Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

good for you

My daughter told me I should go veg again last night. I've never kept it up for more than a few months. I'm a bad buddhist...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I used to have a book on meridian Qigong. Reading the Master Tu issue with the mention on p. 13 Kung Fu qigong magazine, I started something that might be referred to as Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's meridian qigong.

However, I just realized today, that Something I got from a dead-ish tree was addressing this concept of meridian qigong. That was interesting.
    Last edited by No_Know; 03-27-2003 at 11:50 AM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Glad that stimulated some ideas for you.

Personally, I don't think you can penetrate qigong very deeply without engaging meridian theory. Maybe you wouldn't need it for some of the longevity practices like baduanjin, but for the martial ones, it always seems to come into play at some level.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    I was walking around a car the other day. I realized that thoughts I might have for proing my skill or getting recognition, I do every Day with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel. Certain ways to walk. Some inhalations of good air...I realized to enJoy BEing. -ish
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Last weekend at the Zhang San Feng festival

The ZSF festival was held at East Strousberg campus and it was crawling with squirrels. Thought of you.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    When I was comming-up with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel based on Kung-Fu as I thought of it, was fast and on then off--punch withdraw. Barely cantacting except to hit.

I was prepared for that. I thought. I cannot ever Know. I did meet somone who had gentle attacks but he could have gone harder. It helped me think about, were my concepts correct.

Still good. But conditioning and managing endurance...I wouldn't last long continuously nurturing attackers. But if I Could disable the person, that is most sensible for me (current ability level).

Sad-ish that a persons bad~ attitude might cost them their life. Intimidating to think that it can cost me mine.

Blog Entries
    There was a strong wind with yesterday's rain. Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel had Torrential Rain. But I did not realize that I might get Wind from that. The rain yesterday shifted. Blown randomly following me around the wall, though slowly.

I now have a Wind aspect to Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel. I've actually been doing it. But now I can study/analyze it to increase efficiency with it.

Be well.

I just got back from a camping trip at Grover Hot springs...

...lots of squirrels. One stuck his head in my lap as I was eating. Startled me. Most of the squirrels up there carry bubonic plague fleas.

Did we already discuss the definition of squirrel in chinese? I'm too lazy to review all the posts...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    I think that the meaning actually didn't get discussed nor mentioned.

I'm recalling it as referring to soong-(Evergreen) tree, shu-mouse.

Rest well. Wake well.

Be well.

xiao xiong

it's also known by the nickname xiao xiong - little bear.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That used to be one of my nicknames back in the day...

As far as the plague is concerned, we have these prarie dogs that are protected.. even though they carry the plague.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Blog Entries
    Informative. Awesome!

I have a brown look to me. I've been called Black. And described as a bear.
    My first Chinese name I named myself and was called was Little Mountain. My first Chinese name I was given was Da Mo. My last name is Moore. And I have attained massage.

I have been called Two. Er (ehr) in mandarin means two. When I made-up symbols for the numeral two...I later noticed that Aikido has that symbol as a core of itself. I like strength through yielding...

Things are comming together for me. :~>

When I was comming-up with Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel based on Kung-Fu as I thought of it, was fast and on then off--punch withdraw. Barely cantacting except to hit.
    HMMM... Have you ever looked at Han Pul? It's a korean art which sounds very similar...

http://www.the-spa.com/sommha/Han-Pul.html

is one link... don't know any others...
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

xiong er

er (two) is a ****nym for er (ear). damo was buried at xiong er shan (bear ear mountain) near loyang in henan.

things coming together any more for you now no_know?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Looks like comming together much more.

ZIM, I had not heard of Han-Pul except seeing it listed some months ago or so. Similar sounding. Thanks; however Han-Pul We might all be doing the some of the same concepts. the significance is in the delivery. How we convey those concepte might can be different. And I think there are ways which I would Not choose to use to convey concepts.

Yesterday, I went walking along a path to get to a spot I had found to be away from things. I got in work with metal rings, a three-section staff and a Chinese double-edged sword. That was very nice.

The ringwork is Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel-ie also, was the Three sectional staff work, which is being investigated byme mostly only recently (hands-on).
    Last edited by No_Know; 09-05-2003 at 11:47 AM.