Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Why is Bush ransoming our troops?

Blog Entries

OT: Why is Bush ransoming our troops?

In the recent showdown between congress and the Bush administration over the Iraq war spending bill, the Bush administration has quite plainly stated that to deny funding or put limits on war spending is equivalent to not "supporting our troops."

Ludicrous!

If Bush really "supported our troops" he would have never sent them into Iraq in the first place, on the most flimsy of evidence of WMDs (evidence which has since been repudiated over and over again.)

If Bush really "supported our troops" he would have personally made sure that troops returning from battle received the best care and medical treatment (Walter reed anyone?)

What the Bush and his administration are doing to congress and the American people is ransoming our troops, using them as collateral to extort money from the American people and put it in the hands of oil companies and military contractors.

He has sent our troops into a dangerous and unwinnable situation for nothing more than greed. And he would rather see them underfunded and ill-equipped rather than pull them out of Iraq and not receive his precious war funding.

It is shame that the media and politicians lay down for this blatant kind of reframing and spinning that the Bush administration is so deft at.

And it is a shame that Bush and his administration would sink so low as to use our troops safety as collateral rather than bite the bullet and bow to the will of the American people.

Yes, we all know that the support our troops thing is a manipulative phrase. The question is, who hasn't already learned to tune it out?

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Yes, we all know that the support our troops thing is a manipulative phrase. The question is, who hasn't already learned to tune it out?
    too many people do tune out this mess. thats part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    And it is a shame that Bush and his administration would sink so low as to use our troops safety as collateral rather than bite the bullet and bow to the will of the American people.
    two things wrong with this line of thought.

1. that would mean he would have to admit he has been wrong. he is way to proud to do that.

2. if he bows to the will of the people on this what will they demand next? you give the people an inch they take a mile. as every dictator throughout history has realized.

In the recent showdown between congress and the Bush administration over the Iraq war spending bill, the Bush administration has quite plainly stated that to deny funding or put limits on war spending is equivalent to not "supporting our troops."

Ludicrous!

If Bush really "supported our troops" he would have never sent them into Iraq in the first place, on the most flimsy of evidence of WMDs (evidence which has since been repudiated over and over again.)

If Bush really "supported our troops" he would have personally made sure that troops returning from battle received the best care and medical treatment (Walter reed anyone?)

What the Bush and his administration are doing to congress and the American people is ransoming our troops, using them as collateral to extort money from the American people and put it in the hands of oil companies and military contractors.

He has sent our troops into a dangerous and unwinnable situation for nothing more than greed. And he would rather see them underfunded and ill-equipped rather than pull them out of Iraq and not receive his precious war funding.

It is shame that the media and politicians lay down for this blatant kind of reframing and spinning that the Bush administration is so deft at.

I have left forums because liberal jack-offs couldn't keep their mouths shut about politics in non-political forums. Are they following me around or what?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwedishChef View Post
    I have left forums because liberal jack-offs couldn't keep their mouths shut about politics in non-political forums. Are they following me around or what?
    Yes, and they'll keep following you until you remove the chip the Clintons had the ATF put in your fatty tissue.

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by TheSwedishChef View Post
    Your new to this forum with 29 posts so let me just inform you that we talk about all kinds of issues on this board (apparently including girl troubles) BTW that's what OT means (Off-topic).

Also since you're new to this forum you don't know that when somebody personally attacks me, for example, calling me a "liberal jack-off"...instead of saying something intelligent.... they get added to my ignore list and I never see their posts again....so that said...

...welcome to my ignore list biatch.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 05-10-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Now is the time for congress to prove that they do stand on our side instead of just want our vote.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Now is the time for congress to prove that they do stand on our side instead of just want our vote.
    yeah but they wont
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Your new to this forum with 29 posts so let me just inform you that we talk about all kinds of issues on this board (apparently including girl troubles) BTW that's what OT means (Off-topic).

