisc Guest
    To say it tickles me under my nose. I laugh. It sounds so cute.

Truely, truely, Thank you. :~>

Very for-sure, much-like, verklich

GeneChing Guest

no, thank YOU

Squirrels will look different to me from now on...
    ;)

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher

Furious Tiger Guest

WTF?

What just happened here? :eek:

Furious Tiger

honorisc Guest
    I asked if a certain kind of Kung-Fu existed. Mr. Ching replied that He didn't think so, but that I should let him know if I heard anything on the style I asked about. That, He liked differnt sorts of Styles-especially wierd strange unheard of types.

I then told him about something that I thought that He might be interested in knowing/hearing about.

I liked telling it. He appreciated hearing it.

That's all~.

GeneChing Guest

WTF? FTW!

Furious Tiger: What just happened here? That's a real good question you ask. But a more interesting question is - what happens next? :confused:

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher