Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I hope to go with the self protect thingie of which KC Elbows speaks.

Ernie Moore Jr,'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel has a lot of stuff that I might consider practice. But it's going on during Life. It might be some kind of scary to applyone's practice stuff when there are no do-overs.

I might refer to Ernie Moore Jr's Kung-Fu, Squirrel as Tired Work...Hows about Tired Squirrel?..I'd like to keep my name associatedwith it, yet it gets to be "Squirrel" anyways. I connot whatever about a name-ish. I was given a name at birth. People don't necessarily know that name but might know me. If I comprehend that they are talking to me , however-ish called I likely respond. And all~ is good.

Getting hung-up on a name might be like/as resisting a grab; not best for you.

First an avi here on the head self-protection. Again this is relevant to domestic physical abuse. In my looking at the concept, the head is a major target in domestic violence. If a person can help it stay intact for even a few seconds it might get those involved passed the Vent. Part of domestic violence seemed to me to involve venting...Rage momentarily expressed. People in Anger seem to Anger-down after they hurt something valuable to them or Dear to them. And they attack those close because they do not feel powerful enough against the World~They attack those who will let them or who can be intimidated or who won't fight back.

Even when getting attacked the attacked (they might both be considered victim) might not want to Be attacked yet not want to hurt the attacker. Interference, temporary and efficient...a head tie (T.I.E.--temporary interference efficient and economical...T.I.E.a.E).

Ernie Moore Jr,'s Kung-Fu Squirrel should have TIEaEs (sounds like tie in necktie)...All I have is a Head Tie(tie is short, and economical-ish :-); those in the Know get-it, the rest just need something to call/label it. Some such perhaps.

I No_Know, but hopefully you do
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

this is a joke right

just to make sure u do know squirrel style (do) is a parody of shaolin do its not a proper style
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

a joke?

you'd have to read the whole thread GA, to be sure...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries
    Be careful in following the attack with which people lead. It can be the distraction you chase over there so that where they were trying to get becomes more available.

Each will or Won't choose for h er/im self.

There's a Tired Work theory~in part at least perhaps. If you were not hurt by it do other than hit back.

So (needle-and-thread), As to those pictures...hopefully This one uploads/downloads...

It should be a tall one-legged stance. This in part encompasses a totality of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel.

The one leg standing is for inviting a sweep. Hopefully my standing is good enough to take a sweep to the leg and stay standing. I do not have partners to test me. And it's better if I can stand after a sweep to the foot.

The knee up is for deflections and threat, threat of kick. Also defense as I in theory could stomp/jam incomming kicks from nealy all around me from certain angles.

The arm down mimicks squirrels as they stand. They do it It might be some good for me. This tends to be used as a lateral torso positioner. there are movements which nestle the shoulder/pectoralis area into a position of greater muscle denseness and less concious tension and seems to be useable for helpfu breathing.

The arm up is the position for kicks. Since I only practice, an Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel practitioner would go throught the series to get the arm into this position in order to kick; also go through the series of movements to get the arm out of this position--to rest it or it was tiring/sore/hurting...Theoretically this arm position also sets-up a perimiter rangeto be penetratedand the hand for another line of defense. Again maintaining this position does muscle densening/compression and works with breathing for me.

I No_Know, some might say
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

no come on

this has to be a joke i thought id seen it all when i saw toad kung fu
    are u serious ?

Blog Entries
    Serious.

Heung Kuen Five Pattern was one of the books I first studied from, and the green covered Tiger-Crane by Bucksam Kong was the first when I was eight. Kung-Fu theater obn television, manuals at home, being young, and the American theater when I got to early teens...I was interested in Kung-Fu and thought I'd like my own. Knowing mostly of Animal styles I picked the local animal that incorporated all I coud be iinterested in-ish.

Standing with thick thighs kicking came to mind--Kicking being a favorite thing of mine, and either one turning that moment or understanding that from standing they could jump back 180 degrees rotate from vertical to horizontal and hit the ground running I got that they had good abdominals~. I was at least pudgy...A favorite thing and a needed thing~ I would pattern a Kung-Fu relevant to Squirrel.

