Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ring girls thread

Might as well contribute. That UFC host on UPN is in Playboy this month.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

It's all about Rachelle Leah for November

Here's Rachelle's official site. It's nice. I expect to see a lot more of her in about two weeks.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wtf can't MMA guys keep this thread on top?

Did I ever tell you how Tiger Claw outfitted one of the Girls Next Door? It's actually in our next issue, the Sep/Oct 2009, on the newsstands 8/4/9 - you should subscribe for that reason alone...

Former Playboy, ‘Girls Next Door’ star Madison to be UFC 100 Octagon Girl

Holly Madison appears in Dana White's latest UFC 100 video blog wearing an Octagon Girl uniform and discussing an apparent guest appearance as an Octagon Girl at Saturday's UFC 100 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. (Screen capture from White's video blog)

It appears that the UFC 100 is being taken to new heights just about everywhere we turn.

There’s a big list of above-and-beyonds for UFC 100, and we’re promised more surprises once the weekend starts.

It looks like one of those surprises will come in the form of a guest Octagon Girl, Holly Madison. Madison appeared in UFC president Dana White’s latest UFC 100 video blog, and from the conversation they were having, the cat’s out of the bag.

It looks like Madison will join regulars Arianny Celeste, Logan Stanton and Edith Labelle as Octagon Girls for the historic card at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Madison also Tweeted on Sunday and Monday about the gig. Is a return appearance from Rachelle Leah in the works, too? That’s another hot rumor.

Madison is the former No. 1 girlfriend of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner and was the star of “The Girls Next Door,” the E! series based on Hef’s relationship with her, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson. While Madison was never actually a Playboy Playmate, she did model for several issues. She also recently appeared on “Dancing With the Stars” and is currently working on producing her own shows. She and Hefner split last year, and she left the Playboy company, where she worked as a photo editor, earlier this year.

Madison appears with White in a UFC office wearing a red Octagon Girl uniform. White even gives her advice on wearing comfortable shoes, saying that walking outside the Octagon can be tricky because of panels on the floor. White also says the UFC will plug Madison’s new show during the broadcast.

Madison is not new to the UFC — she attended UFC 98 in May, sitting in a floor seat with a friend. She also briefly appeared in White’s video blog that time, as well.

Madison appears in the video blog starting around the 1:10 mark until the 3:25 mark.

Apart from having three fights that would carry by themselves any other pay-per-view, the UFC: is having its first Fan Expo; is inducting Chuck Liddell and Tapout founder Charles “Mask” Lewis into the Hall of Fame; put out its first UFC magazine, launched to coincide with the historic 100 card; is partnering with Maxim to do a model search for the next UFC Octagon Girl; brought in another big-ticket sponsor in The Weinstein Group, which will promote the new Quentin Tarantino film “Inglourious Basterds” during the event; is rumored to be giving out, appropriately, $100,000 bonuses at the end of the night for Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night and Submission of the Night — though we’ll have to wait until the post-fight press conference to hear who wins and what the amounts actually are; is giving away commemorative pieces of the Octagon canvas to 100 lucky newspaper readers, including readers of The Times and nwi.com’s MMA site (click the link for the free and easy contest entry form, no strings attached); and, we’ve been led to believe, much more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Over a year and no ttt? What gives, guys?

I'm bumming over Barry's defeat, but this article perked me back up to face the upcoming week. It's totally indulgent, but worth 25 clicks, methinks.

25 (Mostly) Sexy Reasons to Get to Know MMA and UFC
    By Thomas Delatte (Featured Columnist) on October 1, 2011
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2020!

Nearly a decade and no ttt? What gives, guys?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ring girls useless? srsly?

I only attended one UFC fight and was seated next to the ring girls. They were far from useless from my perspective there.

'USELESS' Khabib brands UFC octagon girls ‘most unecessary people in martial arts’ in scathing attack questioning their ‘function’
    Chisanga Malata
    14:31 ET, Aug 24 2021Updated: 15:15 ET, Aug 24 2021
    UFC legend Khabib Nurmagomedov has launched a scathing attack on octagon girls, branding them 'the most necessary people in martial arts.'

For decades, scantily clad women have walked around boxing rings and MMA cages between rounds to inform those in attendance of the upcoming stanza.

The UFC's octagon girls have been part of the furniture since the promotion's inceptionCredit: Getty

But Khabib Nurmagomedov reckons they're the most necessary people in martial arts'Credit: Getty

The Eagle has no issue with ring girls but believes they serve no 'function'Credit: Alamy

The practice, however, has come under scrutiny in recent years, with some labelling it archaic and outdated.

Former lightweight champion Nurmagomedov is part of that group, saying during a recent press conference: "Look, I don't want to offend anyone. Ring girls are the most unnecessary people in martial arts.

"What is their function? I have a question: You can show that it's the second round on the screen.

"There are people who understand martial arts and they are walking. This is my personal opinion, Kamil.

"I don't want to impose it on you. I think you have your own one about some moments.

"I think they're the most useless people in martial arts. What function? How?

"Do they develop the sport? Or do they help people to see that it is the second round now?

"What are they doing? Tell me, please."

When it was put to Khabib, now promoting the Eagle Fighting Championships, that ring girls have been embedded in combat sports for decades, he replied: "I realise that this history.

"History knows many mistakes. We read history to avoid mistakes of the past in the future.

"If we look at history, it says they are useless. That is my personal opinion.

"Dana White [UFC president] maybe likes it, maybe you do too. But my name is not Dana, my name is Khabib.
    Ring girls are the most unnecessary people in martial arts.
    Khabib Nurmagomedov
    "Since I am inside this theme, we have already said we will not have such things."

Nurmagomedov's late father, Abdulmanap, famously stood in front of octagon girl Luciana Andrade as the Eagle gave a brief interview after the ceremonial UFC 242 weigh-ins.

The Russian has no issue with the ring girls themselves but admits they made him uncomfortable when he attended events with his father.

He added: "For example, I sit with my father, every person has his own preferences, cultures and values I come to fight night and sit with my father and those people are passing by and showing people that it is the second round.

"But no one looks at the plate. I feel uncomfortable with my father. I am not against it.

"If you want you can do it. But don't impose it to me. Do it aside. There are designated place for it.

"I think we must not mix all of it. This is my private opinion. We develop sport here, first of all.

"There should be some show elements for sure. People want to come and watch, it is interesting for them."
    threads
    Ufc-229-Oct-6-2018-Khabib-vs-McGregor <- just depositing Khabib stuff here...
    The-ring-girls-thread
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The topic is a good example of tradition practice lacks rationality behind it when examined seriously. But most of the times, we do not do so. And we take such practice hangs down to us as the Bible truth that we should follow.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong