Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Got My Knee Back

253.6 lbs (this morning)

My leg was bad. Thought it was all because of low chances to recover (four day minimum for good recover). But had a dead white blood cells bump form. Waited too long ans was getting absorbed. Leaked it sealing-up anyway and later got a new one reminding me get at this one in it's maturity.

Squirrel health theory:When one uses a body part it cgets closer to the body and squeezes the bad stuff--use makes that section healthier more efficient--a squezeable bump forms with juice or formed material white the dead white blood cells from a fight. squeeze it or functions get blocked....

I freed my stiffening leg nail wrenching a dead white blood cell thing...three they felt progressively nicer and my leg was blocked at the knee but now it's more open-so better.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

Weight Loss No_Know

255 lbs. (two days ago or yesterday)
    Saturday14September2019A
    It seems I have stuff to manage. The breathing when exerting might be a key in having lower numerals on the scale.

I found my school staff. I was very happy and had thoughts of practicing.

But Being able to get up can shift with recuperation. And thoughts happen and wonder. But I mind trained earlier to keep the foot traffic of it really could be bad off my mental floor mats. I need to understand it while not giving it voice. Speculation is a killer. Not wait and see, but live and see.

Gave relief by unblocking my knee recently--such a relief and weird for things to all of a sudden function more efficiently or at a higher level. Says mechanical things can be adjusted.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I have up to six things that might go into my mass management but only do two to three at any given day. Yet over weeks, even as-you-think-about-it efforts can manage a rise in mass.

We'll see no planning. Going to do some living. Hopefully breathe once-in-a-while...

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

Weight Loss Pettiness I'm In A Good Place; I Achieved A Good Plateau No_Know

I shyed away from looking:254. 2 or more Two days ago.

I had been 251 so...It's getting petty minding three pounds weight when I do not even find 260's familiar any more.

I have the Four Squirrel sets of T'ai Chi Ch'uan. I need a few more techniques to have a sample of core TCC, my understanding.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Even now I'm doing the belly shake--pressing the skin to the muscles--at the ribs, scour the bones. The idea the muscles activate from shaking not just sit-ups. So, excite big muscle groups especially before sleeping-in Squirrel exercise can happen during sleeputilize it so much moment space that is no skin off your nose to be working muscles as you are asleep-ish.-EMJ

One must include quick breathing; I prefer through the nose in and out. shallow to be quick--the body does the whole process no matter how fast you breathe-breathe many to most oxygenate the blood improving organ efficiency or providing fuel to so called fat-burn. The muscles seem to stay activated even after one stops press shaking.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Another Squirrel thing working-on. Rest when tired... sleep might not happen but get rest in so the system will less to slump when you are trying to be highly operational...-Ernie Moore Jr.

The legs can feel horrible, but the rare ranges of non active use they reset-ish and feel full literally refreshed...it's only momentary but Oh so nice the moments of Nice.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Blog Entries

Living With The Plateau;Learning Structure EMJ

254 lbs (last night)

And 248.6 about four days ago. If I have more than I would like I used to tend to have concern about going up in weight more then speculating more. Just doing here and there, now-and-again stuff helps to maintain a window of plateau. Even six pounds seems to affect how easily I can move my weight.

I would like to lengthen the four T'ai Chi Ch'uan sections I have, as I study the other techniques. I think the Squirrel Four should stand. And I should build on it to get a nice collection of rearranged TCC. But also not be so rigid that the Four Squirrel TCC is all. Ideally, it is Squirrel that the techniques should blend and flow and only the moment can tell me which is next and there is always one that can be adjusted to be next. But I will give a structure to practice the moves, yet suggests the blending, but there is no form only conforming to Appropriate--this perhaps is Squirrel. Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu (attempt)-Squirrel.

No_Know.

Blog Entries

Avoiding Avoidance

246 lbs (4 to 6 nights ago)

I made a Pedlar Squirrel. It is an applying Squirrel to the repurpose of an under the table bike-pedal rig. I am relearning Yang's 24--I have to go back to the Kung Fu School, the least I can do to class is recall how the form goes and have the practice and instructor refine basics. But I still started a fifth section to Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu (attempt),Squirrel's Taijiquan.

No Know

The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu

There is a Native American squirrel vs. grizzly style where the squirrel defeats the grizzly with arrowhead in its mouth. It is basically how to defeat your larger opponant by a thousand cuts.

Just skimmed through all 46 pages of this thread, (something I would only do on a Friday afternoon after a liquid-lunch) looking for "The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?"

I bet there was a highly developed kung-fu squirrel style, but its just not on the internet. Chinese history is so massive that if you look for something, you can usually find it. Someone's just got to crawl though a lot of physical archives looking for it...

