Thread: 1,000 push-ups!!!!

1,000 push-ups!!!!

Hoooly crap. I've heard of people doing 1,000 straight push-ups, but I figured it was 1 in a million type of skill. It probably is.

This guy at my teacher's (crane kung fu) brother's MMA studio did 1,000, and only had his knees hit the ground, or pause, twice during the entire stint.

I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in fantastic shape, but it was still surprising.

I asked him how he did it, or how I could get started on that regimen.

He said, don't be afraid to do girl pushups. the main thing is to keep going. So, do 60 pushups if you can, then fall to your knees when you can't hold yourself up anymore, and keep going. Don't pause at all. Just keep going. Do them until you can't do them anymore (safely). Then, he said, find that number, and try to push it by five every day.

For shorter workouts, he said to pick a number like 45, and rip them out, then stop, wait for 30 seconds, then rip out more until you can't do them anymore.

HE also said don't neglect the abs and legs---it's a full-body workout for structure. But most important were the pecs. Also, I've been doing pushups for years with my hands closer in, because it always seemed harder. apparently, this means it tarkets the triceps and not the chest. Yoyu have to space the hands further apart for a real chest workout.

the guy that teaches me did 1000 dips straight once

i saw him

messed up lol
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

1000 push up?
    how long did it take him?
    man i be more tired of counting to 1000 more than anythin...i get tired wen i count to 50..lol...
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX