Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chick has some mad skillz

chick has some mad skillz

She has some sweet balisong manipulation skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwq8-ynH2w

- 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Good find. Same chick.

yeah thats hawt no doubt, but can she castrate a moving pig?
    where's my beer?

Cool.

Too bad the vid rez is not clear enough to actually see every move.

(either that, or she's just too d@mn fast...)
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

imagine what else she could do with that knife? shes got all the boys here on alert. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    imagine what else she could do with that knife? shes got all the boys here on alert. :P
    TTT.......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I never understood the point of this particular form of martial art. Is there more to this style of knife fighting than opening and closing your weapon as you twirl it? Why not just open it and use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I never understood the point of this particular form of martial art. Is there more to this style of knife fighting than opening and closing your weapon as you twirl it? Why not just open it and use it?
    why dont the harlem globetrotters just play basketball?

why dont figureskaters just race?

why dont people who can do cool **** with lighters just light their **** cigerette.

somet things are just not questioned out of their own inherent coolness. except figureskating. figureskating is teh ghey.
    where's my beer?

if someone pulled out a knife and did all that twirling stuff i would be like hmm, and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Dexterity, confidence and ultimately, intimidation.

I'm with Lueb, though - outta here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

More fights are won through intimidation than technique

Personally, I've survived more encounters strictly through intimidation - they never went to blows. Also you can often predict who will win the fight, especially in boxing and MMA, during that first face-to-face moment just prior to the fight. It's sheer intimidation.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Personally, I've survived more encounters strictly through intimidation - they never went to blows. Also you can often predict who will win the fight, especially in boxing and MMA, during that first face-to-face moment just prior to the fight. It's sheer intimidation.
    The face-off is important.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Yes.

In the daga y daga portion of arnis, while using the balisong. Various twirls are either blocks that turn to stab or slash. They can also be used to trap and disarm another balisong. Of course thats a double edged technique, since it can be done to you as well. They are also used as faints to certain moves. There are some open balisong technics where they are used to assist in Chin Na like applications.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

The Batangas or balisong knife is really not filipino, its actually French in origin.

It's believed from france the spanish picked it up and during the course of their trades and occupation of the philipines the Batangas area then started making the blades.

As for the odd twirling, that is for mostly amusement and fun. It's a utility knife at heart but when used in a logical fashion, the twirls are just for show or intimadation.