Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Sure,

are your refering to names of Forms , name of Styles, or both ?
    Forms, but if you also have styles, feel free to share.

Mok Gar

Sure,

are your refering to names of Forms , name of Styles, or both ?
    Hello Sifu Ron,

I would be very interested in hearing a couple of the forms that Sifu Wong passed on to you from Mok Gar (Mot Ga??).

This style fascinates me however there is precious little info out there on this style...

Thanks!

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

spelling is how they call Phonetic.. Mok style in 5 family is kicking style.

Ark Wong's Mok Ga

Here is more info about Ark Wong’s Mok Ga. He learned this system from one of his 12 Sifus in China named Ho Yeng whom I started my kung fu in China with. According to both of them, it was originated from Mok Ga of the Southern 5 family (Hung, Lau, Choy, Lee, Mok). No doubt about that there are differences between Ark Wong and other existing Mok Ga systems.

The characteristics of my grandfather’s Mok Ga system is that it uses smaller stance and short range hand movements in comparison with Ng Ga Kuen, its punch is called “chicken heart punch” also known as “dragon’s horn punch”; the punch is mainly use for vital spot hitting. This type of fist striking also exists in NGK’s “black dragon form”.

This video clip should shed some lights for those have been wondering what Ark Wong’s Mok Ga looks?

http://www.kungfu5family.com/GMWongMokGa.wmv

Seming Ma
    P.S. Ark Wong's kung fu system has been NG Ga Kuen (Five Family Style) at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by kangmuk View Post
    spelling is how they call Phonetic.. Mok style in 5 family is kicking style.
    Kangmuk,
    You are right, Na Ga Kuen ( 5 Family) only adapted the kickings to the ststem.

Seming Ma

The same goes for me.

Na Ga Kuen, Seming Ma, Steeve, you no longer have my permission to use any photos, video, articles , text, or anything of me, Ron Shewmaker ,in any manner ever.

Steeve, for the benefit of this forum, and to show respect, I suggest you post elsewhere.

I don't want anything to do with you.

Ron Shewmaker
    Ron, Jim,
    Don't worry, I have no use of you photos, videos, or any docts. I already possessed videos, photos, docts..........from my grandfather.

BTW, no body speaks for me for your information.

Seming Ma
    Ng Ga Kuen

Cool Mok Ga

G.M.Ark Y.Wong Mok Ga video was well done,I remember learning that form however there is an other which has short kicks along with the Chicken Heart Punches,Seming do you have a copy of that one?. I would like to see it. Thanks for sharing.
    Sifu Jim

My sifu learned his Mok style from a Monk named Pang at Shaolin in Fukien area. The form that we do has short kicking and some rolling and use the chicken heart and immortal man after the rolling. I don't think is too good to show on tape brcause you need the right person to show or you can hurt someone and not fix them. Master Ark Yuey Wong is well known in our area. His many friends miss him.

L.i.b.!

[QUOTE=SIFU RON;819390]Well Seming Ma,

Wherever you go, problems, arguments, non-respect, Ego's and much, much more tag along right with you. This is not your forum or mine.
    People on this site don't care to read abour personal issues.
    if you have a" bone to pick " with me or Jim, e-mail us , phone us , or see us face to face.
    Ron

Talking about EGOS... Ron and Jim have been stroking one another for a while on various forums. Why don't you guys e-mail one another for your private conversations and please, DO open your own website so you can spend more time there!
    Respectfully to everybody else.

[QUOTE=Cambrais;819525]
    Well Seming Ma,

Wherever you go, problems, arguments, non-respect, Ego's and much, much more tag along right with you. This is not your forum or mine.
    People on this site don't care to read abour personal issues.
    if you have a" bone to pick " with me or Jim, e-mail us , phone us , or see us face to face.
    Ron

Talking about EGOS... Ron and Jim have been stroking one another for a while on various forums. Why don't you guys e-mail one another for your private conversations and please, DO open your own website so you can spend more time there!
    Respectfully to everybody else.
    Cool... I thought the very same thing...but never said anything b/c I had nothing to do with these people.

But since I am a busy body already...

