Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choi Lei Fut Videos

Choi Lei Fut Videos

Just thought some may like to see these. Enjoy!

Choi Lei Fut Hero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdDD-DV2gM

Choi Lei Fut Chan Heung Ancestoral Hall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOTEk_nBDY

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5u2CtmtZQ

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvsdRvDdZE

Choi Lei Fut Revolution
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlMc_88Qn0

Choi Lei Fut Parade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMKjAOh7CU

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJZI3L5U_Y

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJYCoVEUTE

And more will be posted soon!

Blog Entries
    :d :d :d :d
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Hi Frank,

As the Polish sifu said in Chasing Dream 2, it is not only about fighting but also about Chinese culture and learning tolerance and it keeps us fit and healthy.

So take it easy hskwarrior, what is good for Chan Heung's descendants is also good for you and for CLF. For a start, you could have been there learning the monkey pole and meeting up with some of these lovely CLF ladies from all over the world.

:d :d :d :d

Blog Entries
    kiss me joseph. i love you

Blog Entries
    oh i thought you knew joseph....

my lineage has nothing to do with chan heung except he was one of jeong yims teachers.

so what good for me would come from chan heung's lineage? im not from there?

Blog Entries
    what would learning the monkey pole do for me that my own staff sets can't?

act like a monkey? why do i want to act like a monkey? how do you know that the monkey pole is effective?

from a realistic point of view.......some were looking darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 05-14-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Hi Frank,

It only looked darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas because you don't have the imagination nor the skill to realize that the hand that scratch the fleas could be the same hand that scratch your eye balls and the silly roll on the ground could be the same roll under your crotch and smash the fleas on your other balls.

You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms). You are the one who talked about "Yat Gar" but you have no idea what "One Family" means. You just smahed everything like a bull out of a china shop and then called yourself a hskwarrior, but I don't think you 'd know what a real warrior looks like when you come across one.

You are the one who is looking darn silly turning poor Jeong Yim into a CLF clown. He deserved better.

Joseph

Excellent stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mokkori View Post
    Just thought some may like to see these. Enjoy!

Choi Lei Fut Hero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdDD-DV2gM

Choi Lei Fut Chan Heung Ancestoral Hall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOTEk_nBDY

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5u2CtmtZQ

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvsdRvDdZE

Choi Lei Fut Revolution
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlMc_88Qn0

Choi Lei Fut Parade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMKjAOh7CU

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJZI3L5U_Y

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJYCoVEUTE

And more will be posted soon!
    Hey Mokkori,
    Excellent stuff there! Nice to see choi lee fut having such a strong group of practitioners. Can you post some more videos please?

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Hi Frank,

It only looked darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas because you don't have the imagination nor the skill to realize that the hand that scratch the fleas could be the same hand that scratch your eye balls and the silly roll on the ground could be the same roll under your crotch and smash the fleas on your other balls.

You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms). You are the one who talked about "Yat Gar" but you have no idea what "One Family" means. You just smahed everything like a bull out of a china shop and then called yourself a hskwarrior, but I don't think you 'd know what a real warrior looks like when you come across one.

You are the one who is looking darn silly turning poor Jeong Yim into a CLF clown. He deserved better.

Joseph
    Hi Joseph,
    Can you talk some more of the five animals of clf? I assume you are talking about the same five animals of shaolin dragon, tiger, leopard, crane and snake and since Hung gar is suppose to be shaolin originated it makes sense clf and hung gar have the same five animals.
    Are they expressed similarly in clf as in hung gar, any notable differences in interpretation?

Re:You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms).

So far this is how I see it : so if the five animals being the core of shaolin kung fu, any derivative of shaolin kung fu like hung gar and clf should have these five animals otherwise they have "lost' the core of the original system.

Especially ironic if someone calls their system fut gar jing zhong authentic shaolin family style, and they are missing the five animals which are the "core" of the shaolin system! A case of an offshoot not living up to its desired "name"?

