Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu in MMA

I dunno. The guy is claiming Shaolin. Says he has a Wing Chun background too.

http://martialarts.about.com/od/mart...nsitionmma.htm
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    It was an "ok" bout. Just OK.

LOL @ "just OK" towards just about the only KF person to ever put up a decent fight against an MMA fighter. I guess "just OK" is as good as it gets.

LOL @ your myopia.

The MMA was just "OK" as well.

Don't tell me he's supposed to be some ubermencsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL @ "just OK" towards just about the only KF person to ever put up a decent fight against an MMA fighter. I guess "just OK" is as good as it gets.

There are quite a few that have put up a descent fight. Strawmen outnumber your troops 3 to 1.

What are you trying to say Abel? The guy's ranked number 1 in the country and 3 in the world in the Shoot 135 pound division. He's taken gold at the Arnold Classic and Gracie Nationals, and Silver at the Pan Ams. I wouldn't call anyone a superman, but how is this just 'OK'?

Dude, thats nice, but this fight was "ok". Nothing to base a religion on.

There are quite a few that have put up a descent fight. Strawmen outnumber your troops 3 to 1.
    Maybe you could point us to some of those, huh?

i wasnt impressed with this fight that much. the kung fu guy did decent considering all the flaming from mma guys. i expect more out of these "mma" guys that everyone talks about. the kung fu guy could have utilized his stances more to prevent from being taken down as much. maybe even use his leg and hip strength to pic that mo fo up and slam him down hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i wasnt impressed with this fight that much. the kung fu guy did decent considering all the flaming from mma guys. i expect more out of these "mma" guys that everyone talks about. the kung fu guy could have utilized his stances more to prevent from being taken down as much. maybe even use his leg and hip strength to pic that mo fo up and slam him down hard.
    LOL @ using stances to stop takedows. Stop into a wrestling club and see how that works out for you.

LOL @ using stances to stop takedows. Stop into a wrestling club and see how that works out for you.
    Stance doesn't mean standing in a horse stance and letting a guy try to take you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Stance doesn't mean standing in a horse stance and letting a guy try to take you down.
    What does it mean?

Dude, thats nice, but this fight was "ok". Nothing to base a religion on.
    I don't think anyone was implying that, Abel.

i think this is just the beginning of a coming trend.

there are more kungfu guys mixing it up with the mma crowd than some might think.

anyone who has studied CMA in depth at all knows there are deffinate effective qualities to CMA.

its just a matter of time before other people notice this. as well as kungfu guys utilizing this in an mma environment.

i see the kungfu/mma cross over as an inevitability.

almost seemed that wilson may have just had a flavor torrez wasnt quite used to, torrez just had to figure out the equation and solve the problem with a submission.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    ..........LOL!

Maybe you could point us to some of those, huh?
    Why? They've already been discussed to death. And always to the same conclusion.

"He may have studied KF for 1000 years but since he took two weeks of BJJ it doesn't count."