Thread: nintendo MA schools...new trend!!??

Hybrid View

I have noticed a common attitude among several schools that teaching kids is how you keep the doors open so that you can do what you want with some other adults class.

But how does that atitude reflect on the quality of teaching for the kids?

Maybe the teaching is ok. But what I am wondering about what is done before and after class.

Does anyone know of a school where kids waiting for class or parents do something other than play video games and/or watch tv?

Kevin

umm they stretch
    do forms etc
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

If the school is going to double as an after school daycare, then I think having some movies/video games isn't too bad of an idea. Stretching great, but I don't think a little kid is going to do that for a couple hours while waiting for class unless he's unusually mature for his age.

Why not train them that whole time? My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age. Once she was on team, 4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

She started at age 3

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Why not train them that whole time? My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age. Once she was on team, 4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

She started at age 3
    because that kind of drive is rare. if it wasnt you wouldnt be so proud of her.
    where's my beer?

Why not train them that whole time?
    Because then they would loose a whole lot of money generating kids.

Most of the adults don't come for 4 hours a day.

I was the only one who didn't work there who did, and I got to spend half the time looking tough and making corrections.

My last school had this kind of afterschool program.

The kids had a time for Karate.

A time to study, with assistance when necessary.

And a time to shut up and stay of of the way.

Which did include video games and movies, anything to distract the little damiens. I think the parents are suppose to pick them up after study time, but they are usually late.

My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age.
    Hey, what is the Cost of Gymnastics compared to MA anyway?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    umm they stretch
    do forms etc
    for two hours? won't happen.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

this is actually a pretty good idea. Im thinking about starting somehting similar. Would one need to employ a care taker / teacher to help the kids with homework?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )