Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ussd claim they teach shaolin

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    well technically karate came from some form of southern shaolin and southern shaolin came form shaolin and ussd crap came form karate, so technically if you want to be a a dousche bag it is shaolin.

but we all know its karate or kenpo
    Well ussd masters are dousche bags so the shoe fits.

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    USSD claim they teach shaolin, but where is it?
    I didn't know pinons and katas 1-6 were shaolin?

Two man fist set is an ed parker form which Fred Villari got back in the 60 training with him.

So where's the shaolin?
    Is Charles mattera lying to all his students about what they are learning?

Then what else is he lying about?
    Yes he's a liar. He lies to his students, instuctors all for the money.
    If you went to an area that didn't have italian food and you started serving mexican food and called it italian but no one knew the difference you might get away with it for a while. Now we have the internet to exposed Mattera and ussd as the frauds that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja matt View Post
    Yes he's a liar. He lies to his students, instuctors all for the money.
    If you went to an area that didn't have italian food and you started serving mexican food and called it italian but no one knew the difference you might get away with it for a while. Now we have the internet to exposed Mattera and ussd as the frauds that they are.
    Yes Thank you. He lied saying we would make money from there schools. We only made money for ussd.
    50 hours, $ 300 a week no taxes taken out sucks! Plus you can never own a school 100%
    $250,000 for 33% of a school and all the rest of the money goes back to ussd! Come on how is anybody gonna make a living off that?
    Plus a $1,000 a month for black belt manuals.
    It would take 30 years just to get your money back from ussd.

heh...I remember having so many manuals from the 4 previous Chief Instructors of a certain dojo, which no longer exists, I could have built a second location.

Yes Thank you. He lied saying we would make money from there schools. We only made money for ussd.
    50 hours, $ 300 a week no taxes taken out sucks! Plus you can never own a school 100%
    $250,000 for 33% of a school and all the rest of the money goes back to ussd! Come on how is anybody gonna make a living off that?

Wow!!! Guess inflation has caught up with USSD. When I owned a school, the franchise fee for a turn key school was $80K.

There was also a group liaibility insurance paid qrtrly(This was minimal, like $200 for a $10Mil policy).
    Plus minimum of 10 manual purchased every month($500)
    Plus you had to buy all your gear at Bushido
    Plus the annual charge for marketing(about $5K)
    Plus give up on all the Brown and Black belt testing. 100% goes to corporate.
    Plus an annual franchise fee(dont recall what it was, I believe it was around $10K).

And then of course I had to pay rent and utilities out of all the cash I give to USSD. Also I had to get my own health coverage. Nevertheless, I had control of what to charge. The DM for the area pretty much sets a minimum so that you do not undercut a franchise in your town. There were 2 of us in Mission Viejo at the time. But I could charge $200 a month if I wanted to. Or as little as the minimum. Of course if you did not make your fees, corporate had the right to bring in their own chief instructor and you would have to pay them a salary. As well as shut you down and you lose all your investment. I knew one instructor that just broke off and just went independent. He was then harrassed and ended up suing USSD and Mattera which he won.

After all was said an done I was averaging a take home of $3-5K a month pre tax. Of course I owned and taught myself. I had 2 asst. instructors that came in and I did not pay them. Basically just exchanged lessons and private classes for their time. One was a black belt and the other a green belt. The other good thing was if I wanted to take a vaca, there were black belts from other schools that would cover.

Guess they have re-structured it a bit since I left the system.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Wow!!! Guess inflation has caught up with USSD. When I owned a school, the franchise fee for a turn key school was $80K.

There was also a group liaibility insurance paid qrtrly(This was minimal, like $200 for a $10Mil policy).
    Plus minimum of 10 manual purchased every month($500)
    Plus you had to buy all your gear at Bushido
    Plus the annual charge for marketing(about $5K)
    Plus give up on all the Brown and Black belt testing. 100% goes to corporate.
    Plus an annual franchise fee(dont recall what it was, I believe it was around $10K).

