Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: unusual weapons

Yes, a pencil David. Shibumi!

Two forearm long length of angle iron, wrapped to the bottom of your forearm with an ace bandage, under a shirt.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Two forearm long length of angle iron, wrapped to the bottom of your forearm with an ace bandage, under a shirt.
    my sphincter is relaxing just thinking about this...

I've always wanted to get my hands on a BaGua Seven Star Bamboo Staff. I've never seen one, but I've heard the weapon is usually a piece of bamboo with 7 sections. The bamboo compartments are bored out from one end, so the bamboo ends up like a long, naturally capped tube. Then liquid mercury or cinnabar mixed with water is poured into it, filling one complete section of the bamboo. The open end is capped (I've never found out with what,) and voila! a weapon whose center of gravity can shift from one end to the other with a simple tilt or swing. Keep it close to the hand for defense, and swing it out to the end when you're aiming to crush skulls.

So yeah, any more info or pics or vids would be awesome.

I guess a modern version could be made from steel or something...
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 12-06-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: changed who's to whose (duh)
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    I've always wanted to get my hands on a BaGua Seven Star Bamboo Staff. I've never seen one, but I've heard the weapon is usually a piece of bamboo with 7 sections. The bamboo compartments are bored out from one end, so the bamboo ends up like a long, naturally capped tube. Then liquid mercury or cinnabar mixed with water is poured into it, filling one complete section of the bamboo. The open end is capped (I've never found out with what,) and voila! a weapon whose center of gravity can shift from one end to the other with a simple tilt or swing. Keep it close to the hand for defense, and swing it out to the end when you're aiming to crush skulls.
    Wouldn't the mercury evaporate rather quickly? Shudder to think of the health risks.

I've always loved the spear umbrella that was made to counter the flying guillotine.

BTW, MAM is closing out some of our more exotic weapons

MartialArtsMart.com will no longer be stocking the following items - they are all on sale at 20% off:

Sun and Moon Spear Blades
    Mandarin Coin Blades
    Nine Teeth Hooks
    Heaven & Earth Blade - Note: I published the complete form of this unique weapon in Heaven & Earth Blade in our 2008 September/October issue. It's a basic form, simple to learn.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by 5Animals1Path View Post
    A corrections officer I know walks around work with a hot cup of coffee whenever possible. Never drinks it though.
    That's a very good idea!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Wouldn't the mercury evaporate rather quickly? Shudder to think of the health risks.
    Well, this is why I'd like to know how the handle end was capped. Was it leatherized? Lacquered? What? IMO, if the mercury came out of the business end of the staff (say the bamboo broke), then it would be the opponent who would bear the brunt of the poisoning. Also, I've always wondered whether or not the mercury/cinnabar could actually get absorbed into the bamboo, giving it a "poison palm" quality.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

chili squid farts

clear a 5000 sq ft room on a cold day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

chili squid ****s
    If I could ever erase part of my memory, now would be the time

Back on track, here are some more weapons:

http://www.goshin.co.jp/9-6.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/9fchina2.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/9f.chaina3.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/ryusei1.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/ryusei.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/nunchaku.html
    http://www.goshin.co.jp/sui.html

Also, I remember back in the 70s some of the chinatown triads used to use choppers or make-shift knuckle dusters from a palm-sized stick with nails hammered through them. I doubt anyone would need to go to the length of practicing forms with the latter, but thought I'd throw more wood on the fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Well, this is why I'd like to know how the handle end was capped. Was it leatherized? Lacquered? What? IMO, if the mercury came out of the business end of the staff (say the bamboo broke), then it would be the opponent who would bear the brunt of the poisoning. Also, I've always wondered whether or not the mercury/cinnabar could actually get absorbed into the bamboo, giving it a "poison palm" quality.
    seems like an oil and water mixture might work or maybe greased ballbearings.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Yes, a pencil David. Shibumi!
    speaking of that great Master of the "Naked Kill," Nicholai Hel, he once used a plastic I.D. badge, broken in half, using the sharp, rough edge to slit a terrorist's throat. (a credit card does the same thing, which is why wherever I go, I always carry plastic, instead of paper) A magazine, rolled up corrctly will crush a man's larynx, and if memory serves, a broken lightbulb.
    Due to a former run-in with the authorities, I no longer carry conventional weapons, but such things as a metal ruler, steel Cross pens, sharpened keys, and other seemingly harmless objects on my person.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles View Post
    Today in China guards use these rubber clubs which look like some sort of sexual device. I can imagine that this is a rather demeaning way to get Rodney Kinged.
    a man was recently hospitalized for playing some sort of ghey sexual "game," where his partner sodomized him with one of those things you use to fix a toilet..forgot what they're called.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I've always loved the spear umbrella that was made to counter the flying guillotine.
    Yes the Umbrella Spear Of Death!! Lovely weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    a man was recently hospitalized for playing some sort of ghey sexual "game," where his partner sodomized him with one of those things you use to fix a toilet..forgot what they're called.

They don't call it a plunger for nothing.