Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    You don't know? What do you think?
    What do I think? No way in hell.

And he when to University if Wyoming. Grad in late 90s I think. Been coaching youth wrestling around here for over 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

I see. I was wondering about the 1A part.
    Last edited by unkokusai; 06-18-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Dunno. I'll ask, though.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Dunno. I'll ask, though.
    .................................................. ................

Ok.

TTT

Just curious if there was ever a vid put up anywhere about your recent MMA fight there Charles.

thanks and peace
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Dunno. I'll ask, though.

Ok

ok, ok. I forgot. I'll make a sticky note and put it on my dash board for tomorrow.

ok, ok. I forgot. I'll make a sticky note and put it on my dash board for tomorrow.

Ok, I admit; I forgot to ask Coach again. Not to worry- I work with his brother-in-law and he did know the answer. 1A is a reference to the size of the school's enrollment. 1A is smaller school. University of Wyoming is 1A and thier wrestling team competes as "independant", though they tend to rank well.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    TTT

Just curious if there was ever a vid put up anywhere about your recent MMA fight there Charles.

thanks and peace

Pan Quan - I still haven't been able to find a vid of my last fight. I will ask the promoter for a copy when I see him next . Speaking of which, on September 15, i am Fighting Joe Pearson for the Total Fight Challenge 145lb title. Pearson is a Pride Fighting Veteran and has the nickname of the 'Triangular Strangler'. His last fight was against WEC champ Urijah Faber. I on the other hand, have been practicing my Snake Fist against the 5-7 year olds at my school and i feel very comfortable with the results. Should be a helluva fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinassassin View Post
    Pan Quan - I still haven't been able to find a vid of my last fight. I will ask the promoter for a copy when I see him next . Speaking of which, on September 15, i am Fighting Joe Pearson for the Total Fight Challenge 145lb title. Pearson is a Pride Fighting Veteran and has the nickname of the 'Triangular Strangler'. His last fight was against WEC champ Urijah Faber. I on the other hand, have been practicing my Snake Fist against the 5-7 year olds at my school and i feel very comfortable with the results. Should be a helluva fight!!
    I'm suddenly reminded of Kramer from Seinfeld.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    comentary from the guys taping those vids was pretty funny.

Anyways, charles good fight and good luck with everything. Give you props for getting into the ring and learning each time. Doesn't matter, about the win thing, just nice to have, matters is that you come out with something new and a path to follow on how you should get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    After watching that HL clip, he should very much be ashamed with his display in that fight.

Wilson was not that special. He was ok. I give him props for lasting. However, he is an ok fighter 4-5. Actually that is not ok. He is below 50%. So do we have to make a special standard for Kung fu? Losing more than you win is not good in any sport.

How am I insulting Torres when I am basically saying that he is better than what he displayed. He should went through him. He has more than four times more ring exp. and more than ten times the wins.
    Actually for what ever reasons these website never updated Sifu Charles record, last I checked his amatuer record was around 12-1-0 and his pro record was 6-5.

BUT, and here's the big but, I think it was 4 out of 5 of those losses (Sifu Charles will have to give more detail) was in my opionion party or largely due to him stepping up in weight classes just to get a fight.

He was fighting guys who walk around at 180lbs and he walks around at 150lb. these guys would just muscle out of his holds. NONE of them EVER hurt him.

at the end of the day that means ALOT if not almost everything when two equally skilled grapples are going at ground fighting.

he finally listened and fought and won a title at his own weight division two weeks ago, completely smashed Pride vet named Joe Pearson and took his belt.

So before you say is is just an "OK fighter" do one of two things, either attend one of his fights or get in the ring with him. I think you'll change your mind.

Either way the youtube video shows only one of his 20 plus mma matches in which he won like 18 including his last win, plus he has won other belts.

so my point is , don't be so quick to judge without truly knowing all of the facts.

All the best-

Waysun Johnny Tsai
    Last edited by Johnny Tsai; 09-23-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Well said!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    What constitutes MMA? if you have 20 years in a TMA and 1 or 2 years in say BJJ or wrestling, does that make you a mixed martial artist? I got in this debate before. I was trying to defend TCMA and someone said that it is ineffective in fights. I told this person I used my kung fu and beat the guy with a guillotine choke. He informed me that I was a mmartist because I had finished with a choke and that if I hadn't used the BJJ choke I would have goeten beat. Can someone clarify what constitutes a MMA?