I mean going around posting and refering to yourselves as..... Sifu Jim.......Sifu Ron

Sifu usually a title of respect that other people call you by...saying it yourself seems a slight lack of humble-ness...NOT that you didn' t earn it in skill or training it just seems....i don't know....would tacky be the right word? (or spelling)

We don't know the issues between you guys but it would seem like ONLY Sifu Jim and Sifu Ron brought it into this forum

if you guys truly wanted it private than deal with it in private...personally it looks like you were waiting for an excuse to get angry with them and now using the forum to gather support.

again....sorry for butting in...this is really none of my business

Sorry to disappoint you but...

I don't know Seming Ma but have got to know more about you, through your words , Ron!

not to be offensive or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    This is to notify That Steeve & Ng Ga Kuen Remove all & any Photos,Video's Text & anything connected to me in any way, In there possession indefinitely.
    The recent comments is just a continuation of the type of Disrespectful talk about the elders of Ark Yuey Wong Style & students that came before them.

Sifu Jim Anestasi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Anestasi View Post
    G.M.Ark Y.Wong Mok Ga video was well done,I remember learning that form however there is an other which has short kicks along with the Chicken Heart Punches,Seming do you have a copy of that one?. I would like to see it. Thanks for sharing.
    Sifu Jim
    You know, I just had to say something about this. Not that I'm a moderator, nor anyone of particular status on this forum. I'm not associated with SMM or anyone from the 5 fam system...

But... I find it funny that you'd tell them in one breath that you don't want them using any of your video/docs, etc. and then ask for video re: a topic you're interested in.

Moreover, unless you are speaking of personally owned and licensed materials, I doubt there is any legally binding weight to your request to not use 'your materials', esp. if said materials were shot in a public domain (i.e. a tournament), in a place that wasn't yours (i.e. were made for the studio you were teaching in vs. your own studio) or were shot by someone else for their own collection (i.e., not produced by you). Couple this together with your consent (i.e. if you knew you were being filmed), and you don't really have a strong claim that your materials are protected by anything.

Additionally, there is an issue of fair use, esp. for education, which most of this is. Ppl can reproduce a limited amount of text, but not whole documents. Too, IIRC, they can talk about your ideas, and even paraphrase what you are saying, but not duplicate the exact manner in which you are saying things.

There is also a difference between materials that you performed and materials that you 'produce'. The latter, I believe, is protected in certain circumstances, but not necessarily the former. Too, if you created something for someone else, and they hold the rights to it, it isn't yours, even though you created it. Thus, you claim to not use 'your material' wouldn't be valid there either unless you continue to hold the rights to it and simply license it out.

I only bring this up because I get tired of this particular type of fight, and when private conflicts becoming public and ppl throwing their weight around in forums like this, with verbal threats of not using their materials. Its sad when relationships go sour, ppl don't get along anymore and conflicts like this stunt sharing process.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by lostdragon; 11-21-2007 at 11:52 AM.

One of the many reasons I am against 'inner circle" students and such.
    Drama begets drama.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Dispute

Just checked in and see the start of a fire storm, I missed out on the first one.
    Any way I think everyone should take a few steps back,take a few deep breaths and calm down.
    Ron & I have known each other for many years and have studied together before G.M Ark Y. Wong, We were in our late teens when we found martial arts and have been involved it in one way or another since. I don't know Seming at all,in 1968 was my last year with G.M Ark Y. Wong after starting in 1958. Some people like to hear stories from our past with G.M.Wong some don't care,other are envious or jealous,or what have you.The fact is I was his first non Chinese student,I got Ron involved a year later.The "inner circle" persons are trying to to start another war of words again as this is what happened in the past.About me asking Seming If he had The other Video Of G.M.Ark Wong doing Mok Ga with the kicking,I was curious Because that video was made for sale.We have our own video's of what we were taught. Most of those old films have survived to this day.As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed once and for all. It is not worth the effort of writing about this on a public forum
    IMHO.
    Sifu Jim Anestasi

Wow Sifu Ron is amazing. Seming simpliy confirms a request from one of Sifu RON's earlier posts and Sifu RON starts gets bent.