Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nintendo MA schools...new trend!!??

nintendo MA schools...new trend!!??

Hi all,

How do schools take care of students before and after class?

I have seen them sitting down watching videos and playing video games.

Went to visit some tkd schools. Interested in seeing how they run the school from a biz perspective.

This school I went to picks up kids from school and lets them hang out for almost 2hours before tkd class even begins.

It sure is convenient for parents, but the kids just play video games or watch tv.

At one place the baby sitting lady said that they can do their homework when the van brings them in from school and she showed me where the tables are to do that. But I didn't see anyone using them. Maybe I got there too late.

I am wondering if there is anything else that schools do to occupy the time of students while they are not training.

This seems like a big deal for anyone who wants to open a school to consider

Thoughts?

Kevin

http://www.plumflowermantisboxing.com/

I walked into a USSD once, and I kid you not, there was an obese young man playing Xbox on a bean-bag chair.

Blog Entries
    Better that they're hanging out in the school rather than unsupervised or on the street getting into trouble....not cool during class times though.

FP

Quote Originally Posted by K.Brazier View Post
    Hi all,

How do schools take care of students before and after class?

I have seen them sitting down watching videos and playing video games.

Went to visit some tkd schools. Interested in seeing how they run the school from a biz perspective.

This school I went to picks up kids from school and lets them hang out for almost 2hours before tkd class even begins.

It sure is convenient for parents, but the kids just play video games or watch tv.

At one place the baby sitting lady said that they can do their homework when the van brings them in from school and she showed me where the tables are to do that. But I didn't see anyone using them. Maybe I got there too late.

I am wondering if there is anything else that schools do to occupy the time of students while they are not training.

This seems like a big deal for anyone who wants to open a school to consider

Thoughts?

Kevin

http://www.plumflowermantisboxing.com/

i wonder if thats what brittish MA is going tolook like in 30 years

hmmmm

hope not

**** mcdojo's
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I have noticed a common attitude among several schools that teaching kids is how you keep the doors open so that you can do what you want with some other adults class.

But how does that atitude reflect on the quality of teaching for the kids?

Maybe the teaching is ok. But what I am wondering about what is done before and after class.

Does anyone know of a school where kids waiting for class or parents do something other than play video games and/or watch tv?

Kevin

umm they stretch
    do forms etc
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

If the school is going to double as an after school daycare, then I think having some movies/video games isn't too bad of an idea. Stretching great, but I don't think a little kid is going to do that for a couple hours while waiting for class unless he's unusually mature for his age.

Why not train them that whole time? My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age. Once she was on team, 4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

She started at age 3

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Why not train them that whole time? My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age. Once she was on team, 4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

She started at age 3
    because that kind of drive is rare. if it wasnt you wouldnt be so proud of her.
    where's my beer?

Why not train them that whole time?
    Because then they would loose a whole lot of money generating kids.

Most of the adults don't come for 4 hours a day.

I was the only one who didn't work there who did, and I got to spend half the time looking tough and making corrections.

My last school had this kind of afterschool program.

The kids had a time for Karate.

A time to study, with assistance when necessary.

And a time to shut up and stay of of the way.

Which did include video games and movies, anything to distract the little damiens. I think the parents are suppose to pick them up after study time, but they are usually late.

My daughter's Gymnastics was anywhere from 2-3 to 4 hours long depending on her age.
    Hey, what is the Cost of Gymnastics compared to MA anyway?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I walked into a USSD once, and I kid you not, there was an obese young man playing Xbox on a bean-bag chair.
    typical. That young man should have been in there working out...not playing video games. Just wait till you hear about the sleepovers...

Just wait till you hear about the sleepovers...
    Whats wrong with the sleepovers? Just because they are held by an MA school doesn't mean they have to MA based. It's an opportunity for the kids to come together and bond as a group in a relaxed fun environment.

Unless they are being billed as some kind of intensive MA instructional.

I may be a little biased, The only one I attended, I got to cuddle up with one of the 20 y/o (f.) instructors .
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I'm sorry...but from the person organizing it, it can be horrible.

i always liked to see the kids playing games.

physical games. There are so many things kids can do that will benefit thier MA and are just games to play.

Limbo
    Racing
    Tag
    Chase
    Hurdling
    strength competitions

my favorite MA game is the MA version of "Horse"

more fun with wushuISH type stuff of course.

string combinations of techniques together, modern or traditional. the next person has to match your combo by observing it just once, or they get a letter.

this is a great game to play that will get a competative friendly spirit in the mix, will be practice of your techniques, teaches students to think forthemselves and string combinations they were never taught. It will help them understand how thier techniques can play into each other, and how to do that utilizing stances, posture, momentum, etc.

of course, personally, i would not run a day care in my MA school. so if you want to play games there would not be a TV involved. no electronics.

go do some pushups....
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I'm sorry...but from the person organizing it, it can be horrible.
    Oh yeah, they had two 20 y/o chicks running the kids program, and it was not pretty.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE