Thread: time the bite

time the bite

Here is a kino mutai clip blended with bjj. Now it is a bland assertion that anyone can bite but kino mutai helps you think about how to get the uniterrupted bite through timing and positioning.

I picked up a bit of it in JKD and it was interesting to some degree, I feel a lot of the marketing behind it was a little out of left field.

One of the few clips I could find of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3j1AfVsbP8

Here is some of Salvatore Oliva, a skilled jkd player using it in standup clinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwchMZJeltg
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 05-07-2007 at 09:06 AM.

eeewww.

can you say blood-borne disease?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth ?

can you say blood-borne disease?
    Yeah, that is a risk, but this type of stuff like most aspects of certain arts is for when you have to do anything to try and get the job done. It's better to get lets say ten more good years with a disease than none at all if your dead.

So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth
    Bizzare question, that really has no context bro. It is what it is.

Well, if you advocate biting as a technique to use, certainly you must have some sort of counter if the attacker decides to play your game, right?
    How is that bizzare?

more biting

We've discussed biting some on the street fighting forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth
    I guess if you mean what keeps another person from biting you in general is superior positioning.

The breaking his teeth comment is the one I was referring to, but in general you target soft body tissue not bone, nipple, cheek, lat, eyebrow area, so on.

kinomutai is not necessarily just biting. In many systems it includes pinching, tearing, and even some basic nerv attacks.

It means to become or be sharp, in whole, like a knife or blade.

Specifically, biting someone causes instant panic in most people, and if you restrain them while you bite them the physical damage can be horrendous.

strike!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    so, what happened to the old argument that biting would be no good in a real fight?

if we can meld the two, I'm a big fan of the grabbing pinch applied to the right area as a shock/pain attack in the down and dirty clinch.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

so, what happened to the old argument that biting would be no good in a real fight?
    That has never been my assumption. It can be nasty as hell. I have been bite and though it did not stop me from fighting, it sure put a new set of panic motors in.

Kino is gouging as well as biting. I was just showing the biting part of the vid.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 05-08-2007 at 07:30 AM.

ok, didn't necessarily mean 'your' argument that biting wasn't effective but it sure got poo-poo'd by a large percentage of 'full contact' advocates.

i got bit once but it was just on the forearm and I just kinda looked at him and grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head back while pushing with the bitten arm.

I think biting needs to hit the same areas as a good 'fist pinch':

side of neck
    side of torso, high under the arm
    side of torso, just fwd of the midline and just below the waistline
    inside of leg
    cheek, nose, ear
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Oso,

I know bro, I was just stating. I am more of the biting is overrated type of guy.

A lot of full core mma guys will bash it to bits, but I believe with the right target location, position, and mindset, hell yeah it can fit in the toolbox.

"If it's stupid and it works then it isn't stupid''

contextual application applies to every tool in the box.

lets ask Mike Tyson

A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!