Blog Entries

Looking For Things There But Not Noticed EMJ

I found a booklet with a movement style in agreement with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu (attempt) Squirrel. When trying to translate the title I came-up with it was perhaps Sparrow style or Swallow (bird) style as memory serves. But each person who learns Squirrel uses the principles and mechanics and it Becomes [Their Name (possessive)]Kung-Fu, Squirrel. One would do a technique Ernie does, but to the extent they can do it. As long as the mechanics are kept; then it remains Squirrel.

Squirrel is not taught, but whatever one gets from whatever, whatever whatever.

I No_Know
    Here's the book sans the front cover page.

Name:  Old Manual with Squirrelness MovesSnapshotEMJ2021.jpg
Views: 2423
Size:  47.4 KB

No_Know

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    I found a booklet with a movement style in agreement with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu (attempt) Squirrel. When trying to translate the title I came-up with it was perhaps Sparrow style or Swallow (bird) style as memory serves. But each person who learns Squirrel uses the principles and mechanics and it Becomes [Their Name (possessive)]Kung-Fu, Squirrel. One would do a technique Ernie does, but to the extent they can do it. As long as the mechanics are kept; then it remains Squirrel.
    That's interesting. The sparrows and squirrels both eat out of the same dish in the yard, sometimes close together. They both have the same approach: Keep looking up for hawks, grab fast and retreat to the shadows, repeat...

Blog Entries

Retreat Fast...Stay In Shadows

Retreat so fast my kick leaves no shadow? There is a Squirrel exercise for striking but initially for kicks from the technique phrase name No-Shadow Kick(s)...In dim light one is between light source and a wall to cast a shadow. Strike with leg or arm. When your strike is returning while the shadow is trailing--or your strike is faster than the shadow of it can keep-up; then, one's strike begins to become fast-Ernie Moore Jr.

I like coming-up with exercises that resemble Kung-Fu type things, yet do not like to practice much after designing. If I keep using it I might see it is flawed. If I design it and I can run-through it once and it seems Cool. Nice, Fun, Good, then I can think I have come-up with a nifty thing that should be situationally functional.-Ernie Moore Jr.

I am thinking that in Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu attempt Squirrel, retreat is seen as providing vulnerability. I decided that If I hide I can be found If I run, I can be caught. If I strike I can be blocked or it is not effective. what is the most defensive with least opportunity for vulnerability--stand there like a Squirrel. Condition oneself to Take getting hit until they get tired. When they hit a Squirrel practitioner ther bruise themselves or get damaged when striking. Either by the softness of where they hit compresses or the person moves during contact causing misalignment of the striking.-Ernie Moore Jr.

There are no Strikes in Squirrel, but there should be at least one so I made-ish one. Squirrel was literally pushed into a confrontation and a move was realized that was thought of as a kill[ing] move. Besides these There is no attack in Squirrel. To attack makes vulnerabilities. Deflections can be used. The kungfu like moves are Ernie Moore Jr.s Kung-Fu to have exercises that follow mechanical guides, or else it is not much to do to use it practically, if attacked. So the Fun Cool-looking-Cool-Feeling , Sweet, nifty, pretty moves for Joy of Being or perhaps some such one might say.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know

There are no Strikes in Squirrel, but there should be at least one so I made-ish one. Squirrel was literally pushed into a confrontation and a move was realized that was thought of as a kill[ing] move. Besides these There is no attack in Squirrel. To attack makes vulnerabilities. Deflections can be used. The kungfu like moves are Ernie Moore Jr.s Kung-Fu to have exercises that follow mechanical guides, or else it is not much to do to use it practically, if attacked. So the Fun Cool-looking-Cool-Feeling , Sweet, nifty, pretty moves for Joy of Being or perhaps some such one might say.-Ernie Moore Jr.
    Come to think of it, I did learn some kung fu in the early 80's that was very similar to squirrel moves and they were called grab-arts. They were very fast takedown combos of at least 5 moves each. Does anybody have any idea what could be the source of those? I will have to research them. Thanks for reminding me of them...

Blog Entries

Pre-Ernie Squirrel? I No_Know; News To Me; But Nice If If

244.4 (like five nights ago) prior was 245.2 (like 3 days earlier)

Preexisting Squirrel? I No_Know. I looked. I asked (a couple of) Grandmasters. Meantime...Contemplated stuff. Did stuff.

Pre-Ernie Squirrel, fast takedowns in a combo? Niff-Nea-ty. Ernie Squirrel might use Quickness in a move, but there kind-of is only one strike in Original Squirrel. That might should be fast, carried by breathing. Hopefully accurate then hopefully it establishes. But it is there for the sake of having, but should not ever hope to be used. Death of others is so repercussively messy. Do no harm which one cannot undo. Learn to heal and hurt to disfunction but not fully disable. Some are misinformed and act rashly and who likes a rash. -Ernie Moore Jr.

