Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

summertime come and gone, my oh my

So should we start hibernating now?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: nuts

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Actually KC I think you cracked that nut clean. I was just postulating for the sake of argument. Darting to and fro, you know, as a squirrel might. Still having a hard time with the squirrel section of my xingyi so I like to grapple with this thread in hopes of some enlightenment. Besides it's the longest one on this forum so I got to keep feeding it nuts, so to speak.
    Hmm. GeneChing, No_Know and KC Elbows. I think this thread is packed with nuts.

So, obviously you have no need of me here.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

No need Serpent. There's always room for a "Snake in the Squirrel's Den" section of the thread.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

serpent vs. squirrel

You should be hibernating too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, the squirrels out here are still hard at work. I expect in the next couple weeks they'll go quiet, but right now, it's still insane bravery in the name of nuttiness.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

We got squirrel madness here too.

Bury those nuts for the winter
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: serpent vs. squirrel

Originally posted by GeneChing
    You should be hibernating too.
    Don't forget hemispherical differences. I'm just getting up and about!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I actually think that there is not a need for sleep. I realized that after that thought ants theoretically did not sleep. It was encouraging. I find that getting surprised brings me up from certain fades to unconciousness. Theoretically there should be ways to conciously shift into levels to rest without sleeping while doing awake things. -ish--one of Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's concepts-ie.

I came out of the Supermarket and was told watch out for the snake. Disbelievingly, I continued then looked back to where I had been. Seeing a coiled snake was interesting. I studied it's coiledness and found it in-line with a muscles thing (Old Recent Squirrel) I was looking more into recently, from that moment.
    -ish

There are aspects of my awareness of snake in Squirrel-they both have abdominal.

Today I understood the coiled snake's striking comfortablly (after studying (looking at it).

This seemed a relevant mention in light of recent posts to this thread.
    Last edited by No_Know; 11-01-2002 at 09:44 PM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

We could fuse the styles

Snake and Squirrel, sort of like Tiger and Crane - I could see them as complementary.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    There's not enoughThat's solely Snake and even less that's Considerably Squirrel looking.

Squirrel is a framework more than a body of works...

I hand to beable to go through at least ten KungFu manuals on Pa Kua, Chin-na, Tiger/Crane, Hung family five pattern, Shaolin five forms fist, Shaolin External Kung-Fu, Snake sstriking form, Wu-Song breaks Manacles, Spear, Dragon Walking Swordmanship, Hung Gar's five stances, Drunken (eight immortal)...Lizard training and stuff from the Unseen mindforce of Kung-Fu...before I could even Stand in Squirrel.

I call it Ernie Moore Jr's Kung-Fu Squirrel. It's not Kung-Fu. and there was so much forms and notions from Manuals movies and where ever that It might not even be mine. And you saw those stances Gene (at least one) It is losely Squirrel-like--not apparent.

Snake is only one of the animalish-nesses in 2d'Kung-Fu, Squirrel.

Theres even osteritch when doing one of the styles of running.

So, if someone actually comes up with an actual style? form System , Kung-Fu based on Squirrel, Awesome and combined with some style of snake? Way to go! But not here.

If there is anything here, it's integrated like mist. I merely use the reference word Squirrel. And Ernie Moore Jr's because I'd like to Have something before I die. And Kung-Fu, because I thought is was a nice thing and I wanted one. Perhaps even if only in name.

It's breathing and comprehension, Fun, and extreme body(bio) mechanics, and not going beyond Comfort--a study in movement and design...two of the most base factors in all that is, for each Now.~ By Ernie Moore Jr. ~
    Last edited by No_Know; 11-05-2002 at 12:42 PM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

integrated like mist

There's plenty thats solely snake. So many snake forms! It's the squirrel that's confusing. But I like the idea of bring ostrich into the equation. Now there's an animal that could be combined with another to make something interesting.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Go-Go Gadget, Noah's Martial Ark.

Blog Entries
    It is so very nice to have a thing similar-ish to Kung-Fu based on an animal that one sees fairly regularly. It's like "I want to be lazy, like the dogs in the yard." And then I glimpse a Squirrel. I must acquire the uprightness of squirrels and properness of their being, perhaps incorporated in what I have done. It seems at least some kind of nice.
    Last edited by No_Know; 01-12-2003 at 07:57 PM.

Ice Age

I recntly rented Ice Age for my daughter. She was laughing histerically at the mammal storing nuts, saying "funny squirrel" over and over. Made me think of this thread. So are we out of hibernation now? Seems a bit early....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Autumn/Winter is the only parts of a year a person could begin Squirrel.

The cold to contract the muscles. Numbs me so (needle-and-thread) that I get extra stretch. Lowers my body temperature so that I can practice longer. Also, controlling to tolerate the chill soaked muscles and such, exercises the internal organs with Shiver.

Ice is helpful for training maneuvering (which is guided by abdominals, posture, breathing and Joy~. The snow provides target points for palmstrikes and study of the opponent getting through my defending...Chasing leaves develops Pounce--learning Moment (I had not put that until here).

Squirrel favors the colder seasons yet learns from Each.
    Last edited by No_Know; 01-13-2003 at 06:39 PM.