Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats the most effective way of developing the Tonic Muscles (stabilisers)?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Relevant to one of Oso's sit's(situations)

Use chairs or the wall. Wall stand three shoes away elbows in/down; hands(palm centers) at ear level (x amount); Then lock out as a break then fold or bend (heads turn because your face is so close to the wall) as a break (five counts). Then adjust hands to jaw height (press and fold x count). The x counts can be long is as it is supposedly less strenuous--but for the individual stressful can vary-since youy'll be doing different palm levels at different feet distancesjust a few can be alot. Less demanding but a work-out and this mechanical efficiency--an Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel concept

Continuing, the next levels will be shoulders then rib-middles-(breast but you might not want to call it breast or get giggles or have some defining/explaining.

Four levels done at different shoe distances-increase shoe distance by half a shoe for better building of stableizers. If you are up to it use quarter shoe increases perhaps shortening the number of pressesbut going to threefull shoe increases as a stopping point watching their back/waist straightnesses and the like

At each shoe distance four levels of palm centers. At each level of palm centersthe breadths:shoulders breadth, collar bones breadth, thumbs touching breadth, right above left, left above right (l on r and r on l except the preasure might hurt unconditioned hands but you might find it beneficial ask a certified Sifu besides you or a physicin though before pressing hand on hand) Continuing: pinkies touching, pinkies with face in between, pinky by pinky shoulder distance. Walk back through the sequence to thumb by thumb shoulder distance then go out a palm then out a second palm then out a third palm

This is a complete design based on what I considered for development from Squirrel. Take what you like of it be within Comfort and have Fun.

No_Know

After this next class do a regular on the floor push-up attempt. if not satis factoy go to the wall. If allowed to go to the floor first the wall pressing should help with development to be better able to do the floor.

Good to see you Keep up the good work It is probabally app?reciated-- your efforts.

No_Know

Too long for private message, too late to fiddle. Too important to not post. Two--No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-22-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Capitalize u in first word--Use
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

gotcha. i agree it totally works.

I've used our blue folding mats to do the same progression with adults during our saturday programs. the mats work out well because each fold is 3" so there is a very small level of progression. a woman that trained with me went from not being able to do any pushups on the floor to doing the 12 pushup pyramid from trainforstrength.com on the floor in less than 3 months if I remmber correctly.

there is still an issue of trying to get all things accomplished in just 2700 seconds twice a week. I think we are going to start isolating an exercise every week and rotate through every three weeks: pushups, sit-ups, squats or I'll try to figure out how to get 10 kids through all of it in 10-15 minutes.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Becca, i misread you...our 'mat cleaning' is the same...I guess I'm not quite getting what you are calling alligators.

we'll do 'shrimping' drills and 'butt scoot' drills and 'sit out' drills in my grappling class.
    Gators are mat cleaning but you keep your body rigid and grag your self making contact with the floor only with the tops of your feet and hands. Mat cleaning would be dragging yourself with the hands but making contact with full lower body, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it