Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Karate"? On ESPN2

Or someone who doesn't know much about turnement style compatitions. He already said he was just flipping through the chanels and "karate" caught his eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    to give the devil his due i do think that hoost should've done better against sapp.
    however, i am going to have to agree with you: that was a dumb post made by someone who's probably never had a real fight their entire life.

Nogueira said the only person he wouldn't want to fight again was sapp, that was one brutal head spike, although sapp lost due to armbar.

Seven,
    Yeah, you called it. That was a stupid post.
    Bless you

These are simply very bad club fighters. It looks good becuase these people are equally bad. I googled Sapp....It appears he even washed out of professional wrestling.:-) At the end of that fight when he was pounding on the guy he could barely stand up. Had the ref not stepped in I believe Sapp would have colapsed. Maybe you guys should stick to professional wrestling. It appears you don't know much about boxing.

If this Sapp character ever went up against a top 10 heavyweight he would get hurt badly....maybe even die.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    If this Sapp character ever went up against a top 10 heavyweight he would get hurt badly....maybe even die.
    I noticed you mentioned wrestling. Have you noticed that the hard core wrestling turnies, the top guys usually look whipped by the end of it? Does that make them bad wrestlers? or does it make them good athletes that are feeling their fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

To start with Pro Wrestling is a whole different animal. There is no such thing as a "Bad" or "good" professional wrestler as far as wrestling ability goes. If this was so Kurt Angle would be killing everyone.

Wrestling looks for size (Sapp has that)and acting ability (I don't know if he has that or not). Then come athletic ability(Sapp does not have this). My guess is Sapp wasn't in the ring two minutes before he was totally gassed bent over with hands on his knees.

I do have to give props to some of these wrestling guys. Rarely do I see one of them bent over breathing hard. That's part of the show but it's also part of conditioning.

Also, as far as all the K-1 boxers I've seen, if they are so dam good how come they're not in the US boxing? Could it be because they have tried and couldn't cut it?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

Also, as far as all the K-1 boxers I've seen, if they are so dam good how come they're not in the US boxing? Could it be because they have tried and couldn't cut it?
    Is this a serious comment? Bob Sapp has fought the best fighters in the world in both K1 and Pride. Why would any mma fighter want to fight us boxing?

really? Why? What?
    Last edited by bodhitree; 05-11-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    Bless you

It appears you don't know much about boxing.
    Well it's a **** good thing that Sapp and the other guys aren't boxing then, isn't it?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Well it's a **** good thing that Sapp and the other guys aren't boxing then, isn't it?
    Doh!

man, this character counting thing sux. I can't even 'lol' anymore. Boo!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I agree with BoulderDawg. K-1 kickboxing is for chumps, and Bob Sapp is a washed-up (if he was ever any good in the first place) fat boy.