Any martial arts style or tradition is like a tree, it has the roots, the trunk, the stems and the branches, the further it is away from the roots and the trunk, the less substance it has and more diluted it gets.

The sad part about CLF is that we still have the roots and the trunk intack, but instead of drinking from the source, some people like our Frank here tries constantly to cut up its roots and chip away the trunk.

Little did they know if they succeed in doing that, then they not only will destroy the art and the tradition, but they will destroy themselves as well.

But because right now the roots and the trunk are really strong and healthy, there is no way that they will succeed, so they tried very hard, for whatever reasons, to change the history and change the name and even tried to discredit the descendants of the founder and replace the village where the art has its birthplace from King Mui to Fut San.

They do not appreciate that it is a rare situation that a traditional CMA managed to survive intact for more than 200 years and still thriving both inside and outside of China; they should support it instead of trying to weaken or to destroy it.

If they don't have the five animal forms (the history and the art of Shaolin Temple is well written and the Ng Ying Kuen is at the core of its system as we all know) then it is as easy as hop on a plane and go to the source to learn them. There is no need to burrow things from other styles whether north or south, internal or external, the full art is still there and intact, both written down and being taught in and outside China. All one has to do is to be humble, go and ask and you shall be given for we all belong to the same tree and the same family and we all know that the more people practice the art well the more chance it will survive and continue for another 200 years.

If you don't want to learn more then practice what you have already, there is no need to insult practitioners from another branch or Chan Heung's descendants just because you came from a difference lineage and do different things.

Sure, there will always be competitions but the competition should be a healthy and constructive one, not accusing others doing things that they did not do, like Frank's insistance that Chen Yong-Fa's group does Wushu CLF. Frank, do you really think one of Chan Heung's direct descendant will allow that to happen? Get real!

Thanks Mokkori for posting the clips and thanks Terrygrey for your interest.

"Can you talk some more of the five animals of clf? I assume you are talking about the same five animals of shaolin dragon, tiger, leopard, crane and snake and since Hung gar is suppose to be shaolin originated it makes sense clf and hung gar have the same five animals.

Are they expressed similarly in clf as in hung gar, any notable differences in interpretation?"

Sorry Terrygrey, in my ranting I forgot to answer your original question. Since I don’t do Hung Gar, I cannot compare the two styles but in Chapter 112 of the CLF fighting manual, there mentioned the origin and the meaning of the Ng Ying Kuen. I am sue there are similarities for both Hung Gar and CLF have a similar root.

Chan Heung said this Shaolin skill was passed down by Bak Yuk-Feng, originally it was meant to strengthen the body then over time it evolved into sets of effective fighting skills based on cultivating the “Shen” Spirit (Dragon), the “Gui” Bones (Tiger), the “Lik” Strength (Leopard), the “Chi” Breath (Snake) and the “Jing” Essence (Crane).

Then it goes to describe the characteristics of each animal and how to train them. The idea is that the body needs to be strong, the Chi needs to be full, the hands need to be quick, the footwork needs to be stable, the eyes sharp and the courage fearless then with one finger and half a step, one can subdue a crowd…

The chapter also talked about the changes in the Shaolin Temple during the Ming Dynasty and how the art is spread to the four corners of China after it was burnt down. It then named the monks and martial artists at that time contributed to the development of Shaolin martial arts and their influence on CLF. For example Cheung Yat-Chun passed down the art of finger striking in the snake form via Fung Yat-Yun with the 36 Hands (Sarm Sup Luk Sau) and so forth.

Because we also have the Lohan Hands, which was influenced by the Five Animals Frolic, we also have extra five animals to make up the ten animals forms, etc. This chapter went on for a few more pages but I don’t have the time to translate all. I hope it satisfies your curiosity for the time being.

Joseph

Blog Entries
    Joe, Bro:d , Are You Upset About Something?

Explain To Me Something Joseph.............

If My Lineage Is Different Than Yours, Material Is Different Than Yours, Execution, Flow, Application, And Basically Everything Minus The Basics Is Different Than You Branch.............