But you are correct in that I do not consider it real Kung Fu.

I like it though.

Talking well okay

the perfect form of self defense is different for each person
    so if it works for u then fine
    but if u plan on teaching it i suggest changing the name lol

Blog Entries
    Good mention, and actually thought about. Squirrel would probabally stay, but On going over teaching it, it would not get learned in the same order I did. And the person for whom I was considering it had particular aspects wanted. So (needle and thread) I would be taking only the things I thought applied to that particular person/student.

There's principle and base model. I did stuff for mechanical excellence extreme and personal fun preference. People have varying degrees of ability. This is factored in to Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel. Of the possibilities, following the principles, I can only go so far. Those who come after me might develop it further in certain directions. Another might mimick some and discover things at which I wouldn't look...

When I die and can no longer comment on how it's used it seems likely to get bastar dized out of my control. I do not control it. It Is. I merely notice aspects. If I can help another notice beneficial aspect for that one or them... Awesome!~

There's a story that is to be told. The person comming in does all the forms and techniques as they recall and somewhat care to do at the moment. This is their story in Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel. When I see their story, I understand their Background and their skill set and an esitmate of abilities/versatilities.

Some would not ever do nearly as much as me. The variety is less, the amount might be the same. One person only wanted fighting things. I would show person my lastest fun thing and then bring out the variance. The variance is the tweek that turns an impractical-to-the-real-world-fun-cutsie move simulating fighting theoretically, into a sharp no arguement point-blank useful-in-a-real-situation technique.

But when a person comes to me I go with the aspects relating to their preferences. People tend to, it seems, only want what they want.

Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel dies with me, theoretically. I hope to document it good enough to be a guide at least to those interested in the obscure or whatever to take a look and consider/contemplate. It's something I might like to do for me-ish.

Part of Ernie Moore Jr's Kung-Fu, Squirrel is Comfort. I come-up with it but might not do it again if it's Other than comfortable. Good on lack of pressure. How skilled or capable you are depends on you and your situations or how you deal with each. Since the base premise~ is something like, without it you are Dead, I practiced. And the practicing is to be done with the imagination--techniques must incorporacte thinking, resisting, lethal, opponts who counter the technique. Doing a technique through it's counter I thought might improve the technique...

One more picture to find and an avi to get together or the such for the Head Tie.

Enjoy what you can of the day. Breathe. Be well enough. Very Good.

I No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-10-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have that second picture. To be posted. Next would be the Head TIE.

Looking back at my video documenting of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel, it seems there was Squirrel stuff and Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu stuff. Ernie Moore Jr.'s stuff seemed to have forms with a technique or move as a theme. Perhaps a concept delivered within the framework of certain moves/techniques. Squirrel seemed to have Nature or the natural as a theme. I'm thinking if Truck-Driver Kung-Fu was considered Squirrel or Ernie Moore Jr. Squirrel might have it as whatever whichever, get the technique...it was set techniques that could be used intermixedly--formlessly, that seems Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu.

Anything Ernie Moore Jr's Kung-Fu has has as it's root Squirrel or Squirrel Nature.

There's the stem/root/nucleus part if it. Some one might take an Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu thing and refine it or use it as a basis/base for something they derived or came-up with which might be considered Their Kung-Fu. If they were true to Ernie Moore Jr. intent it is an extension or growth of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu. If they added their own ideas any of which were not in-line with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung Fu, then it's mucking-up-of, but Their own Kung-Fu.

It seems that if you incorporate Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu you are incorporating Squirrel at least a part of it. As Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu is Naught, without Squirrel.

I No_Know some might say perhaps...
    Last edited by No_Know; 11-02-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    There was a posture from a swowrd techniques manual--Dragon walking swordmanship where there was a resting position. It was a standing on one foot position. It seemed to me to be leg behind knee, opposedto the more seen leg on top of thigh (lower), which I had not ever seen to my concious knowledge supposedly.