And then of course I had to pay rent and utilities out of all the cash I give to USSD. Also I had to get my own health coverage. Nevertheless, I had control of what to charge. The DM for the area pretty much sets a minimum so that you do not undercut a franchise in your town. There were 2 of us in Mission Viejo at the time. But I could charge $200 a month if I wanted to. Or as little as the minimum. Of course if you did not make your fees, corporate had the right to bring in their own chief instructor and you would have to pay them a salary. As well as shut you down and you lose all your investment. I knew one instructor that just broke off and just went independent. He was then harrassed and ended up suing USSD and Mattera which he won.

After all was said an done I was averaging a take home of $3-5K a month pre tax. Of course I owned and taught myself. I had 2 asst. instructors that came in and I did not pay them. Basically just exchanged lessons and private classes for their time. One was a black belt and the other a green belt. The other good thing was if I wanted to take a vaca, there were black belts from other schools that would cover.

Guess they have re-structured it a bit since I left the system.
    Hey xcakid,
    I ran a ussd dojo for those monkeys but it was too expensive. Plus I was tired of the DM who hadn't ran a dojo in 10 years tell me how to run them.

Back when they ran dojo's it was 60 a month for groups not 200 a month.
    They expected me to sign up 3 people a week for $450 the first month!!
    My DM told me he had harrassed schools that break away.

Which city was it?
    Where was your school? Did you sell it back to them?

Hey xcakid,
    I ran a ussd dojo for those monkeys but it was too expensive. Plus I was tired of the DM who hadn't ran a dojo in 10 years tell me how to run them.

Which city was it?
    Mission Viejo. USSD found a buyer to take over the school as well as another instructor.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Thumbs down

What a scam! Should have seen that one coming a mile away .
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Hey xcakid,

Which city was it?
    You got 300 a week? heck, I was lucky to get paid when I was at my last school. It was always "we'll pay you after we pay this bill."

Yeah re-structured it for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Mission Viejo. USSD found a buyer to take over the school as well as another instructor.
    Did they actually give back what you paid for it?
    Do you teach anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    What a scam! Should have seen that one coming a mile away .
    Yeah I was young and ussd seem so nice. They tell you how you will make tons of money. The school you ran made tons of money and they kept it all. tell you start asking ?? about the art shaolin kempo, the roots, fred villari, mattera's 9th degree where did he get it. Thats when your an outsider who thinks and ask questions not someone they want in their organization.

Yeah I was young and ussd seem so nice. They tell you how you will make tons of money. The school you ran made tons of money and they kept it all. tell you start asking ?? about the art shaolin kempo, the roots, fred villari, mattera's 9th degree where did he get it. Thats when your an outsider who thinks and ask questions not someone they want in their organization.
    Man your reading my story. If you look at villaris web sit www.villaristudios.com
    They have 10 8th degree's 5 9th degrees and dozens of 5th 6th 7th degrees.
    Gee I wonder why ussd only has one 8th degree and 2 6th degrees and five 5th degrees?
    Could it be that their greedy ways of not sharing the profits of dojos or letting you own one 100% made everyone quit?
    $250,000 for a dojo that you only get 30% is a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja matt View Post
    Man your reading my story. If you look at villaris web sit www.villaristudios.com
    They have 10 8th degree's 5 9th degrees and dozens of 5th 6th 7th degrees.
    Gee I wonder why ussd only has one 8th degree and 2 6th degrees and five 5th degrees?
    Could it be that their greedy ways of not sharing the profits of dojos or letting you own one 100% made everyone quit?
    $250,000 for a dojo that you only get 30% is a scam!
    Ussd greed has cost them a lot of good instructors. This is why they can't open any school worth a %$#@ on the east coast. Plus damasco screwing everyone over on money and instructors.

Better than a certain someone screwing all the instructors and students for money, eh?....