Then Why Would I Want To Learn Any Other Choy Lee Fut When I'm Happy With My Branches Material?

Go Ahead Joe Bro, Learn Move Like A Monkey, Scratch Dem Fleas..........its Cool With Me. Personally, Its Not My Cup Of Tea.

I Like The Fighting Aspects Of My Branch Joe Bro. Forms Are Fun, Speaking Of Forms........what Number Is That Monkey Form? Are There More Than 200 Yet? The Numbers Keep Rising, Why Is That?

You Learn The Monkey Stick. Its Good For You.

I'll Stick To Researching The Yuen Hai Lineage. In Fact, For The First Time In Over 80, I've Found A School In Hk That Has The Exact Same Hoi Jongs And Closings That Is Found In Lau Bun Lineage. Thats Not Something I Can Find In Chan Family.

Oh, We Got An Um Ying Kuen............you Got One, So Does The Lee Koon Hung Lineage, And Im Sure Some Others, And All Are Different To Each Other. Ours Is Shaolin, But Isn't Originally Clf. But Then Again Neither Is Chan Fam's Gung Gi Fook Fu.

But If Anyone Is Going To Place A High Level Of Importance On Forms Over Learning To Use The System, If My Choices Were 200 Forms Over Buk Sings 3 Forms.........i'd Pick Buk Sing. They Have A Great Fighting Reputation. Elders Like Those You Claim To Have No Knowledge Of Are Now In The Spotlight.

Remember How You Said You Never Heard Of Kong Hing? Since The Emergence Of Him On Youtube, People Now Are Knowing Why Kong Hing Is So Respected.

Fortunately, My Hung Sing Lineage Resembles Buk Sing In How They Approach Our Clf, Hell, Buk Sing "is" Hung Sing. The Two Are Not Separate. So, Bro Joe, I'm Happy With My Hsk Gung Fu.

No Monkey Sticks...........:d

Blog Entries
    Joe......bro........did You Just Admit That At One Point Clf Was Called Fut Gar Jing Zhong?

Blog Entries
    Oh And Joseph,

I'm Not Worried About Your Rantings. I've Been Promoting A More Unified Clf In Honor Of Our Three Founders (chan Heung, Jeong Yim And Tam Sam). I've Been Contacted By Many Figures In The Chan Fam Lineage, All Complimenting Me On My Quest For Unity Amongst Clf.

So Rant On If You Like. You Started With Me, But Unlike Me In The Past, I Won't Argue With You Anymore. You Can Believe What You Like.

But It's Also My Choice Not To Want To Learn Anything Outside My Branches Material. See, I'd Pick Up Sets From Other Hung Sing Lineages Before I Start Learning Chan Fam Stuff.

Who Knows Maybe I Would Learn Something From That Branch In Honor Of My Quest To Promote Unity. But Not Right Now.:d

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Joe, Bro:d , Are You Upset About Something?

Explain To Me Something Joseph.............

If My Lineage Is Different Than Yours, Material Is Different Than Yours, Execution, Flow, Application, And Basically Everything Minus The Basics Is Different Than You Branch.............

Then Why Would I Want To Learn Any Other Choy Lee Fut When I'm Happy With My Branches Material?
    Dear Frank,

Everything is built from the basics and then go back to the basics, in between we can have as many variations and expressions as we want. So your branch is no different to our trunk. We are part of the same tree.

You know as well as I do the level of skill has nothing to do with how many forms or weapons we have learned, it has to do with how well we have mastered our basics, learning and doing a form is just one way to make us train harder and improve our skill without getting bored.

If you don't want to learn any more then just practice what you have got, but please don't tell us that we are different for that would mean one of us is not doing CLF.

BTW, please don't make up things. I have never said I have not heard of Kong Hing. I know the Lacey brothers probably long before you started Kung Fu! They are good friends with Chen Yong-Fa so please try not to dig up dirts between them because you won't succeed.

Joseph