Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Thumbs up you do realize its very hard to jump into this

I looked and noticed it's thick thighs-I liked kicking. I thought about how a squirrel can from standing, jump backwards, rotate(?) in mid-air ninety degrees, and hit the ground running. I took this as an indication of good abdominals-""""WTF

I'l try to jump in but you went a year with this post, so thiers alot of closedoor jokes?,Hmm.

thigh rash

nk: The movie is based on two stories from the book that Kurosawa fused into one. It's become a jargon term in Psychology - the Rasho-mon effect - which addresses competing perspectives on the same experience. Definately check out the movie. I felt Ghost Dog's literary references to the book missed a bit, but I liked the movie (any movie with a Shoalin monk and RZA is going to be interesting.)

dg: closed door jokes and open door illuminations. Me & NK have been knocking on heaven's door almost daily with this one. Just jump in, the water's fine. It's what any quick squirrel would do, yes?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

GeneChing

I'm still doing stuff with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel. Would you still be interested in a video or manual? Hopefully manual done by end of December 2002.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

People send me so many review copies...

...that I had to order a bookshelf to store them. Seriously. Not that I don't appreciate the offer, it's just that I cannot promise you that I'll get the chance to look at it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    No worries. You likely could still have a Happy life without reading it. If you really are interested in it you would buy it off the store shelf. :-)
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

That's reassuring..

...I think...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, could you please tell me more about this Flea style?

Fleas please

I don't really know much about it. It came up in a conversation with Mark Salzman, author of Iron & Silk. He married filmmaker Jessica Yu, who's mother, Connie, I knew from fencing circles (Jessica used to fence too, she used to kick my butt when we were kids but I doubt she remembers.) Anyway, Mark and I met through Connie and we were just chatting MA and he mentioned that he saw a flea style when he was in China. It was some bug-eyed guy who leapt about. He said it with a smile, implying that it was pretty odd. He didin't follow up on it and I never heard any more about it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Ehrni's Kung-Fu, Squirrel, Ehrni's Kung-Fu is based on fighting Kung-Fu's. Squirrel does thing to an extreme degree so that when done regular way I would be able to do it better.

I was reminded of these recently. Seemed appropriate to put.

(When attaching to a post, what's the biggest size?)
    Last edited by No_Know; 09-24-2002 at 01:36 PM.

Funny this should pop up again...

I just learned the squirrel technique of Xingyi. Made me think of this. I'm having a hard time with it. I can't seem to get in touch with with my inner squirrel. Plus is goes right into bear, which I'm also being challenged by...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Squirrel in Xingyi? Rats, looked for myself, No notice of it. That might be interesting.

Mentoin of Bear.

If it's thought to form boxing, and it's Squirrel (no disrespect intended) (there's more than twelve?), Squirrel would be smart like mice that don't get caught. Playful like monkeys.

Bear seems as though it would be about uprightness if related to shoulders...keep shoulders over hips stretch out that spine.

Mind what I say about your Xingyi Form Boxing. :-)

many versions of Xingyi

I think the squirrel is swapped out with the swallow. Or maybe it's just a mispronounciation. Let me get back to you on this.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Squirrels are fascinating little buggers aren't they?

They have highly developed fast twitch muscles which allows them to react incredibly fast to incoming threats.

It has been shown in research on squirrels that in the earliest stages of development, the fast twitch muscles are always working even when they sleep as babies. THis translates to the speed they exhibit as adults.

I can very much see how this would have interested someone from a principle development point of view.

Thye do have troouble avoiding traffic however. hmmmmn. relativity i guess.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Post Is it me or what?

duh,

Am i the only one lost here?

jmd161
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)