Do other than be Rash. Squirrel is not recommended because if someone need be hurt let it be the Squirrel practitioner. It is Squirrel If the hit of someone does not seem to hurt you there is kind-of no cause to hurt them. We hear they hit you hit them back. They hit you, I hope they hurt their hand. Whoever starts the fight makes noise and draws attention. If you strike bak, then your retaliation is the first strike witnessed. and is seen and perceived as the first strike Not true but try telling them and they tell the truth, they saw you hit the other person. No they did not see the other person hit you. are they lying? No Is it srtue for what-all went on?> no. But consider the lapses in perception, then proceed in good measure-EMJ. It is Squirrel to stop the ripples.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Stuff like that. I'd like to hear what I have not heard on pre-Ernie Squirrel. But waiting on what does not exist can be quite an exercise. Presumption as reality consumption , perhaps something other.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know

Blog Entries

Summery A Challenge, A Method, Practicing

246.4 last night (Was 250.0 lbs about 3 days ago)

Pedler Squirrel needs to be written. As I go, techniques done on the pedals-gear can be done in the air. I had been making Squirrel Taijiquan sets. There's about five sets. And three of those unfinished. The fifth examines the three ways Ernie saw to do the Single Whip. The other noticed thing was how Make the Ball seems to be a often used transition technique. One set might include a focus of these.-Ernie Moore Jr.

But I am to go to a real Taijiquan class. I had to start relearning forms. Relearn Yang 24 TJQ, Yang 32 TJJ (taiji sword), and continue learning TJQ Mixed 48. I found that they tweak the technique and it might not be the same in the form as it is in the style.

Learning the Mixed32 sword I started a repetition style learning. Squirrel principle is do it much
    so you naturally go to it...I do an early technique a certain amount of times. 200 is best. I settled for 36. tie together the last with the next and do the blend or combo. Ideally I could go through and remember all-the-way-up as I go. But more likely I would go through tieing two or three techniques in blend until I linked it all the way through. If I tell where I am we can mark my progress rate when I get done. This being watched might motivate. It has entertainment value but I also get it done.-Ernie Moore Jr. Note: not done today, not done yesterday. made it to Great Star of the Literary God or Stand on one Foot And Hold the Sword High and Flat Like a Level or a Ruler-EMJ...

"Always appreciate good feedback...but only from those who are more skilled (than I was 3 years ago) - please post you own video demonstrating the improvements you note in your comment "

I commented on a guy's Circle walking when he first started. I noticed he might be thinking the feet do not matter as much as the hands and that the point was the arms. He was critiquing himself on bad footing. Later (another video) he said his teacher indicated a person could focus too much on the arms. But he said that I should show a video of my own with the improvements I mentioned in my post. I was trying to be uplifting for him not doing as bad as he was saying and effectively I might boil comments down to have rooted stepping when doing Bagua (especially when it's only circle walking, where the conditioning and development happens [not all mentioned]). I made two or three short videos but can only use part of the one. It shows me doing and missing stepping as if in mud and getting it wrong and starting over, the importance of only doing it when you do it completely right. I didn't say improve just why it was not best. It felt as if he was saying don't talk if you are not better...Put-up or Shut-up. He said he doesn't take positive feedback from anyone who is not better than he was three years ago [when the video was submitted] This means show skill on the subject I submitted a link to the video at this link, Ernie_Moore_Jr.'s_mud-walking_skill_level

Squirrel's body alignment is based on Pa Kua Ch'uan I got from a book years ago and only understanding to take things I read contextually and literally so to me walk as if in mud I reflected and mimic how can one successfully walk, not just have your feet in it, but functionally walk in mud.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-06-2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: link change w/ words 1...2 lastparagraph;mimic(k),add aother c to sucessfully

Blog Entries

Show Me Challenge: Mud walking

A guy got insulted on my comments of his circle walking when he asked for comments. He said show the improvements I suggested in my comments. I analyzed but not advised. None-the-less it felt like how dare you? Who are you to tell me...I have a real teacher and train who do you think you are, how dare you? He said he does not accept positive feedback from people not better than him. I'm thinking who is he to evaluate-ish skill? But I think it was not honest, show your skill level before I listen to what you have to say...Refuse positive constructive criticism? I only gave objective comments, but didn't sugar coat.Here's an older one showing perhaps applied mud walking:Squirrel Mud walking on iceEMJ. here_is_the-Recent:No_Know on Mud walking

That's the basics...

Eu gostario de descansar...should go rest

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-09-2021 at 04:39 AM. Reason: add de

Preexisting Squirrel?
    Name:  ReconstructedDaoyin.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  97.9 KB
    The 37th posture in the Mawangdui Daoyin from Western Han (206 BCE-9 CE) is likely squirrel style...

Blog Entries

Mawangdui Posture 37 Squirrel?

The Standing seems like Ernie Moore Jr. Squirrel, However the reason was for the stances and accompanying descriptions was for health activity and cultivation. and not necessarily considered as a Style of rodent, Even one with a good tail. Yet that it relates to health or qigong does also line it with Squirrel.

No_Know