Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja Master Godfrey Ho

1. Thunder Ninja Kids

That Clash of the Ninja DVD I got, is defective, in that it has the wrong movie on it. The movie that comes on, when I hit play, is called Cat Vs Rat. I'm not sure if it's the Shaw Brothers one or not, it is dubbed, the the picture quality is very low. It's on the budget label, Treeline, aka Digital 1 Stop. I still would like to get the Clash of the Ninja movie, but I am thinking maybe they are all like this, or maybe not, I don't know. I can't find anyone who has it, so see if theirs is messed up too.

Anyway, I got the Thunder Ninja Kids DVDs today. I watched one, In the Golden Adventure. And this was great! It was so bizzare and nuts, and had a few laugh out loud parts of absurdity. Even some Krafwerk music. Lai or Ho, they seem to like the same music I do. In short, it was really enjoyable. All of it, the Ninja action, and the kids part. But I would not call this a kids movie, it was full of extreme profanity.

I have noticed, the IFD releases seem pretty decent quality, at least for what they are. All the one's I have seen though.

But what really sucked to me, was, Ninja in the Killing Fields. I have read some say that Godfrey Ho is Tomas Tang, well, I don't think so. Killing Fields was a Filmark, Tomas Tang thing, and it did not have even a portion of the Godfrey Ho quality. Even the ninja scenes, were very small, though the very last fight was OK, it did not have the Ho flavor to it at all. It was more on par with Ninja Vs Ninja, which I read was a Filmark release too, though my copy does not say that.

Anyway, if the other Ninja Kids movies are like that one I just watched, and you like the IFD ninja movies, I'd recommend them.

Chosen One

mr. ho

he is currently teaching filmmaking in hong kong at the polytechnic univeristy. he was like the top b hong kong movie guy. he had a cut and paste style of filmmaking he would shoot a film and then get footage from unfinished hk,phillipino or taiwanese films and cut them togather and use voice dubbing to try and make a coherent story, that way he would get like five films with the budget of one. he didn't do this all the time but one some of his films, he was also known for using caucasian actors. he retired back in 2000.

There are many movies that Ho, Tang, and Lai just dubbed and put there names on it. Aside from the weird white ninja footage, Ho didn't direct much himself. 90-95% of his stuff is not his own. Look at secret Executioners with Hwang Lee or Revenge of Drunken Master with Eagle Han. He just did the dubbing and called himself director. Same with all the dragon lee movies.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

4. Thunder Ninja Kids

OK,

I have now watched all these Thunder Ninja Kids DVDs I could find. Tell me if there are others. Here is my thoughts on them.

The best one was In the Golden Adventure. It was funny, entertaining, well put together, and I found very enjoyable. The added caucasion actors and Ninja action was good too. The transfer looked pretty good, and it was unedited of it's profanity, which was also a plus. This is an IFD film, Joseph Lai Production.

Next best really, to me, was Little Kickboxer. This was a full on asian movie, with no ninjas, and no spliced added footage, such as caucasion actors. Basically about a kid who is bullyed, and learns Tae Kwon Do, with an revenge element. This is a Filmark Int. Tang Production. This was very Rocky esque to me, and I enjoyed it. Worst thing about the transfer was it was a bit dark. I don't recall any profanity, edited or not.

Next best was The Wonderful Mission. This is also titled on the screen Thunder Kids 2. I think Golden Adventure said Thunder Kids 3. Which did also have a boxed statue as the main plot, as does this one. This one is in pre-modern setting. It was OK. The spliced caucasion scenes, I guess are Ninja, but they didn't wear regular Ninja suits, but modern protective head gear, which was out of place for this movie. It's also an IFD/Lai movie. The profanity is edited out. I guess they do this to play on TV, and the DVD company get's that version.

Worst was: Search for the Devil Boxer, mainly because it was stupid and made no sense. Something about a UFO, which makes kid ghosts rise from the grave, but the kids in similar suits had face make up and hopped, but a ghost girl didn't. The spliced caucasion scenes were OK, and started out pretty good. This is one were the spliced in caucasion stuff is better than the asian footage. But the story just didn't make sense, at least to me, and the profanity is edited out too, which does make a negative effect.

They were cheap, and OK overall. The first one was best, and the second had it's points.

Chosen One

5. Red face Clash of the Ninja, NOT!

Well, as I mentioned before, I bought Clash of the Ninja DVD, and it was brand new and sealed. BUT, it had a manufacturing defect, and was not the right movie on the disc, even though all the packaging and writing was for Clash. When I hit play, a title card came up that said "Cat Vs Rat". Well I looked up "Cat Vs Rat", and the movie on this disc, was not that. What is on the disc, and, I watched it yesterday is: Fatal Needles Vs Fatal Fists.

And it was pretty good. I got a refund for the defective disc, so I got this free basically. I don't know why it said "Cat Vs Rat". But, it's Fatal Needles Vs Fatal Fists. It's Ocean Shores release. The pic quality was low, vhs transfer. But I really enjoyed this movie.

Also in the mail today, I got the Shaw Martial Arts Legends 10 movie set.

I'm still waiting for Ninja Terminator.

Chosen One

PS! If anyone has Clash of the Ninja, please let me know. If you have it on that Treeline label, and yours is not defective, please let me know, I'm unsure to chance buying another if they may all be defective.