Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Threaded View

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Summery A Challenge, A Method, Practicing

246.4 last night (Was 250.0 lbs about 3 days ago)

Pedler Squirrel needs to be written. As I go, techniques done on the pedals-gear can be done in the air. I had been making Squirrel Taijiquan sets. There's about five sets. And three of those unfinished. The fifth examines the three ways Ernie saw to do the Single Whip. The other noticed thing was how Make the Ball seems to be a often used transition technique. One set might include a focus of these.-Ernie Moore Jr.

But I am to go to a real Taijiquan class. I had to start relearning forms. Relearn Yang 24 TJQ, Yang 32 TJJ (taiji sword), and continue learning TJQ Mixed 48. I found that they tweak the technique and it might not be the same in the form as it is in the style.

Learning the Mixed32 sword I started a repetition style learning. Squirrel principle is do it much
    so you naturally go to it...I do an early technique a certain amount of times. 200 is best. I settled for 36. tie together the last with the next and do the blend or combo. Ideally I could go through and remember all-the-way-up as I go. But more likely I would go through tieing two or three techniques in blend until I linked it all the way through. If I tell where I am we can mark my progress rate when I get done. This being watched might motivate. It has entertainment value but I also get it done.-Ernie Moore Jr. Note: not done today, not done yesterday. made it to Great Star of the Literary God or Stand on one Foot And Hold the Sword High and Flat Like a Level or a Ruler-EMJ...

"Always appreciate good feedback...but only from those who are more skilled (than I was 3 years ago) - please post you own video demonstrating the improvements you note in your comment "

I commented on a guy's Circle walking when he first started. I noticed he might be thinking the feet do not matter as much as the hands and that the point was the arms. He was critiquing himself on bad footing. Later (another video) he said his teacher indicated a person could focus too much on the arms. But he said that I should show a video of my own with the improvements I mentioned in my post. I was trying to be uplifting for him not doing as bad as he was saying and effectively I might boil comments down to have rooted stepping when doing Bagua (especially when it's only circle walking, where the conditioning and development happens [not all mentioned]). I made two or three short videos but can only use part of the one. It shows me doing and missing stepping as if in mud and getting it wrong and starting over, the importance of only doing it when you do it completely right. I didn't say improve just why it was not best. It felt as if he was saying don't talk if you are not better...Put-up or Shut-up. He said he doesn't take positive feedback from anyone who is not better than he was three years ago [when the video was submitted] This means show skill on the subject I submitted a link to the video at this link, Ernie_Moore_Jr.'s_mud-walking_skill_level

Squirrel's body alignment is based on Pa Kua Ch'uan I got from a book years ago and only understanding to take things I read contextually and literally so to me walk as if in mud I reflected and mimic how can one successfully walk, not just have your feet in it, but functionally walk in mud.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-06-2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: link change w/ words 1...2 lastparagraph;mimic(k),add aother c to sucessfully
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com