Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i busted my arm ,help

I wouldn't take medical advice from a guy that spells like a half-pizzed mongoloid reading a fortune cookie.

Aussie. Figures. I hate Aussies!

Why oh why oh why does everyone put on deep heat and take hot baths for fresh injuries????? IT MAKES THEM WORSE!!! While you get very brief symptomatic relief due to the muscles relaxing, it makes the bruising much worse, making it more painful for longer
    For the first 24-48 hours rest, ice compression and elevation. It's unlikely that you've broken anything, you've likely sprained your lateral collateral ligament (very common from armbars, indeed, I'm suffering myself at the minute). Take it easy, regular painkillers and ice packs, and it should be right as rain in a week or two. If you're concerned, or the pain gets worse, see your GP.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Why oh why oh why does everyone put on deep heat and take hot baths for fresh injuries????? IT MAKES THEM WORSE!!! While you get very brief symptomatic relief due to the muscles relaxing, it makes the bruising much worse, making it more painful for longer
    For the first 24-48 hours rest, ice compression and elevation. It's unlikely that you've broken anything, you've likely sprained your lateral collateral ligament (very common from armbars, indeed, I'm suffering myself at the minute). Take it easy, regular painkillers and ice packs, and it should be right as rain in a week or two. If you're concerned, or the pain gets worse, see your GP.
    I definitely agree Ben Gash.