Also since you're new to this forum you don't know that when somebody personally attacks me, for example, calling me a "liberal jack-off"...instead of saying something intelligent.... they get added to my ignore list and I never see their posts again....so that said...

...welcome to my ignore list biatch.
    i like your style

I'm always struck by someone with a supposedly strong opinion feeling threatened by someone who's opinion differs. Someone with truly strong views will have strong evidence, or at least reasonable logic to back said view up.

Knee jerk insults are usually used to avoid discussing an issue that the speaker isn't really very well educated on in the first place. It's called an argument ad hominem which simply means, "argument against the man." It is a technique used frequently by amatuer debaters in order to discredit the speaker without addressing the issue. It also tends to betray a certain level of doubt in one's beliefs.

As Fu-Pow pointed out, the header reads "OT:". If you are only interested in discussing things that deal with martial arts, skip the ones labeled "OT:". Also skip the ad hominem arguments. They don't convince anyone of your opinion, they won't make you any friends, and they'll get you banned eventually.

i wont even go intowhy ur an idiot
    but if u dont like it here (in what i consider the best MA forum around) then go sommewhere else

in fact PLEASE go somewhere else
    u obviously have nothing to offer

Yeah, arhat I haven't posted anything of worth so far. Obviously you've read everything I've written. I like the forum. Let's not ruin it with posts based on media spin. I think he hit every single lib talking point. They served it up and he swallowed it. Clearly you have too. Congrats. You're average. So why don't you leave. So there.

Hey Jack. I don't know how many exchanges you've been a part of on message boards but nobody convinces anyone of anything. They just argue until someone gets tired. The first thing I did was type out about 30 lines rebutting the things he said and then thought, "what am I doing?" I've done this a million times and nothing ever changes. So I just cut to the chase. You might think my post was incendiary, but its posts like his that divide message boards down political lines. Its why I don't like them. Talking about girlfriend issues or health or other problems come down to light opinions. Stuff like this just ****es people off. Plus I got on his ignore list. And I did it with just one post.
    Last edited by TheSwedishChef; 05-10-2007 at 06:01 AM.

Yeah, arhat I haven't posted anything of worth so far. Obviously you've read everything I've written. I like the forum. Let's not ruin it with posts based on media spin. I think he hit every single lib talking point. They served it up and he swallowed it. Clearly you have too. Congrats. You're average. So why don't you leave. So there.
    its media spin because its of an opinion which differs from urs ?
    all u did was call him a liberal jack off (real mature) get it into your head
    just because u have an opinion that is different , that does not make you a "jack off"
    it was labeled OT and generally no one here has any problem with discussing things that are off topic
    if u want to know what relationship it has to the martial arts ,well the fact that he posted it here

either adress what he said or go and talk about something else
    if u just want to be some random right wing troll then we dont need you here

Hey Jack. I don't know how many exchanges you've been a part of on message boards but nobody convinces anyone of anything. They just argue until someone gets tired. The first thing I did was type out about 30 lines rebutting the things he said and then thought, "what am I doing?" I've done this a million times and nothing ever changes. So I just cut to the chase. You might think my post was incendiary, but its posts like his that divide message boards down political lines. Its why I don't like them. Talking about girlfriend issues or health or other problems come down to light opinions. Stuff like this just ****es people off. Plus I got on his ignore list. And I did it with just one post.
    you got on his ignore list because its obvious what kind of poster u are

people are convinced in arguments on forums why u think they dont is beyond me

people have convinced me that their opinion is the correct one on here before
    i cant say as to weither or not i have done the same

but it just ggoes to show how ignorant u are

i think that trying to convince someone that your opinion is "Correct" is definately an uphill battle but the only time it is an impossible feat is when youa re dealing with the kind of people that right away don't listen. you can usually spot them bc they are more inclined to hurl an insult than retort with any kind of real substance.

calling someone a jack off says a lot more about you than it does about them.