The picture seemed to show a strong bend so as to look as though seated or nearly such. In the Squirreling I found a mechanics. place the ankle in the back-side of the knee and I could rest nicely at a thigh parallel to the ground position. Since I like my Hore-riding stances there too it was nifty. What bumped it into Cool wasthe stability I felt/thought I had while in this one-legged-seated-squat--Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's, "Upright Frog Hops on Lilypad"--In the Squirrel's first form (no other name needed at the moment, and quite descriptive) a person might assume this posture a total of four times hopping/stepping in a four point cross-section while alternating standing legs. This was a has been fun section.

The prayer hands is good storage while I move. It also helps with breathing as I lower it to the level of my in-elbows...the stance is Squirrel's Praying Crane the technique (I might suppose) in which it is used is Squirrel's First Form- Upright Frog Hops on Lillypad--not used to cranes hopping on lillypads-for consistancy I called it frog.

Blog Entries
    There was a posture from a swowrd techniques manual--Dragon walking swordmanship where there was a resting position. It was a standing on one foot position. It seemed to me to be leg behind knee, opposedto the more seen leg on top of thigh (lower), which I had not ever seen to my concious knowledge supposedly.

The picture seemed to show a strong bend so as to look as though seated or nearly such. In the Squirreling I found a mechanics. place the ankle in the back-side of the knee and I could rest nicely at a thigh parallel to the ground position. Since I like my Hore-riding stances there too it was nifty. What bumped it into Cool wasthe stability I felt/thought I had while in this one-legged-seated-squat--Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's, "Upright Frog Hops on Lilypad"--In the Squirrel's first form (no other name needed at the moment, and quite descriptive) a person might assume this posture a total of four times hopping/stepping in a four point cross-section while alternating standing legs. This was a has been fun section.

The prayer hands is good storage while I move. It also helps with breathing as I lower it to the level of my in-elbows...the stance is Squirrel's Praying Crane the technique (I might suppose) in which it is used is Squirrel's First Form- Upright Frog Hops on Lillypad--not used to cranes hopping on lillypads-for consistancy I called it frog.

Blog Entries

Head Protection Domestic violence (Head TIE)

The head self-protection for about what KC Elbows spoke has a basic form that resembles the attaced~ image.

I've recently called it head tie. But its what iu came-up with for protecting the head during a domesitc violence situation. Least common denominatoring it I got that the head was a main target and it can be an outburst. If you can defend for half a minute or so, it might be helpful.

The shown position has the elbow lower then I might prefer. The elbow should be elbow height by wrote. But even here it could still be helpful. (More images when I can).

This is identified as right-delta-Right.

I No_Know

Thumbs up

Thanks for the updates No_Know!!!

strike!

Blog Entries

Mechanics Head TIEE Squirrel

With the palm on the forehead a slanting outgoing shield is formed. the palm acts as a brace. the other palm either on the bicep or forearm near the elbow, also a brace.

The function of the brace is to move with slight movements of the body stemming from the abdominal or torso. Slight bends turns or twists here can augment slight movements at the rotator cuff. Braces in place and the two areas with only slight complimentary adjustments in the direction of frontal incomming straight, angled or rounding, might help to Temporarily Interfere Economically and Efficiently at the Head region.

The brace design allows for relatively quick change of defense from oneside to the other. A blocking, interfering, lifting-lowering slide as palms mirror exchange in effect. Palm at forehead goes to arem or elbow. Palm at bicep or elbow area slides to forehead.

This is part of the most basic of Head TIE of Squirrel.

Next is side of head/neck

Then interfering using slight movement of the elbow in space.

Keeping the five placements of palms to head and the coresponcing palm to bicep/elbow-forearm should keep the integrity of Squirrel of this technique...or perhaps some such one might say.

I No_Know

Blog Entries
    This is basically the first position or merely part of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu,Squirrel's Head TIEE...delta with the beginning of right.
    Last edited by No_Know; 12-09-2006 at 07:44 AM. Reason: pictures had more than just delta also shows right